Author Topic: Kyrie on J.J. Redick Podcast  (Read 4661 times)

Re: Kyrie on J.J. Redick Podcast
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2018, 07:47:08 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
A lot of people believe in meditative enlightenment, expanding of your imagination to affect your reality and the existence of alternate realities and higher realms. I am more of a science based thinking but that doesn't necessarily make me right or them right. Kyrie is different. Nothing wrong with that

My guess is that you don't believe they are, but just to clarify, these are not mutually exclusive viewpoints. There is some fascinating work being done in quantum field theory that suggests that maybe the existence of alternate realities and dimensions isn't as crazy as we have been taught!

I would also say the ways being discussed are not so simple to speak of because some of the things are internal and mental.  They are in the mind of the individual.  Meditation is about achieving certain goals within the mind for example (achieving Nirvana for some in the classic sense).  I do meditate myself as Kyrie does.  For me it is about quieting my mind, which creates a mental discipline and calm I can feel the rest of the day, but visualization and other things are possible.  I only do it in a limited form but even for me it has big effects that help be a lot and are noticeable.  Briefly after a good session I feel under the influence in a way, that's the only way I can describe it. 

It's a skill like you might go to the gym to work on.

Anyways it is a spiritual thing to some as well (which is not an aspect I share, but respect) but I also would say it gets into such difficult and complex ideas that yes, it isn't exclusive at all. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 08:29:44 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford