Author Topic: Trump uses expletive to describe countries that we have immigrants from  (Read 10125 times)

Re: Trump uses expletive to describe countries that we have immigrants from
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 08:12:47 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This doesnít really bother me. Itís a closed door meeting, and frankly, his question has some merit.

Are people really shocked and appalled to hear vulgarity?  Listen to a hot mic sometime. Politicians, celebrities, Joe Public... thereís not a lot of difference.
The vulgarity neither shocks me nor surprises me. Its how he did it insulting other countries. If he stuttered and said: Oh(word meaning crap). No big deal. If he is describing Obamacare and drops the f bomb. No biggie. But denigrating other countries(with mostly brown or black skinned people) is beneath the office of the president.

So essentially, Trump wants people who are more likely educated and producers, and your first instinct is to say that it's likely racist? Sort of impulsive isn't it? That word gets thrown around way too carelessly nowadays.
I never said racist but add the Muslim ban with comments about Mexicans being thieves and racists with his not coming down hard on the Neo-Nazis in Charlottesville and finally calling countries with mostly brown or black people crapholes while saying he wants more Norwegians(white people) coming into the country and its not a good look for a US president in the 21st century.

Almost like there is some kind of pattern as well.  Lets dance around it though and act like it's not obvious.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 08:14:23 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
So essentially, Trump wants people who are more likely educated and producers, and your first instinct is to say that it's likely racist? Sort of impulsive isn't it? That word gets thrown around way too carelessly nowadays.
LOL. Is that why he's grinding his axe for the H1B visa program? In case you wondered, it exclusively brings in people that are highly educated... but the problem is they're predominantly from India and China... oops.
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 08:16:25 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 131
  • Forever LIT
I'm a 2nd generation Haitian and I'm not surprised. It doesn't really offend me honestly, this is how many people view Haiti as a country. When I was a kid even other black kids used to make fun of Haitians. I was spared because I had "good hair" (meaning my hair is curly), I dressed well (I came from an upper-middle class family), and was never ashy ("Ashy Haitians" used to be the running joke back in my middle school).

As far as Trump goes, I'm surprised something like this hasn't come out sooner. I coulda told you what he thought of my family's country.

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 08:16:31 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1183
This doesnít really bother me. Itís a closed door meeting, and frankly, his question has some merit.

Are people really shocked and appalled to hear vulgarity?  Listen to a hot mic sometime. Politicians, celebrities, Joe Public... thereís not a lot of difference.
The vulgarity neither shocks me nor surprises me. Its how he did it insulting other countries. If he stuttered and said: Oh(word meaning crap). No big deal. If he is describing Obamacare and drops the f bomb. No biggie. But denigrating other countries(with mostly brown or black skinned people) is beneath the office of the president.

I never said racist but add the Muslim ban with comments about Mexicans being thieves and racists with his not coming down hard on the Neo-Nazis in Charlottesville and finally calling countries with mostly brown or black people crapholes while saying he wants more Norwegians(white people) coming into the country and its not a good look for a US president in the 21st century.

Almost like there is some kind of pattern as well.  Lets dance around it though and act like it's not obvious.

So I guess Obama was racist because he put those middle eastern/ North African countries on a list for terror threats? The same list Trump used ? Countries that don't have US embassies or centralized governments?  and can't properly vet who they are sending?

Muslims/Islam is not a race by the way.

What a racist....

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 08:18:02 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

So I guess Obama was racist because he put those middle eastern/ North African countries on a list for terror threats? The same list Trump used ? Countries that don't have US embassies or centralized governments?  and can't properly vet who they are sending?

What a racist....

Obama was racist and imperialist when it came to foreign policy, yes.  Like every modern president (Obama was also very bad in this area because he carried forth and even forward Bush's actions).

Trump is clearly racist on immigration.  It's blatant.  Again, lets dance around and act like it's not though and then now try to change the subject.

As far as the Muslim addition to your post, do you want me to break it down?  Here: he likes you less if you're brown.  I can name off countries one by one if it helps but that's the simpler way to put it.

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 08:23:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge

What a racist....

Obama was racist and imperialist when it came to foreign policy, yes.  Like every modern president (Obama was also very bad in this area).

Trump is clearly racist on immigration.  It's blatant.  Again, lets dance around and act like it's not though and then now try to change the subject.

As far as the Muslim addition to your post, do you want me to break it down?  Here: he likes you less if you're brown.  I can name off countries one by one if it helps but that's the simpler way to put it.

Yea radical Islam doesn't exist I guess? It's just cause they're brown....

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 08:27:39 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Yes, the travel ban is just about radical islam, the spat with Mexico is just about illegal border crossing, and the muscle flexing about Indian tech workers is just about jobs.

Let's see... Arabs, Mexicans, Indians... find the common trend.

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2018, 08:27:40 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

In Haiti?  Instead of posting to me, do some research on what you are talking about.  Mostly Catholic and Protestant.

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2018, 08:29:30 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge

In Haiti?  Instead of posting to me, do some research on what you are talking about.  Mostly Catholic and Protestant.

I was referring to the "Muslim ban" that another poster mentioned.

Stop trying to spin.

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2018, 08:30:55 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1187
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I rarely reply to these Trump things, but this takes the cake, I have to.

I don't care if you support him or not, there is NO defense for making statements like this.
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life."

- Red

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2018, 08:31:29 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

I was referring to the "Muslim ban" that another poster mentioned.

Stop trying to spin.

Answer about Haiti?  Why would you change the subject?  Why would he be against good trust able Christians?  Maybe it's because he's a blatant racist.

You're doing backflips to avoid it.  It's just funny, as I said above, to watch people do this kind of thing.

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2018, 08:31:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

By the way, you also need to add El Salvador to the list these days.

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2018, 08:31:49 PM »

Offline blink

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 382
I rarely reply to these Trump things, but this takes the cake, I have to.

I don't care if you support him or not, there is NO defense for making statements like this.

Thank you.  TP.

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2018, 08:32:35 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
Yes, the travel ban is just about radical islam, the spat with Mexico is just about illegal border crossing, and the muscle flexing about Indian tech workers is just about jobs.

Let's see... Arabs, Mexicans, Indians... find the common trend.

Low skilled workers undercutting our low skilled workers , while taking advantage of entitlements coming illegally  from Mexico.

If Canadians were coming in at the same numbers illegally,  I would say the same thing.

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2018, 08:32:48 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

By the way, you also need to add El Salvador to the list these days.

You're right.  It's hard to keep track of but nevertheless the thread is easy to pick up what the list entails.  With El Salvadorian family members, I should not forget that though.