Author Topic: Coach Lue calls out a Cavs player (IT?) : "get rid of agendas if guys have it”  (Read 6555 times)

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Anyone who surmises that Lue is referring to IT based on what was reported has an agenda.  Nothing about what we know would lead to that conclusion.

I agree I don’t think it was targeted at LeBron. However, he should have emphasized that. Make a point that LeBron is leading the team and everyone should follow his lead. Love or hate him, the guy is a very smart basketball player. This team has come off the hinges. If they don’t right the ship, he’s gone. They will be stuck with the one pick from us and nothing else but bad contracts. They need to bend the knee to him.

Either that, or trade him. I assume he has a NTC, but find a place he wants to go and get something in return. Don’t rely on winning two lotteries in the next few years.

I think lebron is gone anyways. Even if they make it out of the east, what happens? they will get murdered by Golden state with their defense the way it is this year...He will look for "friends" like paul george and see where he can best put together a team around him to win.

the cavs are just going the way of Miami Heat right before Lebron left. They are in the same position right now. He squeezed as much as he could out of that team..They straddle their team with poor contracts for ageing players to make lebron happy, can win for a 2-5 years. then have no flexibility to make any moves to improve their team and are doomed to lose in the finals. So lebron will leave for greener pastures and they will be stuck cleaning up the mess.

Irving saw the writing on the wall that he would be stuck with over-the hill players on big contracts on a team with no flexibility to improve or future after lebron bolts.

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

They straddle their team with poor contracts for ageing players to make lebron happy, can win for a 2-5 years. then have no flexibility to make any moves to improve their team and are doomed to lose in the finals. So lebron will leave for greener pastures and they will be stuck cleaning up the mess.

You make it look like that this strategy was a completely failure....... They made happy the guy who pretty much guarantees you ll make it to the finals

Three trips to the finals against one of the best teams ever and the first championship after 50-60 years is not a bad haul
If i were a Cav's fan i'd be ok with it

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

They straddle their team with poor contracts for ageing players to make lebron happy, can win for a 2-5 years. then have no flexibility to make any moves to improve their team and are doomed to lose in the finals. So lebron will leave for greener pastures and they will be stuck cleaning up the mess.

You make it look like that this strategy was a completely failure....... They made happy the guy who pretty much guarantees you ll make it to the finals

Three trips to the finals against one of the best teams ever and the first championship after 50-60 years is not a bad haul

Oh, not saying its a failure. Any time you can bring a championship home its a success because thats the main goal.

just saying where the Cavs are now is very similar to where Miami was in their last year. There is no way for them to drastically improve their team to move the needle against the warriors. I cant see Lebron staying to make it to the finals and get blown out every year.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Peeking at Cavs blogs ....this ^ seems to be the way they deal with their situation.  They seem to appreciate getting at least one title for Cleveland , but most that are realist admit the picture looks bleak for winning another and maybe keeping the pick is the best thing , rather than sacrificing it for Bron on "help" rent a player and can't beat GS and Lewhine leaves anyhow.

Basically ,  unless a miracle happens ,  their GM pulls a KD or Curry tupe player out his wahzoo ....the gig is up ......and LeMoney knows it .   He ll pack his family and move for sweeter pickings ..... ie..LA where the fans are starved for a star  and will pay a ransom to see him return them to greatness for a couple years .  Thank you Magic Johnson and his brother Lavar.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I agree I don’t think it was targeted at LeBron.

Not if he has any sense of job security.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Reports now say some Cav Players griping that Lebron is holding onto ball too much to pad his assist numbers.

He and IT are not mixing well together so far. IT standing around too much. I know he’s still recovering and will play better. Still, I am skeptical they will jell. Kyrie better suited off the ball, or to create his own shot if things breakdown. And look how hard he pushed to get out of Dodge.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Reports now say some Cav Players griping that Lebron is holding onto ball too much to pad his assist numbers.

He and IT are not mixing well together so far. IT standing around too much. I know he’s still recovering and will play better. Still, I am skeptical they will jell. Kyrie better suited off the ball, or to create his own shot if things breakdown. And look how hard he pushed to get out of Dodge.

This ^ .....  Lue wants them all to pass and share the ball more .....especially Lebron ......who has become a old Rondo pound the ball the past few games .  killing momentum