Author Topic: Woj is reporting that Kemba Walker is on the trade block  (Read 10318 times)

Woj is reporting that Kemba Walker is on the trade block
« on: January 19, 2018, 10:19:19 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
This could be an interesting development around the league.

Looking at the current standings the top ten teams(GS,Cs,Rockets,Raptors,Minn, Cavs, Heat, OKC, Wizards, Blazers) are all set at PG with the spurs being the only maybe in the list.

After that their are alot of teams fighting in the massive NBA middle class who could use a true lead guard. The 3 teams currently sitting at the 12-14 draft picks are NYK, Denver, and Detriot all who could use Walker to likely jump into the playoffs. The 76ers are the current 8th seed in the east and a scoring lead guard like Walker could really change their dynamic for the better. The nuggets are loaded with talent at every position except PG and could make a noticeable jump with Walker.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Woj is reporting that Kemba Walker is on the trade block
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 10:32:17 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
It really could be interesting.  No idea where he would go but the dude can play.  In some ways I feel for him cause he's been dedicated to being there but I would also like to see him play on a better team.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 10:35:48 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
A couple of trade ideas

Magic and Bobcats

Magic get Walker, Howard and Bacon

Bobcats get Vucevic, Ross, Mack, Hezonja and wither Issac or Magics 2018 1st top 5 protected this year.

Why,

Magic then have a starting lineup of Walker, Fournier, Simmons, Gordon and Dwight and this group should be able to make an interesting playoff push

Bobcats they get pieces for future trades with the key addition being Issac or the Pick

Bobcats and 76ers

Magic get Saric, AMir, Bayless, McConnell and 76s 2018 1st

76ers get WAlker, Williams and Bacon

why

Hornets add Saric and a decent pick

76ers add a secondary scoring option to Embiid and a player who should be able to play some off ball with Simmons. If and when Fultz comes around they can always share a back court.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 10:41:04 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Charlotte wants to dump some bad contracts and get an asset, so it will be interesting to see what type of offers are made.

The Cavs came to mind as they could move Thomas and they have a lot of contracts of varying sizes and length to match up with some of Charlotte's poor contracts.

I mean would something like Walker, Batum, Williams for Thomas, Shumpert, Frye, and Thompson be appealing to both teams.  Cavs can add in Osman, Zizic, their own 1st as necessary.  The trade saves Charlotte a ton of long term money and they get a guy in Thomas who could be the face of their franchise going forward.  Would it be different for Charlotte if Howard instead of Batum went out?

Walker would be very interesting on the Knicks, but they don't have the contracts to really acquire Walker let alone any of the other bad contracts on the Hornets. 

Denver makes a lot of sense and they do have a lot of contracts and can provide some quality players. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 10:52:16 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I don't know what assets the Spurs have to get a deal done, but Kemba Walker as a Tony Parker replacement would be killer. The two-three years Pop initiated the offense through Parker (using his speed and handle to break down defenses before kicking the ball out for a Spurs passing clinic), the Spurs were incredibly dynamic.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 11:13:41 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
A couple of trade ideas

Magic and Bobcats

Bobcats get Vucevic, Ross, Mack, Hezonja and wither Issac or Magics 2018 1st top 5 protected this year.

Why,

Magic then have a starting lineup of Walker, Fournier, Simmons, Gordon and Dwight and this group should be able to make an interesting playoff push

Bobcats they get pieces for future trades with the key addition being Issac or the Pick

Bobcats and 76ers

why

76ers add a secondary scoring option to Embiid and a player who should be able to play some off ball with Simmons. If and when Fultz comes around they can always share a back court.
Bobcats? Lol.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 11:29:59 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I always thought he is really good little guard .   I wonder who Char thinks,they can get who is better ?   

This somds like a tank move to me to postion themselfs to loose alot of games. .    With out Kimba they super suck IMO.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 11:32:31 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I always thought he is really good little guard .   I wonder who Char thinks,they can get who is better ?   

This somds like a tank move to me to postion themselfs to loose alot of games. .    With out Kimba they super suck IMO.

With his contract and talent, he's the best asset they have by far. If they want to rebuild, it makes sense to use him to get picks/prospects and/or move one of the two big contracts they have in Batum and Howard. Those two contracts are killing them.

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 11:40:42 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Charlotte wants to dump some bad contracts and get an asset, so it will be interesting to see what type of offers are made.

The Cavs came to mind as they could move Thomas and they have a lot of contracts of varying sizes and length to match up with some of Charlotte's poor contracts.

I mean would something like Walker, Batum, Williams for Thomas, Shumpert, Frye, and Thompson be appealing to both teams.  Cavs can add in Osman, Zizic, their own 1st as necessary.  The trade saves Charlotte a ton of long term money and they get a guy in Thomas who could be the face of their franchise going forward.  Would it be different for Charlotte if Howard instead of Batum went out?

Walker would be very interesting on the Knicks, but they don't have the contracts to really acquire Walker let alone any of the other bad contracts on the Hornets. 

Denver makes a lot of sense and they do have a lot of contracts and can provide some quality players.

You realize every single time a player is rumored to be on the block you talk about how they "could make sense" on Cleveland and propose a way to get them there. You have done it with Bledsoe, Blake, Jordan, Kemba in the last few months alone. It's strange to spend so much time trying to improve the squad of one of our main rivals. What is the deal with that?

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 11:41:27 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
San Antonio would be an excellent spot for him.

Maybe Dejounte Murray or Bryn Forbes + Patty Mills + picks.

I'm not sure if Charlotte will be enticed to that, but man, Kemba for the Spurs would be excellent. He basically takes the Tony Parker role.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 11:44:04 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I would like to see him on Denver. If milsap gets healthy walker, Harris, milsap and Jokic is a good group. Could probably still use another wing unless Barton can fill the role

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 11:59:34 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
A couple of trade ideas

Magic and Bobcats

Why,

Bobcats and 76ers

why

Bobcats? Lol.

great catch im not going back to change it, I almost called the Wizards the Bullets in my OP. Not sure where my mind is this morning
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 12:06:20 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

You realize every single time a player is rumored to be on the block you talk about how they "could make sense" on Cleveland and propose a way to get them there. You have done it with Bledsoe, Blake, Jordan, Kemba in the last few months alone. It's strange to spend so much time trying to improve the squad of one of our main rivals. What is the deal with that?

In his defense speculating on the Cavs at least yields very real results as they are always very active. I also find myself pondering what the Cavs next roster move will be. They are in a very strange spot. Not good enough to beat the Warriors, still good enough to win the east, they have multiple players under performing and are lacking in developing youth. They also are sitting on a Nets pick that can help their roster but likely not enough to get them over the Warriors. Where the Cs are not up to the Warriors level we as fans can look at Tatum and Brown's potential and the return of Hayward and justify competing next season the Cavs can only live in the moment. Making them an interesting source of trade speculation.

And yes a IT to HORNETS for Walker trade would rock the NBA and might actually make sense for both sides as long as the Cavs add a wing MKG or Batum and the Hornets can get out from under from of their $$$     
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 12:16:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
But how can the Cavs possibly add more bad contracts? They are currently a team filled with them already. Why would the Hornets prefer the overpaid Cavs players to their own overpaid players.

It would be funny to see a deal centered around Kemba and IT/BKN pick, though. No way does Charlotte take back just IT and filler - they want high picks and prospects if they are giving up by far their most valuable piece/player.

I like Orlando as one of the most realistic possibilities  for both sides.

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
If you're Philadelphia, do you trade Markelle Fultz for Kemba Walker?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace