Author Topic: Jayson Tatum Is Now a Father  (Read 25354 times)

Re: Jayson Tatum is now a father.
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2018, 12:00:18 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd4JBerg9Ig/

Slightly odd circumstances considering his current girlfriend isn't the mother of his child.
Where are you getting this?

https://twitter.com/celticstea/status/949096431197016065

Twitter story including an instagram from his current girlfriend for background.

It was all a bit awkward and hush hush to start.

you gossip like an old woman

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2018, 12:37:09 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
He's a millionaire now. I don't think supporting a family will be hard for him, even at his young age.

I'm sure he and his kid will be fine. It was just odd.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2018, 04:46:35 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
OH MY !!!!  What a beautiful baby !! And isn't it wonderful that the mother, whoever she is, lives nearby ??? OH MY !! OH MY !! OH MY !!

So many PC comments - I am actually fairly liberal when it comes to social issues, but the reality is that the casual way people have children these days and the breakdown of a structured family are huge contributors to our great country's current state of decay.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2018, 05:01:17 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
OH MY !!!!  What a beautiful baby !! And isn't it wonderful that the mother, whoever she is, lives nearby ??? OH MY !! OH MY !! OH MY !!

So many PC comments - I am actually fairly liberal when it comes to social issues, but the reality is that the casual way people have children these days and the breakdown of a structured family are huge contributors to our great country's current state of decay.

I am with you in general.  I'm on the liberal side too, but am deeply in favor of people being old enough to parent before they actually parent.   Structured family has multiple potential constructs (imo) but the idea that the family be led by stable, mature adults is pretty important to provide the best likelihood of healthy child development.  That said, economic stress is also a risk factor that Tatum's family shouldn't have to endure.  There are many exceptions, but generally speaking 19 is too young to be a parent in today's world. It's an opinion, but there is a great deal of data that support better outcomes when parents are older and family systems are stable.  Though these are certainly not the only important variables.  I am a big fan of birth control.

Re: "PC" comments, I sure wish that term was never coined.  I think people's opinions should be argued on their merit and not lumped and marginalized as a "type" of comment.  No offense -- I get what you mean, I just really see the term as a way to disparage and dismiss.  The rest of your post makes the argument though.   

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 05:09:48 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

FYI the teen pregnancy rate is about half what it was 25 years ago. God bless cell phones and video games.

Congrats to Tatum, hope he does right by his child regardless of his situation.

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2018, 05:24:21 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

FYI the teen pregnancy rate is about half what it was 25 years ago. God bless cell phones and video games.

Congrats to Tatum, hope he does right by his child regardless of his situation.
Likewise, the divorce rate is also half of what it was 25 years ago (although, in fairness, so is the marriage rate). But it's worth pointing out that the proportion of families with children that are married has stayed largely the same over the past 15 or so years (~68% in 2001, ~70% in 2016, per US Census). The number of single parents has stayed approximately the same over this period (~11 million). So news of the American family decline seems largely overstated.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 12:05:43 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

I actually don't care for the term either.  However, what bothers me about such comments is people's obsession with saying whatever they can to never offend anyone, no matter what their actions may be.

Not suggesting Tatum is some bad guy. I don't know the details of this situation. Let's hope he is as mature off the court as he is on the court.

I am with you in general.  I'm on the liberal side too, but am deeply in favor of people being old enough to parent before they actually parent.   Structured family has multiple potential constructs (imo) but the idea that the family be led by stable, mature adults is pretty important to provide the best likelihood of healthy child development.  That said, economic stress is also a risk factor that Tatum's family shouldn't have to endure.  There are many exceptions, but generally speaking 19 is too young to be a parent in today's world. It's an opinion, but there is a great deal of data that support better outcomes when parents are older and family systems are stable.  Though these are certainly not the only important variables.  I am a big fan of birth control.

Re: "PC" comments, I sure wish that term was never coined.  I think people's opinions should be argued on their merit and not lumped and marginalized as a "type" of comment.  No offense -- I get what you mean, I just really see the term as a way to disparage and dismiss.  The rest of your post makes the argument though.   
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2018, 03:05:17 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Probably not related but he has simply been really bad since he has become a daddy

#justsaying #stillbelieving

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2018, 06:38:26 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Probably not related but he has simply been really bad since he has become a daddy

Changing nappies all the time perhaps?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

probably is related.

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

He had the kid in December.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He is too young for this

Also reading that he has two gfs?

Cmon Tatum

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2018, 06:29:36 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd4JBerg9Ig/

Slightly odd circumstances considering his current girlfriend isn't the mother of his child.

Not really.  Tom Brady's first child was not by his current wife.

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2018, 07:42:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I’m not sure his plan was to have a child at 19 years old, but congrats to him. Having children is really rewarding.
They could conceivably play together some day!

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2018, 08:01:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I’m not sure his plan was to have a child at 19 years old, but congrats to him. Having children is really rewarding.
They could conceivably play together some day!
I was thinking this the other day. Tatum can be our 38 y/o Dirk-esque player and Tatum the younger can reignite his spark.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)