Author Topic: IT asks Celtics NOT to play video tribute on 2/11  (Read 18446 times)

Re: IT asks Celtics NOT to play video tribute on 2/11
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2018, 05:47:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This not only Pierce's night but its his DAY.  He has been here forever and deserves not to share his day.
IT had his chance and cause HE decided he didnt want to do it on the 1st night back in Boston is his fault.
He could have bought plane tickets for his family to be there or the Celtics could have used the private plane and had them flown in.
I like IT but he is NOT an ALL TIME Celtic.
Thanks for the 2 years you gave us and you are welcome for the opportunity to start and become a Super Star ( no other team did that for him).

Isn’t Pierce already sharing his day with a game and all that comes with that? That was one of Jalen Rose’s points.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2018, 05:59:56 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
This not only Pierce's night but its his DAY.  He has been here forever and deserves not to share his day.
IT had his chance and cause HE decided he didnt want to do it on the 1st night back in Boston is his fault.
He could have bought plane tickets for his family to be there or the Celtics could have used the private plane and had them flown in.
Thanks for the 2 years you gave us and you are welcome for the opportunity to start and become a Super Star ( no other team did that for him).

Isn’t Pierce already sharing his day with a game and all that comes with that? That was one of Jalen Rose’s points.

Exactly. Are they not going to honor a "Hero Among Us" during this game? Wouldn't that take away from Pierce's night too? I'm a petty person myself, so I don't hate Paul for this, but it's super petty.

« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2018, 06:00:14 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

It is funny how Danny Ainge has been looked at unfavorably for trading IT, when he was the one that gave him the opportunity to shine. Most other teams would not have started IT b/c of his defensive deficiencies a couple of years ago.

I will not be shocked if IT's time in Boston was the highlight of his career.

« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2018, 06:04:20 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Pierce shouldn't have talked about his phone call with Danny Ainge.  For example he said: "Danny tried to sell me on it, but I told him, 'He had a shot, Danny, and he punked you on it.'".  How did he expect IT to respond to that? At this point, no one is looking good.

Even though it's "Paul Pierce's night", there's still a game to be played that he won't be playing in. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:29:31 AM by alley oop »

« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2018, 02:58:28 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2018, 03:08:50 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The two should just get into the boxing ring at this point.

Truth may have the reach but IT has that speed and low center of gravity.

I think IT can take him. David vs Goliath.

Let Danny Ainge and Belichik referee. Let Brady and Big Pappy commentate.

Let Don King and Lavar Ball promote it.

« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2018, 03:16:09 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The GOAT has spoken.

Nothing more should be said.