Author Topic: IT asks Celtics NOT to play video tribute on 2/11  (Read 18438 times)

IT asks Celtics NOT to play video tribute on 2/11
« on: January 16, 2018, 08:00:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
https://twitter.com/isaiahthomas/status/953427146114043905

He does not want to cause further issues with Pierce.

Good for IT for being the bigger man in this.

Re: IT asks Celtics NOT to play video tribute on 2/11
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 08:01:50 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I am glad to hear this.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 08:12:48 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Class move from a Classy player.

Love IT and will ALWAYS.

I wish him the best.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 08:21:21 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
IT should get a huge ovation anyways video or no.  It's about more than a video.

I was honestly disappointed myself with Pierce through this all.  Respect to IT and moving on from a silly incident.  It's been dumb.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 08:22:47 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Class move from a Classy player.

Love IT and will ALWAYS.

I wish him the best.

What?  He started this, didn't think it was a big deal, and then ultimately caved to negative public backlash.  Lets stop being delusional.  I wish him the best, but in this situation, and frankly his entire behavior since being traded, he's hardly the bigger man, nor a class act.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 08:23:34 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Well, I said if IT did the right thing and politely deferred to Pierce I would forgive him for all that has transpired.

So, I forgive you, Isaiah Thomas. When ever they do decide to show your tribute video I will give you the respect you deserve.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 08:26:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Am I the only one who is actually disappointed a little in Pierce with all this too?

I mean, I never thought he'd be that sensitive over having some 2-3 minute tribute video for Isaiah that night.

Seemed to me that once Pierce made those comments, that's what made Isaiah sort of cave in with his tweet today.

Obviously it's Pierce's night on Feb. 11, but would a 2-3 minute Isaiah tribute video have really splashed water on Pierce's night, especially if that video was played during a TV timeout or something??

Idk man... this whole thing is confusing.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 08:31:21 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I for one felt Pierce had every right to be upset about the situation IT created by initially asking for his video to be delayed the first time.

Pierce gets no criticism from me over any of this.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 08:32:05 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Am I the only one who is actually disappointed a little in Pierce with all this too?

Lets not play the game either to not take away from him  :laugh: :P

I'm poking fun with truth at the core of it.  Pierce shows little faith in how highly he is regarded hear and sensitivity.  Whatever.  Like I said it's been dumb and I'm sad he made it a story as well in a sense instead of just letting it pass. 

Glad for it to be over and I don't care going forward but that's my take.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 08:32:58 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73

I mean, I never thought he'd be that sensitive over having some 2-3 minute tribute video for Isaiah that night.

Seemed to me that once Pierce made those comments, that's what made Isaiah sort of cave in with his tweet today.

Obviously it's Pierce's night on Feb. 11, but would a 2-3 minute Isaiah tribute video have really splashed water on Pierce's night, especially if that video was played during a TV timeout or something??

I mean, Paul's night has been planned since last summer, IT literally asked the team to change the planned video tribute.  Sounds like one's request is way more self serving than the other.

Never mind that Paul's contributions to the history of the team and city eclipse IT's by light years, so yeah, he's earned his right to have his night all to himself. 

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 08:33:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I understand pierces position. This moment he was waiting for for possibly 90% of his lifetime. There's no greater honor short of the hall of fame where you get your name immortalized somewhere in sports. Why would he want this event to be overtaken with highlights of IT? IT can wait. Pierce comes first

The Celtics wanted to show the video the first time IT came to town. it denied it causing this mess

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 08:33:46 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Paul waited a long time for this night.

IT had his chance, but missed it.

Also. ITs post is just as petty as Paul was, if you actually read it.

Will always have love for IT, but this was all silly. You don't ask about your video. The C's would have done one then, he knew he was going to be there when the schedule went out.

Don't put this on Paul.

It isn't "Welcome back IT" night, it is Welcome home Paul night".

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 08:34:29 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah. I never imagined that he was so insecure.

I guess IT did the “right thing”, but I can’t believe that it came to this.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 08:35:36 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I mean, Paul's night has been planned since last summer, IT literally asked the team to change the planned video tribute.  Sounds like one's request is way more self serving than the other.

Never mind that Paul's contributions to the history of the team and city eclipse IT's by light years, so yeah, he's earned his right to have his night all to himself.

Completely agree.

IT made a huge mistake by asking out to be moved, likely knowing when he was moving it to.

You don't ask to have a tribute video changed. That is silly.

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 08:37:23 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Yeah. I never imagined that he was so insecure.

That is quite the jump.

Sad to see people disparaging one of the C's all time greats because a tribute video on his first return just wasn't good enough for IT.

None of this would have played out if IT said, don't play the video this time, but next time (knowing for sure what date that was).

Sad to see the disrespect of a legend around here.