Author Topic: Theis mystery  (Read 2473 times)

Re: Theis mystery
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 11:51:11 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
What is Theis's ceiling? Can he develop an offensive game?

Let me say that I love Theis as a player. Great effort and understanding of the game - a real pro - and an absolute steal on that contract. That said, I think his ceiling is very good backup big or poor man's starter. He's already 25, and he's been a pro for a long time, so I'm not expecting huge leaps forward in his game. On offense he's going to be a decent shooter, hopefully continuing to improve from the NBA 3-point line; he's capable of a straight-line drive to attack closeouts if there's a path to the basket; and he'll set good, wide, solid screens at the perimeter. Those are all useful skills(!) and he's a willing and pretty mobile defender. But he's never going to soar like AD or AG, and he doesn't have the same strength as the bully bigs, which makes him susceptible to being pushed around a little by the true centers. I don't think he has anything like Kelly O's ability to use fakes and change of pace to get to the basket.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:02:10 PM by Sophomore »

Re: Theis mystery
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 01:25:33 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I’ve never seen a guy get so vertical on challenges. He goes straight up and absorbs contact to disrupt the shot while not getting a foul called (usually).

His three point shot is coming around. I like him as a cheap backup big. Great energy, seems very likeable. Will continue to adapt to NBA game.

Very underrated signing by DA.
CELTICS 2024