Author Topic: Flu can be a nasty opponent  (Read 1729 times)

Flu can be a nasty opponent
« on: January 17, 2018, 03:33:45 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I was worried about this,it can rip through a team and alter a season

Re: Flu can be a nasty opponent
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 03:44:09 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'm sure there's a story behind this, just not quite certain what it is.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 03:52:33 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I believe he's referring to Nader missing last night with an illness and Yabusele being questionable tomorrow with an illness. That said, maybe the team he's referring to is the Red Claws because they don't make one bit of difference in Big Boys league.

I've also never seen the flu "alter a season", so perhaps the OP can provide a historical example.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 03:59:38 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think Rollie is watching the ‘97 Finals with bated breath.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 04:10:47 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
My question is, if Nader and Yabu miss time with the flu, will anyone notice?
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 04:16:12 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Yabusele and smart questionable vs sixers. FLU and Kyrie has a sore shoulder

Story-after winning 15 straight and being undefeated  a flu ripped through our team which resulted three losses by 2 pts or under.Just gutted us and crippled our defensive stamina.

Eddie-you still carrying Nader in your head -i didn't even notice he was missing
But we will miss Smart and usually there will be more
Tommy was down with it.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 04:41:28 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 04:37:18 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Not to equate my own circumstance with the importance of the C's, but I have the flu right now (since Saturday).  I was targeting tomorrow for back to work, but felt like crap again today even thought the fever's gone.   I could see this having a multi-week impact on my strength/stamina.  Can't imagine if I had to be at top physical form.  I didn't get sick to my stomach, but appetite  was gone for 3 days -- weigh loss, weakness.  They probably get better treatment than the treatment I had (Tylenol), but I could definitely see it taking a toll on the team for a while if it goes around.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 04:54:26 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
TP neurotic guy-i have had eddie baiting  like some stalker
The lingering effect of the flu on a team can devastate their record  altering their seed.Some players need to be hospitalized and put on a drip.
I used to commute monthly from England and picked up some nasty stuff.
I guess none of these guys that have responded this way have ever tried to play with the flu

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 05:55:03 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Public Service Announcement. Take the flu seriously this year everybody. If you find yourself stricken with the flu, and you opt to ride it out yourself, pay close attention if possible to your fluid levels. There have already been some reports of perfectly healthy individuals passing (even mid 20s) due to complications stemming from influenza.

Also don't think it is too late to get immunized. We are at peak season at the moment, but we are expecting to see a high number of cases for another 10-14 weeks. Also while the current immunization is only 10% effective, that is a misleading stat. While that is for preventing contraction, your symptoms and time frame are better if you have the shot.
#JKJB

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 10:48:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I'm convinced you simply throw out words without knowing what they actually mean. I was actually helping you out by explaining to Koz (see below) what I believed you were referring to. You know, since your posts are usually just a bunch of random statements thrown together without much thought or reasoning, but this one literally had zero context.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 12:10:55 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yabusele and smart questionable vs sixers. FLU and Kyrie has a sore shoulder

Story-after winning 15 straight and being undefeated  a flu ripped through our team which resulted three losses by 2 pts or under.Just gutted us and crippled our defensive stamina.

Eddie-you still carrying Nader in your head -i didn't even notice he was missing
But we will miss Smart and usually there will be more
Tommy was down with it.
Flu isn’t quite so nasty when it has a sore shoulder :D

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 06:43:40 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker

I'm convinced you simply throw out words without knowing what they actually mean. I was actually helping you out by explaining to Koz (see below) what I believed you were referring to. You know, since your posts are usually just a bunch of random statements thrown together without much thought or reasoning, but this one literally had zero context.

Y
Public Service Announcement. Take the flu seriously this year everybody. If you find yourself stricken with the flu, and you opt to ride it out yourself, pay close attention if possible to your fluid levels. There have already been some reports of perfectly healthy individuals passing (even mid 20s) due to complications stemming from influenza.

Also don't think it is too late to get immunized. We are at peak season at the moment, but we are expecting to see a high number of cases for another 10-14 weeks. Also while the current immunization is only 10% effective, that is a misleading stat. While that is for preventing contraction, your symptoms and time frame are better if you have the shot.

[/quote
 Eddie you believed wrong and have stepped in it again-you know what they say about p---in in the wind.As to convinced that i" throw out words without knowing what they mean" and what words are those.This is supposed to be a fun board not a thesis or English class.

I'm convinced your agenda is driven by some other motive.Your insecurities are showing in your critiques of players like Green,Semi and Nader buffered by some need to be right at any cost.
Instead of celebrating the effort that these players put in -just to be on roster of the leading team in NBA.
Your" hyperbole" of negativism,sarcasm and vitrolic attacks of Celtics players actually paints a very caustic picture of your personality-is that enough content.

Gerald Green avg 15.6 .415 from three and averaging 26 minutes a game and .900% from foul line and had two magic games after just coming from playing in his driveway.

Semi Ojeleye-playing defense on some of best players in NBA including 4th quarters on certain match ups and a rookie that you claimed sucks,doesn't hustle and denigrated his results from combine.
Nader against all odds made the roster of one of the top NBA teams and another rookie