Author Topic: Kyrie throwing shade at Lebron?  (Read 4067 times)

Re: Kyrie throwing shade at Lebron?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 09:19:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He should have tweeted the ...

Dang LeBron ,  " You mad bro?"      under the video ...LOL

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 08:14:49 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Until the team that is 36-5 in the East the last 3 seasons actual falters in the playoffs there is no reason to expect them to falter this season, especially given the significant regular season faltering during those last 3 seasons.

its not just regular season faltering though..... Their defense has been atrocious all year even when they were winning. They give up almost just as much as they score....that is not a winning formula and its not a case of something they can just "turn on" like seasons past where they were clearly the best team and just coasting. There is a problem there with that defense and its not getting better....IT getting healthy is not going to help that either.

maybe they still will make it out of the east, but it isnt going to be easy. Of the past years since Lebron came back this is the worst cavs team he has had.

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 04:43:49 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
its easy to look at past seasons and say the cavs will figure it out......BUT Cavs have never had this bad of a defense AND been in danger of being the #3/#4 seed in the playoffs.

They have been giving up this many points all year. so it doesnt seem to be something they can just fix.

Its one thing to be taking it easy and only have to go through an over-achieving Boston team to get to the finals....its quite another to take a team that gives up as much as it scores and win 2 series on the road to get to the finals.

Well said

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 06:57:31 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Until the team that is 36-5 in the East the last 3 seasons actual falters in the playoffs there is no reason to expect them to falter this season, especially given the significant regular season faltering during those last 3 seasons.
People don't see the picture, there is no meaning whatsoever for the Cavs(and all contenders) to "only win the east"
They are losers last season just as we were, get beat down 4-1 by their west opponent, (and played atrocious defense just like regular season)
and people are talking about coast through regular season like they are the defending champ. they aren't.

And there no hope at all for them to do it this year, whether it's the warriors or the team beat them

so yeah, the Cavs is in big trouble and Lebron should be worried, unless he already giveup

on the other hand we are aiming for the champ this year already and is only going to get better

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 07:13:41 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

This is pretty standard normalcy bias - a logical fallacy.

Just because one thing has occurred fairly systematically in the past with one group of players, does not mean its a certainty to happen again with significant changes to that set of players and their opposition.

Sure, they're probably still the favourite to win the east due to what LeBron has been like in the past, but this is the weakest LeBron Cavs roster he has had so far. They can't defend a chair. Don't blindly assume and talk down other outcomes.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 04:37:18 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Just because one thing has occurred fairly systematically in the past with one group of players, does not mean its a certainty to happen again with significant changes to that set of players and their opposition.

Sure, they're probably still the favourite to win the east due to what LeBron has been like in the past, but this is the weakest LeBron Cavs roster he has had so far. They can't defend a chair. Don't blindly assume and talk down other outcomes.
Sort of. But it's also true that since Lebron has returned to the Cavs, they've won between 51 and 57 games, had a mediocre-to-bad defense during the regular season and then rampaged through the East in the playoffs. While this is definitely the worst the defense has looked for them over that stretch, they're still on pace for the same 51 wins they had last year even though they've been without a competent starting PG for basically the entire season (and are still without one until IT gets right).

Maybe there's some normalcy bias but I think it would be smart to keep in mind that this team has a history of this kind of underwhelming regular season performances before we write them off.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2018, 06:31:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Sort of. But it's also true that since Lebron has returned to the Cavs, they've won between 51 and 57 games, had a mediocre-to-bad defense during the regular season and then rampaged through the East in the playoffs. While this is definitely the worst the defense has looked for them over that stretch, they're still on pace for the same 51 wins they had last year even though they've been without a competent starting PG for basically the entire season (and are still without one until IT gets right).

Maybe there's some normalcy bias but I think it would be smart to keep in mind that this team has a history of this kind of underwhelming regular season performances before we write them off.

All those teams all had Irving. Which is very very significant in a playoff game. Maybe IT can get to that level, but a lot of people on this board argued Irving was a better player even when he was on the cavs. I actually thought IT was better for
A bit but it was because of irvings defense being as bad as ITs (which is no longer true imo)

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 07:36:23 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

So you are saying until someone actually beats the Cavs in the east, there is no reason to expect them to lose in the east? Wow, that is a high standard especially when there have been changes to all rosters in the east just by the fact that everyone has grown a year older.

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 07:40:30 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The regular season only means so much but being so bad on defense for this long does matter.  Cavs don't look great.

As a C's fan, I still think it will be a very tough go on offense without a Hayward to help Kyrie get less of a defense's focus and it will ultimately be similar to past seasons.  Would like to be wrong but that's my expectations now.  The X factor is the defense, which if it THAT good can get them to the Finals at least from what I have seen from the Cavs.  Still a lot of season to go though.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2018, 09:30:09 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
At the start of the season,  I believed that the Cavs were the team to beat.  I thought Crowder and IT gave them depth at the expense of the better player (Irving), I thought they would get enough out of Rose and Wade, and of course there was still LeBron.

I still think a "big 3" of Bron, Love, and IT is pretty good but I have to admit that I am starting to have my doubts.  I now believe that the Cavs are beatable.  Irving may have been right.  LeBron is just not coachable and no one wants to play under the scenario.  Maybe they should bring in Phil Jackson.  He might just do it.

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 10:01:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Lebron teams have never been lower than the 2nd seed in a conference when getting through to the Finals. If they end up as the third seed or less that means having to go through both Boston and Toronto without home field advantage. With Lebron getting older and playing tons of regular season minutes, given he could be thinking about leaving after this season, if the Cavs fall behind in a series, I could see Lebron packing it in like he has a couple of othef times in the past.

Don't see Cleveland making it to the Finals this year. Different team. Different circumstances. And you can't expect future success in this year's playoffs based on past success in other years.

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 10:26:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Lebron teams have never been lower than the 2nd seed in a conference when getting through to the Finals. If they end up as the third seed or less that means having to go through both Boston and Toronto without home field advantage. With Lebron getting older and playing tons of regular season minutes, given he could be thinking about leaving after this season, if the Cavs fall behind in a series, I could see Lebron packing it in like he has a couple of othef times in the past.

Don't see Cleveland making it to the Finals this year. Different team. Different circumstances. And you can't expect future success in this year's playoffs based on past success in other years.

Very well said Nick. There is a big difference between being the second seed and 4th or 5th which is where they are headed. After tomorrow they could have the same record as Miami (essentially). Think about that.

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 02:53:20 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Lebron teams have never been lower than the 2nd seed in a conference when getting through to the Finals. If they end up as the third seed or less that means having to go through both Boston and Toronto without home field advantage. With Lebron getting older and playing tons of regular season minutes, given he could be thinking about leaving after this season, if the Cavs fall behind in a series, I could see Lebron packing it in like he has a couple of other times in the past.

Very well said Nick. There is a big difference between being the second seed and 4th or 5th which is where they are headed. After tomorrow they could have the same record as Miami (essentially). Think about that.
Another nice post Nick. TP.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."