Author Topic: Sixers fans showing remorse over Fultz Tatum trade  (Read 5136 times)

Sixers fans showing remorse over Fultz Tatum trade
« on: January 14, 2018, 09:14:20 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

Re: Sixers fans showing remorse over Fultz Tatum trade
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 09:26:17 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
You must have a hidden agenda against Markelle.

To me, he still exhibits signs of not being recovered fully, and not harnessing the shooting motion that he has been so used to doing so in the past. Clearly, he's not even fully extending and jumping to gain full momentum.on his jump shots, which leads me to believe he still needs more time for rest, the 76ers medical staff is really daft, or Fultz is doomed after all.

Regardless, I still think Fultz has sky high potential. Point guards take the longest to develop, and Ball despite his numerous criticism and busts 'claims,' is like Fultz only 19, with plenty of room to develop and avoid the naysayers.

Ainge definitely fleeced the 76ers though. Crazy that he not only saved money, he managed to get a pick out of it lol.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:39:49 AM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 10:08:36 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He showed his hand in that thread awhile back where he tried to use an Instagram post as proof that Markelle had a learning disability. I don't get these posters that form these weird grudges against players they've never met. Seems a bit obsessive and unhealthy.

With that said, let's see what Markelle does when he's actually back in a game or two before we write off his entire career.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 10:28:12 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

He showed his hand in that thread awhile back where he tried to use an Instagram post as proof that Markelle had a learning disability. I don't get these posters that form these weird grudges against players they've never met. Seems a bit obsessive and unhealthy.

With that said, let's see what Markelle does when he's actually back in a game or two before we write off his entire career.

You're clearly baiting people here.  Congrats on rules not applying to you, again. 

Seems odd that you take enjoyment in throwing shade at internet posters you will never meet -- a bit obsessive and unhealthy, even.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:59:23 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
i believe there are already 3 or more threads on fultz - the draft pick, the shooting, the health, etc.

maybe the OP could bump one of those to provide context on what has already been said. and maybe even a tad more civility.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 11:17:54 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

You're clearly baiting people here.  Congrats on rules not applying to you, again. 

Seems odd that you take enjoyment in throwing shade at internet posters you will never meet -- a bit obsessive and unhealthy, even.

Yes, I'm baiting you in a thread you hadn't posted in and that I didn't know you were going to read. If you feel like I'm throwing shade at you, that's your own trauma. And no, that's not a personal attack. Personal dislike doesn't invalidate a player's success or talent. Markelle was widely considered the #1 overall pick and there wasn't much debate about it. He wasn't a controversial pick like an Anthony Bennett or Kwame Brown. Sorry if I'm not willing to throw dirt on a 19 year old's grave because he's struggling a bit and I'm likewise as a sorry that I'm not willing to label him as mentally challenged because of those struggles. As recently as Summer League, he showed promise. Why rush to judgement on a 19 year old?

For the record your post is what a "personal attack" looks like. No comments about the post at hand, just a hit post against me.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 12:36:41 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Knock off the personal insults/attacks or the thread is getting locked and there could be personal consequences
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 01:04:54 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Its not like these players are intentionally trying to annoy us, like these posters do.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 01:50:19 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

Not really hidden, but yes I do. I'm a simple man. I see a player playing on a team other than the Celtics and short of personal injury, I wish them the absolute worst. I want them to crash and burn. I want the Celtics to win the next 50 years in a row. I also have a not so hidden agenda against LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and everyone else in the league not on the Celtics roster. In fact, for the all star voting, I voted for all Celtics players aside from Giannis, and that was strictly because I didn't want LeBron leading the conference. Call me a homer or whatever, but I cannot enjoy another team's success.

As far as Markelle goes, he is obviously as dumb as bricks. I've shown two examples of that and there are a handful of other videos on youtube that demonstrate this. I'm sure Ainge sniffed this out otherwise why would he send Stevens to chat with his high school counselor about any learning disabilities? You'll notice that I haven't called Simmons, Embiid, or anyone else on their roster dumb. It isn't a Sixers/Celtics thing. I just comment on what I observe.

I also consider the 76ers to be the worst run organization in the NBA and have an extra bit of joy when they fail. Regarding Fultz, one of two things happened:

1) He was never injured and changed his shot to correct the mistakes in it and therefore made it worse. The detail of involvement from the 76ers in this circumstance is laughable. How can anyone possibly believe that their #1 pick and most important development target went under the radar for weeks/months while changing his shot and not one person noticed or commented on why he's doing it.

2) He's injured and the 76ers, again, didn't notice their prized posession was injured, and in fact went on the record to say that is is NOT injured... not that they didn't know of it.. that he was ruled 100% healthy. A few days later they changed their story and he has been out for months now. He comes back and his shot is STILL terrible (so it wasn't the injury, was it?).

How can anyone respect or give an organization like this the benefit of the doubt? There is absolutely no world that describes what happens and doesn't make either Fultz or the 76ers look completely incompetent other than: Markelle Fultz has a mental problem. He is not able to compete in the NBA due to anxiety or some other performance related disorder.

Finally, after reading throw the 76ers fans gloating over how they robbed us and how they have this narrative that we are only a good team because we robbed the Nets, I personally think that it feels great now that they are realizing that we robbed them as well? It's similar to that 10 page thread in which the Cavs fans realized that the trade sucks. Why is it ok that they're suffering but not the Sixers fans who are orders of magnitude worse?

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 02:58:25 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
^^^^ Great post, TP.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 03:15:16 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Not really hidden, but yes I do. I'm a simple man. I see a player playing on a team other than the Celtics and short of personal injury, I wish them the absolute worst. I want them to crash and burn. I want the Celtics to win the next 50 years in a row. I also have a not so hidden agenda against LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and everyone else in the league not on the Celtics roster. In fact, for the all star voting, I voted for all Celtics players aside from Giannis, and that was strictly because I didn't want LeBron leading the conference. Call me a homer or whatever, but I cannot enjoy another team's success.

As far as Markelle goes, he is obviously as dumb as bricks. I've shown two examples of that and there are a handful of other videos on youtube that demonstrate this. I'm sure Ainge sniffed this out otherwise why would he send Stevens to chat with his high school counselor about any learning disabilities? You'll notice that I haven't called Simmons, Embiid, or anyone else on their roster dumb. It isn't a Sixers/Celtics thing. I just comment on what I observe.

I also consider the 76ers to be the worst run organization in the NBA and have an extra bit of joy when they fail. Regarding Fultz, one of two things happened:

1) He was never injured and changed his shot to correct the mistakes in it and therefore made it worse. The detail of involvement from the 76ers in this circumstance is laughable. How can anyone possibly believe that their #1 pick and most important development target went under the radar for weeks/months while changing his shot and not one person noticed or commented on why he's doing it.

2) He's injured and the 76ers, again, didn't notice their prized posession was injured, and in fact went on the record to say that is is NOT injured... not that they didn't know of it.. that he was ruled 100% healthy. A few days later they changed their story and he has been out for months now. He comes back and his shot is STILL terrible (so it wasn't the injury, was it?).

How can anyone respect or give an organization like this the benefit of the doubt? There is absolutely no world that describes what happens and doesn't make either Fultz or the 76ers look completely incompetent other than: Markelle Fultz has a mental problem. He is not able to compete in the NBA due to anxiety or some other performance related disorder.

Finally, after reading throw the 76ers fans gloating over how they robbed us and how they have this narrative that we are only a good team because we robbed the Nets, I personally think that it feels great now that they are realizing that we robbed them as well? It's similar to that 10 page thread in which the Cavs fans realized that the trade sucks. Why is it ok that they're suffering but not the Sixers fans who are orders of magnitude worse?

Love this.

For all you Sixer trolls out there, Danny basically Omarred your Avon butt. LOL

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 03:16:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Agree with everything here except coming to the conclusion that Fultz is dumb. There probably video out there or social media posts showing tons of athletes doing something that makes them look stupid.

I mean Fultz could be unintelligent but I am not ready to jump to that conclusion right now.

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 04:35:42 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Agreed with your explanation so you get a TP. As for the counselor, I'm pretty sure Ainge and Stevens were doing due diligence. They seem to do the same for most players and Smart got a similar treatment from what I remember. As for learning disabilities, I don't think Fultz has one. Even though 3.4 GPA is nothing impressive, for any student athlete and in a school ranked as well as GWU, I would disagree and say he isn't stupid. And that you cannot prove that, because you have absolutely no knowledge of his life or even first-hand experience. Say whatever you want, but I'll leave that as is.

We won the trade but I think the 76ers are just a terrible organization. They clearly don't know how to run things and it's sad.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 05:32:53 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

To me, he still exhibits signs of not being recovered fully, and not harnessing the shooting motion that he has been so used to doing so in the past. Clearly, he's not even fully extending and jumping to gain full momentum.on his jump shots, which leads me to believe he still needs more time for rest, the 76ers medical staff is really daft, or Fultz is doomed after all.

Regardless, I still think Fultz has sky high potential. Point guards take the longest to develop, and Ball despite his numerous criticism and busts 'claims,' is like Fultz only 19, with plenty of room to develop and avoid the naysayers.

Ainge definitely fleeced the 76ers though. Crazy that he not only saved money, he managed to get a pick out of it lol.

I get giving him the benefit of the doubt, but at what point does his new motion due to his muscular imbalance become muscle memory?

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 06:09:40 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Agree with everything here except coming to the conclusion that Fultz is dumb. There probably video out there or social media posts showing tons of athletes doing something that makes them look stupid.

I mean Fultz could be unintelligent but I am not ready to jump to that conclusion right now.

One day with some of his social feeds and you realize he's not the brightest spark.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?