Author Topic: Can you imagine..  (Read 3514 times)

Re: Can you imagine..
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 07:26:01 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Hayward probably doesn’t get injured if we don’t make the Kyrie trade. Having Fultz instead of Tatum would be a bummer.

or Hayward is set to be injured whether the trade happens or not, if you subscribe to that theory.

Its actual better to discuss what ifs having certain events as constants, than open a whole can of worms by theorizing every single causality in a scenario. Who knows, if IT does not get traded he steps on a pebble somewhere that would start a chain that would make the NBA cease to exist.

Well, since Kyrie threw the pass and Crowder made defensive contact, I feel pretty comfortable that it wouldn’t have happened. We don’t need to go down the Butterfly Effect rabbit hole too far to know that Kyrie and Jae were essential to that injury.

Lebron threw him to the floor as Crowder submarined him.
It was dirty as hell.

True. It's also true though that the pass from Kyrie was not good. I've noticed since that Kyrie isn't all that good at setting up alley oops.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 07:27:00 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Hayward probably doesn’t get injured if we don’t make the Kyrie trade. Having Fultz instead of Tatum would be a bummer.

Yeah, blame Kyrie for Hayward's injury. REALLY smart thinking!!

I didn’t blame Kyrie. I said he was part of the play, as was Crowder.

If you take those two off of their respective teams, the play doesn’t happen.

But yes, being able to use logic to the slightest degree is, in fact, “smart thinking”. I appreciate you noticing. TP!

There is a difference between 'smart thinking' and "pretzel logic." 

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 07:37:53 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

or Hayward is set to be injured whether the trade happens or not, if you subscribe to that theory.

Its actual better to discuss what ifs having certain events as constants, than open a whole can of worms by theorizing every single causality in a scenario. Who knows, if IT does not get traded he steps on a pebble somewhere that would start a chain that would make the NBA cease to exist.

Well, since Kyrie threw the pass and Crowder made defensive contact, I feel pretty comfortable that it wouldn’t have happened. We don’t need to go down the Butterfly Effect rabbit hole too far to know that Kyrie and Jae were essential to that injury.

Lebron threw him to the floor as Crowder submarined him.
It was dirty as hell.

True. It's also true though that the pass from Kyrie was not good. I've noticed since that Kyrie isn't all that good at setting up alley oops.

He definitely can be awful at it.  Occasionally he throws legitimately great passes but he's good for 2-3 AWFUL ones a game pretty much I have noticed.  They don't always result in a TO but I'm talking someone is wide open for a 3 and he throws it to their ankles or yes, bad lobs.  I get not being the best passer but given his skill I don't get his occasional total lapses too much.

I don't think there is anyone to blame for the play, that being said.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 07:39:12 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah, blame Kyrie for Hayward's injury. REALLY smart thinking!!

I didn’t blame Kyrie. I said he was part of the play, as was Crowder.

If you take those two off of their respective teams, the play doesn’t happen.

But yes, being able to use logic to the slightest degree is, in fact, “smart thinking”. I appreciate you noticing. TP!

There is a difference between 'smart thinking' and "pretzel logic."

There is, although “pretzel logic” doesn’t really apply here.

It doesn’t take too many logical contortions to conclude that if the guy who threw the pass and the guy who undercut Hayward weren’t involved, that play doesn’t happen in the same way.  That’s common sense that my 5-year old can reason through.  Why are you having such a hard time with it?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Hypothetical thought/question
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 10:43:45 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
I just had a scary thought...If we had drafted Fultz and kept IT, Bradley & Crowder, what do you think our record would be today?  I say 20-24. Our starting 5 would have been Marcus, Avery, Jae, FA, Al.  Fultz would be out and IT would just be coming back.

Thank you Danny!
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Re: Hypothetical thought/question
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 10:52:50 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There was this thread from yesterday that discussed a similar scenario (has us signing Hayward, but he is still injured):

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=95037.0

It would be pretty grim to say the least, but we would have the BKN pick, Jaylen, Al, and a similar system to last year still in place. We would also desperately be hoping for IT to get back to his elite level.

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 09:41:01 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I thought early on that IF we didn't have Kyrie this year we'd be lucky to be a .500 team.

I like this team a LOT , BUT as good as it is, without Kyrie, sorry.

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 10:29:58 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I thought early on that IF we didn't have Kyrie this year we'd be lucky to be a .500 team.

What would our lineup look like?

Smart / Rozier
Brown
Hayward / Tatum
Tatum / Crowder
Horford / Baynes

I could see us being anywhere between 4th and 10th in the East, but I’d lean closer to 4th.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 12:14:29 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I don't think that Irving is that crucial right now. He brought us a couple of extra wins and I certainly wouldn't say he's playing bad, but with Larkin behind Smart and Rozier we have enough depth at the point guard position to easily secure a play-off spot.

The strength of the team is that they've 7 or 8 players who are able to catch fire. We're not dependent on one guy to carry the offense. Only Horford seems irreplaceable in the starting unit.

That said, I don't think we would reach the ECF without Irving.