Author Topic: Trump uses expletive to describe countries that we have immigrants from  (Read 4884 times)

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 5204
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-‘****hole’-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/ar-AAuzqTo?li=BBnb7Kz

Unreal. This man disgraces the office he holds.

Also, apparently he wants more immigrants from Norway and less from the countries he insulted. Could it be most Norwegians are white?

Re: Trump uses expletive to describe countries that we have immigrants from
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 06:56:19 PM »

Online rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1079
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-‘****hole’-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/ar-AAuzqTo?li=BBnb7Kz

Also, apparently he wants more immigrants from Norway and less from the countries he insulted. Could it be most Norwegians are white?

Trump uses blunt language to describe 3rd world countries that provide low skilled workers. Instead he wants merit based immigration from other countries. Oh no....

Why don't you talk about the Clinton foundation stealing relief funds from Hati after the natural disaster?(among other things)

Hillary putting her brother in charge of gold mines in Hati?

Cry me a river....

Let me guess you're response,  "whataboutism "

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 07:01:50 PM »

Offline blink

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Just another vulgar racist comment from an already known racist.  Why are we even surprised at this point?  He has repeatedly hurt our country with these types of comments.

In the days leading up to Martin Luther King day and a day after the meeting to solve the DACA issue, it is just shockingly idiotic.  Trump doesn't really get what makes our country great.  He will never get it.  There will be a small % of white nationalists that are going to cheer this.  It does nothing except divide us as a country

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 07:05:00 PM »

Online rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
Just another vulgar racist comment from an already known racist.  Why are we even surprised at this point?  He has repeatedly hurt our country with these types of comments.

In the days leading up to Martin Luther King day and a day after the meeting to solve the DACA issue, it is just shockingly idiotic.  Trump doesn't really get what makes our country great.  He will never get it.  There will be a small % of white nationalists that are going to cheer this.  It does nothing except divide us as a country

And yet Dr kings niece , Dr Alveda King is a huge supporter of Trump.

Bye bye PC culture, nice knowing you.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 07:06:34 PM »

Offline blink

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

Who cares...even you, the biggest trump supporter can't defend this crap. 

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 07:09:47 PM »

Offline liam

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 539

Trump uses blunt language to describe 3rd world countries that provide low skilled workers. Instead he wants merit based immigration from other countries. Oh no....

Why don't you talk about the Clinton foundation stealing relief funds from Hati after the natural disaster?(among other things)

Hillary putting her brother in charge of gold mines in Hati?

Cry me a river....

Let me guess you're response,  "whataboutism "

What are you talking about? :o

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 07:10:27 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 778
Disgusting and offensive language.

The TPS that Trump is arguing against is by definition a protection for immigrants who are from countries in which deportation would be dangerous due to armed conflict or natural disaster or some other condition that makes reentry dangerous.

The one I read reference was El Salvador, which gained status as a TPS country in 2001. The administration wants all immigrants to either have a green card etc by 2019 or be deported. I think that is rather fair.

If temporary status lasts more than 18 years than I think we've reached the point where that country might just be a ****hole as abrasive as the language sounds.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 07:10:35 PM »

Online rondohondo

• Danny Ainge

And Obama tells Africans they can't have air conditioning and cars because of environmental concerns....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBE0RKbRbl4&app=desktop

Who's the one holding 3rd world countries down?

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 07:12:22 PM »

Offline liam

• Don Nelson

And Obama tells Africans they can't have air conditioning and cars because of environmental concerns....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBE0RKbRbl4&app=desktop

Who's the one holding 3rd world countries down?

Is it national gibberish day?

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 07:13:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 778

I dont really think this is necessarily racist.

The conversation is about protected status of immigrants from TPS countries. Effectively these countries are argued to be so dangerous that deportation isnt feasible. Trump has longed argued for merit-based immigration.

Now once again it seems Trump is taking a stance that helps white people and hurts minorities and with his background that is obviously going to raise some red flags, but correlation isnt always causation.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 07:16:18 PM »

Offline liam

• Don Nelson

I dont really think this is necessarily racist.

The conversation is about protected status of immigrants from TPS countries. Effectively these countries are argued to be so dangerous that deportation isnt feasible. Trump has longed argued for merit-based immigration.

Now once again it seems Trump is taking a stance that helps white people and hurts minorities and with his background that is obviously going to raise some red flags, but correlation isnt always causation.

He's just always talking and acting like a racist but that doesn't make him one? I'd would have to disagree.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 07:19:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27936
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
This doesn’t really bother me. It’s a closed door meeting, and frankly, his question has some merit.

Are people really shocked and appalled to hear vulgarity?  Listen to a hot mic sometime. Politicians, celebrities, Joe Public... there’s not a lot of difference.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 07:21:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 5204
Let's stay civil and on subject. This thread isn't about what Obama did or the Clinton Foundation.

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 07:21:40 PM »

Offline jackpercussion

• Terry Rozier
  • Tommy Points: 9
Wait until the F bombs that start flying in a month or so when a number of high figure democrats are arrested and charged with corruption.  Tick Tock Tick Tock.  It will be ironic when they start squealing about the corruption in Obam's cabinet in order to avoid getting a needle in the arm.  In the meantime, all of us Trump supports will be smiling about a booming economy, lowest unemployment in over 30 years, lowest number of people on food stamps and welfare, highest home ownership.  I can go on and on.   None of this would have happened if Clinton were in office.  It also has NOTHING to do with Obama.  8 year of nothing!!!!

By the way,  I teach in an inner city school in which 90% of our students received free or reduced lunch.  Where children live in shack like homes with no running water or electricity.  Where most children have only one or no parents because the parents are incarcerated, drug rehab or dead.  We had 3 murders within 1 block of our school last year.  One was a body left burned and unrecognizable outside a trash can across the street from the school.  You know what the democratic party has ever done for these people.  I will tell you what they say to me, "not a [dang] thing."  You want to know why Trump got elected?  It's because the democratic party has let me down.   I work in this environment and with these children.  I see first hand everyday the depression and anguish.  I try give the kids as much of my time as possible; sometimes more than my own children.  The only thing democrats want is a vote.  They will only help you if you vote for them.  Then once elected, you never see them again!!

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 07:21:51 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
Trump is correct.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.