Author Topic: Anthony Davis should stay put  (Read 5450 times)

Anthony Davis should stay put
« on: January 16, 2018, 11:42:55 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
The Pelicans looked good tonight. If they can somehow clear some space to add a Paul George type wing, they become a top 5 team.

I don't know why New Orleans would look to trade him. I don't think they get even value in any viable trade for him.

Re: Anthony Davis should stay put
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 11:47:18 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
The Pelicans looked good tonight. If they can somehow clear some space to add a Paul George type wing, they become a top 5 team.

I don't know why New Orleans would look to trade him. I don't think they get even value in any viable trade for him.

A one game sample they may look alright. Other nights they look awful. The inconsistency is an indicator of a poorly built and poorly coached basketball team.

As for acquiring a top wing and getting better; Davis is on a max, Cousins will be on a max, and Jrue Holiday is on a max until 2021.

Unless by some miracle of god they can offload Jrue Holiday somewhere, they cannot add more superstars to that roster. Best of luck with that endeavour. Probably the worst contract in the league.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 11:49:22 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
They won't trade him unless he demands a trade.  He doesn't seem like the type, but who knows -- that's par for course these days.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 12:01:10 AM »

Offline estendius

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
I think he will stay, unless Pelician doesn't want to pay him the supermax contract.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 12:16:12 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
He’ll probably be the new KG. Stuck on a team that will never win anything of note. Another small market holding on to a star as long as possible. Once they lose in the first round the pressure will only build though. Go green AD 🍀 Convince me the C’s couldn’t win a ring with this lineup:

Kyrie
Smart
Hayward
Tatum
Davis

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 12:18:33 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
They will wait until the last minute and trade him if he requests a trade or will let his contract expire. Then they will blame him after he leaves.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 12:19:05 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
He’ll probably be the new KG. Stuck on a team that will never win anything of note. Another small market holding on to a star as long as possible. Once they lose in the first round the pressure will only build though. Go green AD 🍀 Convince me the C’s couldn’t win a ring with this lineup:

Kyrie
Smart
Hayward
Tatum
Davis

I want to believe too.....

I don't think Horford + Brown + filler gets it done. Add in Bagley/Ayton and I think you have a deal.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 12:19:53 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
New Orleans would be crazy to ever trade him. He should stay.

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 12:33:47 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
usualy it takes a while to sink in because they are so young , to realize they won't be playing forever , and time creeps up ,  they mature and go .....oh my ......I ve wasted away here , maybe a
I should go somewhere to win a ring .

KG just stayed too long ....i watched all those years i. depresssion of him being on that team wasting years .

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 02:50:10 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
1. Cousins is a goner after they lose or miss playoffs

2. They're Bad

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 04:42:12 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
As much as I love his game, I agree.

I'd dread how much we'd have to give up to get him.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 05:08:00 AM »

Offline OnPoint

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 128
NO might be a logical place for the banana boat to have their reunion.

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 10:07:25 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112

Kyrie
Smart
Hayward
Tatum
Davis

I think I agree with your KG comparison.  I like Davis a lot but I'm really not sure he'd improve our chances...especially considering what we'd have to give up.  We just might become the Boston Pelicans.  If he played every game like he played last night - hell yes.  But, he doesn't.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 10:28:21 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
New Orleans is in such cap hell, there only real shot is to trade bad contracts for better fitting bad contracts.  Something like Asik and Allen for Smith and Rose might make sense for both teams.  Cavs add a wing defender in Allen, save some money, but get stuck with Asik (though he is signed for less than Smith).  Pelicans get a shot a resurrecting Smith (and they badly need a wing) and maybe see if Rose has anything left.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 10:32:03 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Terrible cap, terrible coach, terrible management, terrible roster construction.

I love Davis + DMC + Jrue, but you need more than that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes