Author Topic: Sixers fans showing remorse over Fultz Tatum trade  (Read 5132 times)

Re: Sixers fans showing remorse over Fultz Tatum trade
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 06:16:10 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Keep in mind when being ultra critical of the sixers training staff and sports science teams - both the sixers and Celtics went down very similar avenues when positioning their training around sports science recently. Both hired Australian exercise physiologists and experts in their field.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 07:04:22 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
New video today from sixers practice and commentary from coach

http://www.phillyvoice.com/markelle-fultzs-shot-looks-and-sounds-huge-concern/

Vids
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/952607076483780609
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/952607989432815619

Shot looks very bad. 3rd grader push shot. They're literally trying to teach him how to shoot and play basketball and its not working... Baffling  and alarming situation especially for a #1 pick

From an observer:

"If it were a case of Fultz front-rimming or back-rimming shots, it would be a little easier to give him the benefit of the doubt. But his shots were all over the place, caroming off the backboard, side-rim, or missing the basket completely. Even when his form was a little smoother, those qualifiers remained in place."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:11:11 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 07:20:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
You must have a hidden agenda against Markelle.

Not really hidden, but yes I do. I'm a simple man. I see a player playing on a team other than the Celtics and short of personal injury, I wish them the absolute worst. I want them to crash and burn. I want the Celtics to win the next 50 years in a row. I also have a not so hidden agenda against LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and everyone else in the league not on the Celtics roster. In fact, for the all star voting, I voted for all Celtics players aside from Giannis, and that was strictly because I didn't want LeBron leading the conference. Call me a homer or whatever, but I cannot enjoy another team's success.

As far as Markelle goes, he is obviously as dumb as bricks. I've shown two examples of that and there are a handful of other videos on youtube that demonstrate this. I'm sure Ainge sniffed this out otherwise why would he send Stevens to chat with his high school counselor about any learning disabilities? You'll notice that I haven't called Simmons, Embiid, or anyone else on their roster dumb. It isn't a Sixers/Celtics thing. I just comment on what I observe.

I also consider the 76ers to be the worst run organization in the NBA and have an extra bit of joy when they fail. Regarding Fultz, one of two things happened:

1) He was never injured and changed his shot to correct the mistakes in it and therefore made it worse. The detail of involvement from the 76ers in this circumstance is laughable. How can anyone possibly believe that their #1 pick and most important development target went under the radar for weeks/months while changing his shot and not one person noticed or commented on why he's doing it.

2) He's injured and the 76ers, again, didn't notice their prized posession was injured, and in fact went on the record to say that is is NOT injured... not that they didn't know of it.. that he was ruled 100% healthy. A few days later they changed their story and he has been out for months now. He comes back and his shot is STILL terrible (so it wasn't the injury, was it?).

How can anyone respect or give an organization like this the benefit of the doubt? There is absolutely no world that describes what happens and doesn't make either Fultz or the 76ers look completely incompetent other than: Markelle Fultz has a mental problem. He is not able to compete in the NBA due to anxiety or some other performance related disorder.

Finally, after reading throw the 76ers fans gloating over how they robbed us and how they have this narrative that we are only a good team because we robbed the Nets, I personally think that it feels great now that they are realizing that we robbed them as well? It's similar to that 10 page thread in which the Cavs fans realized that the trade sucks. Why is it ok that they're suffering but not the Sixers fans who are orders of magnitude worse?

Agreed with your explanation so you get a TP. As for the counselor, I'm pretty sure Ainge and Stevens were doing due diligence. They seem to do the same for most players and Smart got a similar treatment from what I remember. As for learning disabilities, I don't think Fultz has one. Even though 3.4 GPA is nothing impressive, for any student athlete and in a school ranked as well as GWU, I would disagree and say he isn't stupid. And that you cannot prove that, because you have absolutely no knowledge of his life or even first-hand experience. Say whatever you want, but I'll leave that as is.

We won the trade but I think the 76ers are just a terrible organization. They clearly don't know how to run things and it's sad.
fultz went to UW, ewe dub, the university of washington. i know since that is my alma mater.  ;D

but if its any consolation, UW is better than GWU, so your basic point is valid.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:03:57 AM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 07:22:42 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
New video today from sixers practice and commentary from coach

http://www.phillyvoice.com/markelle-fultzs-shot-looks-and-sounds-huge-concern/

Vids
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/952607076483780609
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/952607989432815619

Shot looks very bad. 3rd grader push shot. They're literally trying to teach him how to shoot and play basketball and its not working... Baffling  and alarming situation especially for a #1 pick

From an observer:

"If it were a case of Fultz front-rimming or back-rimming shots, it would be a little easier to give him the benefit of the doubt. But his shots were all over the place, caroming off the backboard, side-rim, or missing the basket completely. Even when his form was a little smoother, those qualifiers remained in place."

Wow. That kid is mentally broken. Not just the horrendous shot but the body language after missing. Broken.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 07:58:12 PM »

Offline Kevins Gamble

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Can anyone remember a weirder story for a #1 pick than this?  I mean, the Oden stuff was pretty crazy, but it's not unheard of for someone to get hurt right out of the gate.  This whole: "he forgot how to shoot, so we need to reteach it" stuff is pretty weird...like there is a whole other (worse) story laying barely under the surface here.
"AAAAAHAHAAAAHHAAA....take that with your beard....AAAAHHHHAAHHHAAHHAAH..YAAAHHHAHAHAH!!!"
- Cedric Maxwell, Esq

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 08:37:33 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Can anyone remember a weirder story for a #1 pick than this?  I mean, the Oden stuff was pretty crazy, but it's not unheard of for someone to get hurt right out of the gate.  This whole: "he forgot how to shoot, so we need to reteach it" stuff is pretty weird...like there is a whole other (worse) story laying barely under the surface here.

