Author Topic: Larry Nance Jr. anyone??  (Read 1834 times)

Larry Nance Jr. anyone??
« on: January 15, 2018, 10:06:42 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Am I the only one a little infatuated with his game and his effort???

16th in the league in RPM for PF's.

25th in WINS for PF's.

15 in defensive RPM for PF's.

I like this kid!!!

Nader and our first rounder might get it done.

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Re: Larry Nance Jr. anyone??
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:07:43 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I think Nance is one of the most likable players unanimously in the Lakers outside Ingram and Kuzma.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:12:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
They wouldn’t give us Nance for Avery Bradley. They’re not going to move him for a late first.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 10:14:14 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He is signed for almost nothing through next year before becoming a RFA; I have no idea why the Lakers would ever consider trading him - especially for Nader and a crappy 1st.

I guess it also really comes down to who the Cs prefer: Nance Jr or Theis. Theis is already familiar with the system and can help stretch the floor. I would happily add Nance Jr. to our roster with or without Theis, though.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 10:14:33 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
They might have to use Nance in a deal to offload one of those bad contracts (Clarkson).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:20:22 PM by PAOBoston »

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 10:43:21 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
He is signed for almost nothing through next year before becoming a RFA; I have no idea why the Lakers would ever consider trading him - especially for Nader and a crappy 1st.

I guess it also really comes down to who the Cs prefer: Nance Jr or Theis. Theis is already familiar with the system and can help stretch the floor. I would happily add Nance Jr. to our roster with or without Theis, though.

He is on the block:

https://lakeshowlife.com/2018/01/08/lakers-rumors-larry-nance-jr-trading-block/

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 10:43:34 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Don’t know Nance at all.

Obviously there are better players than Theis but we shouldn’t sell him short, especially on that cheap cheap contract. Somebody made a nice point the other day that Brad has been bringing Theis along gradually. Each month his minutes are ticking up. His last few games he’s grabbing 7 boards in 17 minutes. That’s really good production out of a backup center. He also plays good defense and is a pretty reliable roll man and midrange pop man.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 10:49:25 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Don’t know Nance at all.

Obviously there are better players than Theis but we shouldn’t sell him short, especially on that cheap cheap contract. Somebody made a nice point the other day that Brad has been bringing Theis along gradually. Each month his minutes are ticking up. His last few games he’s grabbing 7 boards in 17 minutes. That’s really good production out of a backup center. He also plays good defense and is a pretty reliable roll man and midrange pop man.

I love Theis and his ability to open up the lane with his outside range.  Nance plays almost exclusively on the block!!

A little different, but both play solid defense and rebound.

Smitty77

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 07:54:26 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I've had a man-crush on Nance for over a year...and I think Danny does too.  Unfortunately, he's not gettable.

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 08:54:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would much rather get Kuzma but he is not on the block but that guy can play.