Author Topic: Trump uses expletive to describe countries that we have immigrants from  (Read 9785 times)

Re: Trump uses expletive to describe countries that we have immigrants from
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2018, 07:21:41 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I just think itís strange people are using this issue to paint trump as a racist.  I donít think the comment has much to do with race
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2018, 07:24:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1038
So, why does he continue to make comments like this, Celticsforever?

I am not defending his comments.  I think Pres. Trump is a boorish human being.  He should never had said the blankhole countries comment.   

It could be he is racist but I do not know him it could be he has a colonial mindset it could be he is a jerk.  I think it could be he is all of the above to some extent but I don't know him.   He seems very narcissistic to me, though.  Right now all we can do is speculate and it does not look good.  He is embarrassing.  Could he be a white supremacist?   Basically, we have Archie Bunker as a president as I see.  He does seem certainly prejudiced to some extent.

YOU are former Military.

I am.  But what does that have to do with anything?   If anything I saw more racism in the military than anywhere else in my life.  In he 1/4 INF people fell into clicks and sometimes they clashed, of course we all did our duty but in all honesty it was not a racial utopia.   I thought we are all human beings on the side who bleed red blood but I can't say that people from all races shared that sentiment.

But when you continue to spread nonsense like no GOP has condemned him, I see you as part of the problem and not the solution.  Your literally part of the echo chamber reinforcing that view for others.

I just think itís strange people are using this issue to paint trump as a racist.  I donít think the comment has much to do with race

A statement I have heard on the radio is that if this is about the people it is racist.  If it is about the countries it is not racial.   I don't know if that is the case and it seems like a rationalization.   

Third World was a term that originated out of the Cold War to label a country not aligned with the Soviet Union or the USA.  Now it means a country that is lagging behind.  But people have called those parts of the world, third world countries for years.   Isn't that wrong, too, to some extent.   They exist in our world, isn't that a put down of sorts?   Granted it nothing like calling them a hole to put fecal matter in but it is still demeaning. 

The bottom line is certain jobs require a degree of modicum in regards to basic civility.  The Office of the President in one of those jobs.  Pres. Trump definitely seems to lack this civility.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:33:57 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2018, 07:32:45 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2422
I just think it’s strange people are using this issue to paint trump as a racist.  I don’t think the comment has much to do with race

I don't think ANYONE here is trying to paint President Trump as a racist.

"I" don't and NEVER have.

But he has exhibited a pattern of commentary that leads to extreme ignorance racially. And that is both depressing to ME and saddening.

1. "Good People on BOTH sides", in Charlottesville.

2. His comments to Steph Curry about he and GSW not attending the White House.

3. His back-and-forth with the Mayor of San Juan.

4. His constant (and tiring) efforts and questioning about Pres. Obama's birthplace.

5. His back-and-forth with the widow of the slain soldier.

6. Calling NFL players (whom the majority are BlacK) "SOB"s for rightfully protesting.

LOOK - I just stated on previous page of thread that if I (or my family) ever got the opportunity to meet President Trump I'm certain that he'd be a decent man and it would be a nice visit.

But WHY the comments from him? Why the pattern?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 08:06:31 AM by GreenFaith1819 »
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2018, 07:41:47 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
So, why does he continue to make comments like this, Celticsforever?

I am not defending his comments.  I think Pres. Trump is a boorish human being.  He should never had said the blankhole countries comment.   

It could be he is racist but I do not know him it could be he has a colonial mindset it could be he is a jerk.  I think it could be he is all of the above to some extent but I don't know him.   He seems very narcissistic to me, though.  Right now all we can do is speculate and it does not look good.  He is embarrassing.  Could he be a white supremacist?   Basically, we have Archie Bunker as a president as I see.  He does seem certainly prejudiced to some extent.

YOU are former Military.

I am.  But what does that have to do with anything?   If anything I saw more racism in the military than anywhere else in my life.  In he 1/4 INF people fell into clicks and sometimes they clashed, of course we all did our duty but in all honesty it was not a racial utopia.   I thought we are all human beings on the side who bleed red blood but I can't say that people from all races shared that sentiment.

But when you continue to spread nonsense like no GOP has condemned him, I see you as part of the problem and not the solution.  Your literally part of the echo chamber reinforcing that view for others.

A statement I have heard on the radio is that if this is about the people it is racist.  If it is about the countries it is not racial.   I don't know if that is the case and it seems like a rationalization.   

Third World was a term that originated out of the Cold War to label a country not aligned with the Soviet Union or the USA.  Now it means a country that is lagging behind.  But people have called those parts of the world, third world countries for years.   Isn't that wrong, too, to some extent.   They exist in our world, isn't that a put down of sorts?   Granted it nothing like calling them a hole to put fecal matter in but it is still demeaning. 

The bottom line is certain jobs require a degree of modicum in regards to basic civility.  The Office of the President in one of those jobs.  Pres. Trump definitely seems to lack this civility.

Well, I'm sorry that was your experience. While I saw racism in the ranks it was NOT to the degree that you state, at least from MY experience.

« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2018, 08:04:06 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

But he has exhibited a pattern of commentary that leads to extreme ignorance racially. And that is both depressing to ME and saddening.

4. His constant (and tiring) efforts and questioning about Pres. Obama's birthplace.

LOOK - I just stated on previous page of thread that if I (or my family) ever got the opportunity to meet President Trump I'm certain that he'd be a decent man and it would be a nice visit.

Your response has literally nothing to do with this issue, seems to be a pattern
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2018, 08:08:45 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey

Your response has literally nothing to do with this issue, seems to be a pattern

And THAT, is, unfortunately - the rub.

As a Black Man in America I see things differently from "MY" Perspective than others.

I am guessing you are WHITE.

"MY" perspective is NOT wrong but because YOU don't see it then YOU think it's wrong.

« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2018, 08:17:05 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Also noteworthy

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-tells-african-american-audience-gop-ticket-would-put-them-back-in-chains/

@joebiden Itís not how a president should speak. Itís not how a president should behave. Most of all, itís not what a president should believe. Weíre better than this.

« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2018, 08:21:01 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
Also noteworthy

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-tells-african-american-audience-gop-ticket-would-put-them-back-in-chains/

@joebiden Itís not how a president should speak. Itís not how a president should behave. Most of all, itís not what a president should believe. Weíre better than this.

You know - "MY" posts on here ARE related to what President Trump said a few days ago because, to ME - there is a pattern of it now.

« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2018, 08:24:03 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Also noteworthy

You know - "MY" posts on here ARE related to what President Trump said a few days ago because, to ME - there is a pattern of it now.

You have replied to several peoples posts with mostly nonsense completely unrelated to the original post and when they reply back and indulge you you move the goalposts. 

Enjoy the rest of your day

« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2018, 08:31:23 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27789
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

As a Black Man in America I see things differently from "MY" Perspective than others.

"MY" perspective is NOT wrong but because YOU don't see it then YOU think it's wrong.

And Rondoís perspective isnít wrong because you make assumptions about his race. Letís not be reductive here, assuming that race informs oneís opinion above all. Thatís a slippery slope into prejudice.  Feel free to share your own background, but please donít question or assume othersí.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2018, 08:39:43 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1342

I get that you don't think the comments have to do with race while others think they do.   The big social/political issue in America today (IMO) isn't that people disagree. That has always happened.  It's the degree to which people vilify, denigrate, marginalize the other side (I'm just making a point, not saying you are doing this).

You don't need to see Trump's comments as racially connected in order respect another person's perspective.   Even though I do think the comments are connected to race and align with a history of racial/gender/ethnic stereotyping from Trump's mouth, you and I probably agree that he isn't a White Supremacist or a racist.  Different points of view and common ground.  This is how previous Congresses overcame gridlock - finding common ground.  Today, we are fed a constant flurry of disdain for the left or right depending which  channel/station we watch/listen too.  Its gotten out of hand IMO.   With that said, regarding the inappropriateness of Trump's S-hole comments there has been much more universal agreement than usual.

« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2018, 08:42:45 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I get that you don't think the comments have to do with race while others think they do.   The big social/political issue in America today (IMO) isn't that people disagree. That has always happened.  It's the degree to which people vilify, denigrate, marginalize the other side (I'm just making a point, not saying you are doing this).

You don't need to see Trump's comments as racially connected in order respect another person's perspective.   Even though I do think the comments are connected to race and align with a history of racial/gender/ethnic stereotyping from Trump's mouth, you and I probably agree that he isn't a White Supremacist or a racist.  Different points of view and common ground.  This is how previous Congresses overcame gridlock - finding common ground.  Today, we are fed a constant flurry of disdain for the left or right depending which  channel/station we watch/listen too.  Its gotten out of hand IMO.   With that said, on this particular comment there has been much more universal agreement regarding the inappropriateness of the comments.

Pretty much, I think he is a dirtbag and the comments are generally ridiculous.  But to the point I made before I would say North Korea is a crap hole and South Korea is not

« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2018, 08:44:27 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey

And Rondoís perspective isnít wrong because you make assumptions about his race. Letís not be reductive here, assuming that race informs oneís opinion above all. Thatís a slippery slope into prejudice.  Feel free to share your own background, but please donít question or assume othersí.

I've shared my "Background" on here since 2009 and it's gotten me little - save for some Celtics cheering.

That is the sad and disappointing thing to me on CelticsBlog - the same place that looks up to Bill Russell.

« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2018, 08:48:24 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I've shared my "Background" on here since 2009 and it's gotten me little - save for some Celtics cheering.

That is the sad and disappointing thing to me on CelticsBlog - the same place that looks up to Bill Russell.

Goalpost moves yet again

« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2018, 08:49:14 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27789
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

Why should your race or background  ďget you anythingĒ more than anybody else, though?  People generally treat you respectfully, just like they do the majority of other posters.

For those who enjoy sharing their background, I think itís a great thing. At the same time, itís not a good thing to have posters openly making assumptions or stereotypes about others.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...