No this is far more odd than a #1 having injury red flags or not being able to play due to being hurt.

There is a chance that he has swindled the sixers out of 20 or 30 million dollars.

Delectably odd. Its on them to do their research though. Danny did his and didn't want a bar of Fultz.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2018, 09:32:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I certainly cannot readily recall a situation more bizarre than what is going on here with Fultz.

But it is not the least bit surprising it happened to the Sixers.

Re: Sixers fans showing remorse over Fultz Tatum tradeter
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 09:34:52 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
It’s scary how bad that hitch is. Literally looks like Barkley’s golf swing in basketball form

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 09:39:34 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Here we go again , another 25-26 year old rookie ......they will psych analyze him,   retrain him for 5 years,  reinvent new problems for him yearly or every six months .....introduce him when he is 24-25 years old as a stunning rookie.  ....see how smart we were attitude .......these guys that needed 3-4 years should not be called rookies .....Tatum is a Rookie ......players are old men by the time Philly gets around tomusing them

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2018, 09:54:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Here we go again , another 25-26 year old rookie ......they will psych analyze him,   retrain him for 5 years,  reinvent new problems for him yearly or every six months .....introduce him when he is 24-25 years old as a stunning rookie.  ....see how smart we were attitude .......these guys that needed 3-4 years should not be called rookies .....Tatum is a Rookie ......players are old men by the time Philly gets around tomusing them
haha

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 10:32:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
You must have a hidden agenda against Markelle.

Not really hidden, but yes I do. I'm a simple man. I see a player playing on a team other than the Celtics and short of personal injury, I wish them the absolute worst. I want them to crash and burn. I want the Celtics to win the next 50 years in a row. I also have a not so hidden agenda against LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and everyone else in the league not on the Celtics roster. In fact, for the all star voting, I voted for all Celtics players aside from Giannis, and that was strictly because I didn't want LeBron leading the conference. Call me a homer or whatever, but I cannot enjoy another team's success.

As far as Markelle goes, he is obviously as dumb as bricks. I've shown two examples of that and there are a handful of other videos on youtube that demonstrate this. I'm sure Ainge sniffed this out otherwise why would he send Stevens to chat with his high school counselor about any learning disabilities? You'll notice that I haven't called Simmons, Embiid, or anyone else on their roster dumb. It isn't a Sixers/Celtics thing. I just comment on what I observe.

I also consider the 76ers to be the worst run organization in the NBA and have an extra bit of joy when they fail. Regarding Fultz, one of two things happened:

1) He was never injured and changed his shot to correct the mistakes in it and therefore made it worse. The detail of involvement from the 76ers in this circumstance is laughable. How can anyone possibly believe that their #1 pick and most important development target went under the radar for weeks/months while changing his shot and not one person noticed or commented on why he's doing it.

2) He's injured and the 76ers, again, didn't notice their prized posession was injured, and in fact went on the record to say that is is NOT injured... not that they didn't know of it.. that he was ruled 100% healthy. A few days later they changed their story and he has been out for months now. He comes back and his shot is STILL terrible (so it wasn't the injury, was it?).

How can anyone respect or give an organization like this the benefit of the doubt? There is absolutely no world that describes what happens and doesn't make either Fultz or the 76ers look completely incompetent other than: Markelle Fultz has a mental problem. He is not able to compete in the NBA due to anxiety or some other performance related disorder.

Finally, after reading throw the 76ers fans gloating over how they robbed us and how they have this narrative that we are only a good team because we robbed the Nets, I personally think that it feels great now that they are realizing that we robbed them as well? It's similar to that 10 page thread in which the Cavs fans realized that the trade sucks. Why is it ok that they're suffering but not the Sixers fans who are orders of magnitude worse?

Agreed with your explanation so you get a TP. As for the counselor, I'm pretty sure Ainge and Stevens were doing due diligence. They seem to do the same for most players and Smart got a similar treatment from what I remember. As for learning disabilities, I don't think Fultz has one. Even though 3.4 GPA is nothing impressive, for any student athlete and in a school ranked as well as GWU, I would disagree and say he isn't stupid. And that you cannot prove that, because you have absolutely no knowledge of his life or even first-hand experience. Say whatever you want, but I'll leave that as is.

We won the trade but I think the 76ers are just a terrible organization. They clearly don't know how to run things and it's sad.
fultz went to WU, ewe dub, the university of washington. i know since that is my alma mater.  ;D

but if its any consolation, UW is better than GWU, so your basic point is valid.

That's what I meant haha thanks.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 10:53:17 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Those videos are really indicative of a confidence issue.  His mental toughness was the one question coming out of college, and it seems like a legitimate one.  He's talented enough that I'm sure he will be a fine NBA player with time, but I honestly feel bad for him right now.   
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:07:26 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 01:05:43 AM »

Offline ayer

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Those videos are really indicative of a confidence issue.  His mental toughness was the one question coming out of college, and it seems like a legitimate one.  He's talented enough that I'm sure he will be a fine NBA player with time, but I honestly feel bad for him right now.
I hope late bloomer, who knows???