Author Topic: The Boston Celtics Might Be Unprecedented  (Read 1708 times)

Re: The Boston Celtics Might Be Unprecedented
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 02:24:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
This is why you do not trade Tatum for Davis. You just dont mess with the future like that.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 04:21:08 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
 8)

At the end of next season, if Danny can figure out how to sign Smart and Kyrie to new contracts - he could already have his top 10 players under contract. Need Yabusele and Ojeleye to work out, but my goodness. Would rather get the Lakers pick this year because of all the bigs, instead of waiting on a future pick.

Kyrie   Rozier
Brown  Smart
Hayward  Ojeleye
Tatum  Yabusele
Horford   (Lakers pick)

Three reasons you don't trade Tatum/Pick for Davis:  1: Tatum could end up being really, really good.  2: Ayton/Bamba/Bagley could end up being really, really good.  3: Davis will cost so much in salary. Would be hard to pay Davis, Kyrie, Hayward, and sign Brown to a new contract in the future.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 04:33:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
considering the Thunder made the NBA Finals and I don't see this team making the NBA Finals (unless Lebron gets hurt), I think the best young team ever is not really in danger of being eclipsed by the Celtics.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 05:03:10 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
considering the Thunder made the NBA Finals and I don't see this team making the NBA Finals (unless Lebron gets hurt), I think the best young team ever is not really in danger of being eclipsed by the Celtics.

If Celtics get home court, which looks like they will.. I do not see how Cavs can be favored against them. I will call it a pick 'em at this point.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 05:20:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Can't ever count out LeBron in finals, but you seriously think this Cavs roster is better than last years? Yeah okay..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 05:39:23 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Can't ever count out LeBron in finals, but you seriously think this Cavs roster is better than last years? Yeah okay..
I agree with Moranis.  The thunder basically drafted a future MVP for three years in a row.  How can that be topped?

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 05:57:06 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I agree with Moranis.  The thunder basically drafted a future MVP for three years in a row.  How can that be topped?

I'm not disputing the talent, but the Thunder squandered big by literally not doing anything except making it to the Finals once. They have had an talented team but man oh man so many lost opportunities.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 06:03:09 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Let us just be honest. Tatum isn't kind of player you're gonna trade ever. Maybe, if you're OKC. He's the one you're waiting for.