Author Topic: Coach Lue calls out a Cavs player (IT?) : "get rid of agendas if guys have it”  (Read 6554 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
So, no one on the team has a clue regarding which guys (plural) he is talking about, but it’s all on IT?
Exactly. It's like people forget there were locker room issues in Cleveland this year before Thomas even returned to the floor. This is something that has been going on since October.
I have to agree. Jumping to the conclusion that after just three games IT is the one person that Lue is talking about is unfair to IT and probably wrong. Isaiah hasn't even had time to acclimate himself to the team in game situations yet.

I can't believe that no one is discussing Thompson, Wade, Smith, or even Lebron.

I don't see where the "agenda" narrative would come from with those guys, though. With IT there's a clear "agenda" that can be pinpointed, but what would that mean for the other guys? This is especially true given the context of Lue's quote talking about sharing the basketball offensively, which is in line with what IT's "agenda" would be.

The only other guy that I could see Lue targeting directly would be Lebron, given the report from Vardon regarding the team being unhappy with Lebron potentially being selfish with his passes. However, given their relationship it's hard for me to see Lue targeting Lebron via the media in that manner, even implicitly.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Cavs are crushing the Pacers right now. Looks like they responded to Lue's comments well.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I still fear them in the playoffs because they have a history of pulling it together in playoff runs.   That being said, I hope they fail in that endeavor because I am a Celtic Fan.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So, no one on the team has a clue regarding which guys (plural) he is talking about, but it’s all on IT?
Exactly. It's like people forget there were locker room issues in Cleveland this year before Thomas even returned to the floor. This is something that has been going on since October.
I have to agree. Jumping to the conclusion that after just three games IT is the one person that Lue is talking about is unfair to IT and probably wrong. Isaiah hasn't even had time to acclimate himself to the team in game situations yet.

I can't believe that no one is discussing Thompson, Wade, Smith, or even Lebron.

I don't see where the "agenda" narrative would come from with those guys, though. With IT there's a clear "agenda" that can be pinpointed, but what would that mean for the other guys? This is especially true given the context of Lue's quote talking about sharing the basketball offensively, which is in line with what IT's "agenda" would be.

The only other guy that I could see Lue targeting directly would be Lebron, given the report from Vardon regarding the team being unhappy with Lebron potentially being selfish with his passes. However, given their relationship it's hard for me to see Lue targeting Lebron via the media in that manner, even implicitly.

And yet, Shams Charania says that the Cavs want IT to shoot more, not less, and that they’re happy with his progress.

Around the Cavaliers, there are no worries: Thomas will find his way, but must continue to be aggressive. There had been moments he passed when teammates expected him to shoot, almost second-guessing his shot selection rather than sticking to his gut and true game.

So, IT’s “agenda” seems to be a CelticsBlog driven narrative, not a real one.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:01:16 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

And yet, Shams Charania says that the Cavs want IT to shoot more, not less, and that they’re happy with his progress.

Around the Cavaliers, there are no worries: Thomas will find his way, but must continue to be aggressive. There had been moments he passed when teammates expected him to shoot, almost second-guessing his shot selection rather than sticking to his gut and true game.

So, IT’s “agenda” seems to be a CelticsBlog driven narrative, not a real one.

So, you're telling me that a team is putting out a positive spin on a new, All-Star level player that they are just now working into the rotation mid-season after a significant injury, all while trying to keep one of the best players in the generation here next summer? This is unprecedented!  ;)

I mean, what else are they supposed to say: "Naw, IT needs to shoot less (because he brings to the table so much more from a basketball perspective), and we're not happy with his progress!"

And regardless of whether you want to believe it, IT's "agenda" has been clear for the last year or so with his constant discussion of Brinks trucks, getting paid, and his next contract. It's also a big reason why he's now in Cleveland rather than in Boston. He's quite simply the most obvious candidate to apply to the "agenda" narrative.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Cavs are crushing the Pacers right now. Looks like they responded to Lue's comments well.

LOL you were saying??   :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
IT won't like us anymore if he reads this thread ,....LOL

TP   to OP ......great topic.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

poor Lewhine .....just head for LA .....get out of our hair  ;D

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Peeking at Cavs blog .   Their fans seem pretty sure Lue was talking about LeWhine with the agenda.

Apparently Lue wants Lebron to speed the team up .....more ball movement ......not kill the offense by doing a Rondo like game of pounding  the ball until an assist opens up.   Other words ...Lebron move the ball ,  quit holding it so long .   It seems Lue has the stats to show the past few games Le ron has slowed the ball down alot ......because he is old and his teamates are old ?    He is not listening to his coach ....sooooo whats new there ?  Nobody wants to coach him. 

I see nobody on Cavs forums supporting the IT agenda theory .   They are laying the blame square on Lebron......you know ...the guy doing all the whining and crying tantrum thing in the timeout clip.  LOl

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Peeking at Cavs blog .   Their fans seem pretty sure Lue was talking about LeWhine with the agenda.

Apparently Lue wants Lebron to speed the team up .....more ball movement ......not kill the offense by doing a Rondo like game of bluncimg the ball until an assist opens up.   Other words ...Lebron move the ball ,  quit holding it so long .   It seems Lue has the stats to show the past few games Le ron has slowed the ball down alot ......because he is old and his teamates are old ?   

I see nobody on Cavs forums supporting the IT agenda theory .   They are laying the blame square on Lebron......you know ...the guy doing all the whining and crying tantrum thing in the timeout clip.  LOl

Now the question is "Does Lue last till the ASG?"

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

One good quarter.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

One good quarter.
perhaps a bit more than that. let's celebrate!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Cavs blow 22 point lead and lose to the Pacers tonight.  Looks like Lance Stephenson has managed, once again, to get inside LeBron's head.  Amazing! 

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Anyone who surmises that Lue is referring to IT based on what was reported has an agenda.  Nothing about what we know would lead to that conclusion.

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Anyone who surmises that Lue is referring to IT based on what was reported has an agenda.  Nothing about what we know would lead to that conclusion.

I agree I don’t think it was targeted at LeBron. However, he should have emphasized that. Make a point that LeBron is leading the team and everyone should follow his lead. Love or hate him, the guy is a very smart basketball player. This team has come off the hinges. If they don’t right the ship, he’s gone. They will be stuck with the one pick from us and nothing else but bad contracts. They need to bend the knee to him.

Either that, or trade him. I assume he has a NTC, but find a place he wants to go and get something in return. Don’t rely on winning two lotteries in the next few years.
CELTICS 2024