Author Topic: Kyrie throwing shade at Lebron?  (Read 4066 times)

Kyrie throwing shade at Lebron?
« on: January 11, 2018, 10:26:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving evidently enjoyed watching former teammate LeBron James yell on the sideline during the Cleveland Cavaliers' game against the Toronto Raptors on Thursday.

In the first half of a contest that quickly became a blowout at Air Canada Centre, James yelled at what appeared to be an assistant coach in the huddle during a timeout. The Ballgod Instagram account shared a video of James' tirade, and Irving liked the post soon after.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Kyrie throwing shade at Lebron?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 12:24:22 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Meh, people over-analyze what "liking" something means.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 08:48:16 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Yelling at an assistant coach is not going to make your team better defenders, Lebron.
The league has figured out how to beat Cleveland.

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 08:59:34 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The league has figured out how to beat Cleveland.

In January. We’ll see where they are in April.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 09:00:10 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Kyrie is an masterful troller lol. I can tell he would be someone fun to hang around with, but eventually if there's someone on the team that's quasi-sensitive. They would roll their eyes and probably say, "you just like to troll everything you see huh Kyrie?"

"Dude, people still believe my world is flat theory, how can I not?..."

Wall would pop out of nowhere to eavesdrop in the conversation, "bro, still didn't answer my question though.. I still can't get no Kyrie's....?"
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 09:32:36 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
And he still thinks that Mecca-floor is a 50-years old... :laugh:

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 10:50:19 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
They gave up 133 points. The defense is getting worse and worse. What could be the problem?

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 10:58:49 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I seem to recall the Cavs entering the playoffs last year 11-15 in their last 26 including losing 4 straight and that is was in February, March, and April.  I remember the Cavs at 19-20 in mid-January, Lebron's 1st season back.

Until this team does in the playoffs, there is no reason to think they won't win the east. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 11:10:47 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Remember in 2010-11 when LeBron got on Twitter to gloat about the Cavs getting blown out by the Lakers? Seems like the same kind of thing. Competitive players are gonna take a bit of glee in their former team getting embarrassed.

Until this team does in the playoffs, there is no reason to think they won't win the east. 

Definitely.  Though possibly costing themselves homecourt against both Toronto and us hurts their chances.  But they're the kings of the East until they're not, and we won't find that out til May.

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 11:49:32 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:07:53 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Kyrie likes Instagram video of Lebron irate during blowout loss
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 03:37:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 05:11:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I seem to recall the Cavs entering the playoffs last year 11-15 in their last 26 including losing 4 straight and that is was in February, March, and April.  I remember the Cavs at 19-20 in mid-January, Lebron's 1st season back.

They are in real danger of falling into the 4th seed in the east. They have finished 1st or 2nd every year since Lebron has been there. Equating their past success has somehow being relevant to this year's team doesn't make a lot of sense. They have never had to play multiple series on the road before in the east either.

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 06:12:02 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Except for the inconvenient fact that this is a completely different context with a much improved Eastern Conference and substantially different (worse) Cavs team. Apples and oranges here, Moranis.

They are in real danger of falling into the 4th seed in the east. They have finished 1st or 2nd every year since Lebron has been there. Equating their past success has somehow being relevant to this year's team doesn't make a lot of sense. They have never had to play multiple series on the road before in the east either.

Bingo.

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 06:41:15 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
its easy to look at past seasons and say the cavs will figure it out......BUT Cavs have never had this bad of a defense AND been in danger of being the #3/#4 seed in the playoffs.

They have been giving up this many points all year. so it doesnt seem to be something they can just fix.

Its one thing to be taking it easy and only have to go through an over-achieving Boston team to get to the finals....its quite another to take a team that gives up as much as it scores and win 2 series on the road to get to the finals.

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 08:54:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Until the team that is 36-5 in the East the last 3 seasons actual falters in the playoffs there is no reason to expect them to falter this season, especially given the significant regular season faltering during those last 3 seasons.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip