Author Topic: Chicken little trade idea  (Read 1321 times)

Chicken little trade idea
« on: January 21, 2018, 06:57:29 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
So i just learned from this blog that Al is no good and marcus smart is the worst player ever. So...... lets get rid of them.

Send Al, Smart, and a  pick maybe as much as the memphis to..................
Memphis for Gasol and Tyreke evans.

Marc is 1.5 years older. But scores and rebounds better and is a pretty decent defender. Tyreke as many has noted makes a ton of sense for us.

Thoughts?

PSA: im not necessarily for trading Al....but definitely be ok waiving Smart or Rozier or even both goodbye

Re: Chicken little trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 07:08:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think Horford isn't the better player than Gasol, but I think his game will last longer and become consistent. Gasol is a far cry from his DPOY days.

I have a love and hate relationship with Smart. This team loves to play with each other. I agreed with what Irving said about adversity previously in the post game, because Irving, Smart, Brown and Tatum all have great chemistry.

Horford is also a great leader and awesome locker room presence.

Evans and Gasol are both great players. But I would rather keep Horford and Smart over them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:17:54 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 07:23:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I would love Gasol. 18/8/4 with really strong defence. Does the same things well that Horford does, except is a better rebounder and defender of bigs but not as elite at 3 point shooting nor passing. He is a true 5 however.

Evans I would also much rather than Smart.

On the other hand, moving Horford is a bad move in terms of potential free agent acquisitions down the road.

Not sure if I’d do this or not, don’t think Memphis would though
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 07:31:03 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I would love Gasol. 18/8/4 with really strong defence. Does the same things well that Horford does, except is a better rebounder and defender of bigs but not as elite at 3 point shooting nor passing. He is a true 5 however.

Evans I would also much rather than Smart.

On the other hand, moving Horford is a bad move in terms of potential free agent acquisitions down the road.

Not sure if I’d do this or not, don’t think Memphis would though

TP as we are on the same page on everything u posted. Someone sarcastically suggested to find a trade for AL in another thread and i couldnt resist the ol trade machine

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 09:36:35 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
This move does not move the needle for me.

You are basically accelerating a decision on Smart (choosing to get rid of him). I also love what Al does for this team. He is just way too important.

I think we need to accept that this year we will compete as best we can (without Hayward) and next year we'll compete (with Hayward, a top 5 draft pick and potentially Marcus Smart included if he agrees to a reasonable contract).

I do think that Danny might have to combine the assets he has and consolidate. We will have 3 top 5 draft picks (Tatum, Brown, Lakers 2018), 3 perennial all stars (Irving, Hayward, Horford) and a deep bench (Morris, Baynes, Rozier, Yabusele, Theis, Ojeleye). Tatum/Brown/Hayward creates redundancy. The Lakers picks creates redundancy with Horford with the amount of bigs in this draft.

To compete against GSW, we need to be a little more top heavy rather than 12 deep. Makes me think a bigger move might be the way to go. To set our team up to have its 4 headed monster (Tatum being the 4th head to the monster cause no way do we get rid of him) and give them 3-5 years to make it happen.