Author Topic: 2018 NBA League Trade Deadline & Buyout Season Watch Thread  (Read 18442 times)

Re: 2018 NBA League Trade Deadline & Buyout Season Watch Thread
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Suns acquire former first-round pick Elfrid Payton from Magic for 2nd round pick

What happened to the person who was so convinced Smart wasn't better than Payton...?  :laugh: ::) ::)

I wouldn't be worrying about him.
If Smart could fetch better return than Elfrid Payton did today, he'd be packing his bags right now...
I'm no Smart fan but I definitely wouldn't want us to trade Smart for a high 2nd
And so we didn't. But if there was a first on the table, Smart would have been out of town before you can say "Elfrid Payton".

How do you figure that?

Why would the Celtics be in the market (and give up SIGNIFICANT value in Smart) for a better 1st round pick, when they wouldn't even include their own crappy 1st rounder in a trade for Evans?

It doesn't even seem like Smart's going to command much as a FA, so I can't see why we needed to dump him.  Much rather sign him to a low-risk contract and see if he blows up like Bradley, while dangling the soon to be FA Rozier in trades as a team's new starting PG.
I figure that because it was widely reported that Smart was available for a first-rounder.

To be honest, I have a feeling that Woj doesn't like us for some reason..

Suns acquire former first-round pick Elfrid Payton from Magic for 2nd round pick

What happened to the person who was so convinced Smart wasn't better than Payton...?  :laugh: ::) ::)

I wouldn't be worrying about him.

Ah, I see. I hope he didn't get banned. He said some pretty rude or hurtful things to me, and some other members on the forum. But still, I wouldn't want someone to get kicked out because they had a bad day.

If Isaiah got bought out, and he came to the Celtics, I think I might legit cry myself to sleep and die happy. (Which would probably never happen, since we can only sign vet min.)
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2018, 06:34:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think the reason Smart was available for a 1st was so if we got it we'd flip our own 1st for Tyreke, effectively trading Smart for Tyreke and a move up in the draft.  I can see that logic appealing to Danny a lot.

« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2018, 03:55:21 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
The Hawks are finalizing a buyout agreement with shooting guard Marco Belinelli, leagues sources tell ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski (via Twitter). According to Wojnarowski, several contending teams are interested in Belinelli.

MARCO!

(POLO!)
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2018, 04:08:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
The Hawks are finalizing a buyout agreement with shooting guard Marco Belinelli, leagues sources tell ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski (via Twitter). According to Wojnarowski, several contending teams are interested in Belinelli.

MARCO!

(POLO!)

I wonder if we go after him with JJ hitting the buyout market, too.

« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2018, 04:10:52 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
hes probably calling Luigi Datome who's putting in a good word for us ! :)

« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2018, 05:39:36 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

MARCO!

(POLO!)

I much, much prefer Marco. He's a better shooter, younger, and a better fit for Brad's system, imo.

http://bkref.com/tiny/KqzdY
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2018, 06:58:47 PM »

Online ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

MARCO!

(POLO!)

I much, much prefer Marco. He's a better shooter, younger, and a better fit for Brad's system, imo.

http://bkref.com/tiny/KqzdY

You say younger as if it makes him more athletic or something. These 2 are a wash and that's not a testament to Marco considering JJ been toast for at least a season. I'll pass on both.
ok fine