Author Topic: Bad Kyrie  (Read 2196 times)

Bad Kyrie
« on: January 17, 2018, 06:16:00 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I just watched a re-play of the first half of last night's game.  Boy, Kyrie was not JUST bad, he was almost horrible IMHO!!

How the heck he had a 15 PER is beyond me, and I quote that a LOT!!

He shot 33% overall and ONLY had 2 assists and 6 turnovers!!!

He did have 7 rebounds, probably following his own bricks!!

Jrue CLEARLY dominated that match up!!!

IF Kyrie and Rozier had simply played at their normal levels, we would have won by 10 or more DESPITE AD doing his thing!!

Like the player announcers were saying during the game:  Kyrie is YET to have that 6 to 7 game stretch where he simply does not hardly miss!!!

I am READY for that NOW!!!!  Show me Kyrie!!!

I WANT GOOD Kyrie!!

Smitty77

Re: Bad Kyrie
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 06:28:42 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
He has a shoulder injury.
He was trying to play through it.
Always a bad idea.

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 06:39:20 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
That might explain it then.  He was very rough to watch. 

I think that Tatum was only about 60 to 75% as well.  He had that MRI and was pronounced fine, but he was not the Tatum we have had all season!!  He was NO WHERE to be found in the 4th where he usually asserts himself.

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 06:47:20 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Always a bad idea.

I need more information on that shoulder injury please!!!  Did you get that from the announcers from last night's game talking about him shaking out is shoulder before a FT attempt?  Is that all you have?

Smitty77

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 06:52:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Always a bad idea.

I need more information on that shoulder injury please!!!  Did you get that from the announcers from last night's game talking about him shaking out is shoulder before a FT attempt?  Is that all you have?

Smitty77

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/01/boston_celtics_news_kyrie_irvi_7.html

He's questionable for tomorrow's game.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 08:28:16 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Maybe he’s not so woke.  Maybe he should have worked on getting more than 2 assists and taken less than 24 shots if his shooting shoulder was affecting his shot.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 09:13:59 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Maybe he’s not so woke.  Maybe he should have worked on getting more than 2 assists and taken less than 24 shots if his shooting shoulder was affecting his shot.

Brilliantly stated!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 09:36:48 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Always a bad idea.

Smitty77

https://www.celticsblog.com/2018/1/17/16902290/celtics-questionable-vs-76ers-thursday-injury-update-nba-boston-philadelphia-irving-smart-yabusele

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 11:57:23 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

Exactly.

I am still not sold on this guy. He dribbled away two important possessions during the last 2 minutes last nite and, after making no attempt to run the offense, he jacks up contested off-balance 3-pointers. What happened to his recent revelations about doing whatever the team needs and not being concerned with his stats ?  He leads the team in shot attempts every single game. Also afraid Stevens will not stand up to this guy when he needs to.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 10:01:16 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112

Exactly.

I am still not sold on this guy. He dribbled away two important possessions during the last 2 minutes last nite and, after making no attempt to run the offense, he jacks up contested off-balance 3-pointers. What happened to his recent revelations about doing whatever the team needs and not being concerned with his stats ?  He leads the team in shot attempts every single game. Also afraid Stevens will not stand up to this guy when he needs to.

I know those last 2 minutes p---ed me off.  When he's hitting those crazy 3's I love him but when he goes into his LeBUM-mode at the end of the game and misses shots with 2 defenders and loses the ball when he's trying to dribble through 3 defenders - my God man pass the ball and trust your teammates.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 10:28:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I just watched a re-play of the first half of last night's game.  Boy, Kyrie was not JUST bad, he was almost horrible IMHO!!

How the heck he had a 15 PER is beyond me, and I quote that a LOT!!

He shot 33% overall and ONLY had 2 assists and 6 turnovers!!!

He did have 7 rebounds, probably following his own bricks!!

Jrue CLEARLY dominated that match up!!!

IF Kyrie and Rozier had simply played at their normal levels, we would have won by 10 or more DESPITE AD doing his thing!!

Like the player announcers were saying during the game:  Kyrie is YET to have that 6 to 7 game stretch where he simply does not hardly miss!!!

I am READY for that NOW!!!!  Show me Kyrie!!!

I WANT GOOD Kyrie!!

Smitty77

Ask Lebaby why his team is struggling

Kyrie needs to rest  for a few games

Let Terry and Shane take over

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 11:00:01 PM »

Offline mrb617

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Celtics fans who don't like Kyrie already have issues that don't have to do with basketball. MAGA?

If anyones has a problem with Kyries shot selection talk to BRAD STEVENS. He is the coach who draws up plays during timeouts and coaches them at practices. Kyrie is doing what CBS is telling him to do, which is use your superstar level talent and elite clutch ability to WIN THE GAME. When Gordon comes back or after CBS has more confidence in Tatum it will be different, but for now our best bet for last second shots is give it to Kyrie. If CBS felt differently it would be different.

Some of KI shots aren’t dropping, especially at home.. but they will! He’s one of the best players, especially clutch in the league. COME ON!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 11:21:25 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Wrong thread
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:49:33 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 11:50:21 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Celtics fans who don't like Kyrie already have issues that don't have to do with basketball. MAGA?

If anyones has a problem with Kyries shot selection talk to BRAD STEVENS. He is the coach who draws up plays during timeouts and coaches them at practices. Kyrie is doing what CBS is telling him to do, which is use your superstar level talent and elite clutch ability to WIN THE GAME. When Gordon comes back or after CBS has more confidence in Tatum it will be different, but for now our best bet for last second shots is give it to Kyrie. If CBS felt differently it would be different.

Some of KI shots aren’t dropping, especially at home.. but they will! He’s one of the best players, especially clutch in the league. COME ON!!!

Did you catch last game vs. the Pels? Anthony Davis is what a superstar looks like.

You mean the guy who scored 8 pts in 38 minutes on 25% shooting against the Hawks? Even stars have down moments or slumps.

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 11:58:12 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Did you catch last game vs. the Pels? Anthony Davis is what a superstar looks like.

You mean the guy who scored 8 pts in 38 minutes on 25% shooting against the Hawks? Even stars have down moments or slumps.

Deleted the post to avoid issues.  Re: Davis.. yes he was quiet tonight, but he's a certified beast.  In his last 3 games, he averaged 43 pts and 14 rebs.   
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC