Author Topic: An early look at Players Cs could take with late 1st  (Read 9489 times)

Re: An early look at Players Cs could take with late 1st
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 07:22:55 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Diallo of UK..reminds me of Gerald green

If Diallo were to fall this low, he'd be a prime candidate to be the 'OG Anonubi, Dejounte Murray-what were teams thinking passing on this guy' of the 2018 draft. Definitely think he could be a better pro than college player.

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 02:31:45 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Ok have my new favorite option for the late 1st

Keita Bates-Diop

Ohio State redshirt Jr.

6'7

235lb

reported 7'2" wingspan

currently averaging just under 20pts 9 RB 1.8 BLKS 1.1STL while shooting 37.6% from 3 on 5 attempts

seems like a perfect fit as a low ceiling high floor backup wing player who can play up as a small ball 4.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 03:36:21 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I love Shake Milton’s size, shooting and versatility offensively.

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 10:13:28 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
The more I watch Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, the more I realize he's more than a shooter and could be a great fit in our offense. He's a plus athlete and has underrated passing instincts. He also always seems to come up with random steals every game I see him and looks like a versatile defender. I would love to grab him with our 1st even if that seems a bit high due to his fit.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 04:47:42 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Is it too soon to say Tyreke Evans?????

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Ok have my new favorite option for the late 1st

Keita Bates-Diop

Ohio State redshirt Jr.

6'7

235lb

reported 7'2" wingspan

currently averaging just under 20pts 9 RB 1.8 BLKS 1.1STL while shooting 37.6% from 3 on 5 attempts

seems like a perfect fit as a low ceiling high floor backup wing player who can play up as a small ball 4.
He's currently projected to go somewhere mid-1st. I think folks are on to him. Good player. Does a lot of things well.

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 04:53:09 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

If Diallo were to fall this low, he'd be a prime candidate to be the 'OG Anonubi, Dejounte Murray-what were teams thinking passing on this guy' of the 2018 draft. Definitely think he could be a better pro than college player.

Diallo projected to go #14 on nbadraft.net.  He will be LONG GONE.

Smitty77

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 04:54:41 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
A player no one really talks about but looks like a real competitor is Allonzo Trier. Good size and good athlete. Why is he projected to go in the early/mid-2nd? I've watched him since last year and he does nothing but play and play well.

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 04:58:17 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Diallo projected to go #14 on nbadraft.net.  He will be LONG GONE.

Smitty77
I don't know. His stock has been falling. LONG GONE could be overstating it. He hasn't played well in over a month. Looks like the season may be catching up with him. Started out pretty good though. Things got harder once conference games rolled around.
Edit: Athletically, he's very gifted. Just catching some glimpses here and there of the hype.

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 06:19:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Nope. That's who I would have spent the low 20's pick on...then would have given Evans the MLE next season while letting Smart walk.

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 06:40:12 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Who ever it is will be a bust like almost all our late picks like fab melo, sully, Jr gidden, young, Johnson ...wow I could type a whole page
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 07:41:03 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Makes me almost physically ill to even think about these bottom of the barrel picks, when we could have had TEvans, only 28, 6'6", averaging 19/5/5, and shooting nearly 40% on threes and 80% from the line!  Making a little over 3 mil a year. SMH!!

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 07:49:06 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Mitchell Robinson
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 07:53:26 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I'd truly stay away from Allen...what the dude does with his legs on defense are not basketball plays. He'll be out of the league in a year or two.

Plenty of guys do plenty of things that are not basketball plays. Smart has. Wade has. Simmons just did in the game today. Marcus Morris gets into multiple dust-ups every year. Cousins is constantly throwing elbows. Draymond Green plays with an edge that verges on dirty non-basketball plays. Isaiah Thomas just whacked Wiggins in the head.

I'm not saying he's not dirty. I'm just saying I think the "tripping" thing is a bit overexaggerrated. None of his trips were dangerous to the opposing basketball player. They were unsportsmanlike, but not dangerous. I think hard fouls in the air or tomahawking a guys arm on a drive is more dangerous than any dirty play Allen has made.

At that point, you just have to examine his work ethic, team attitude, and ability to impact the game. I really like his three-point shooting and I think his driving will be even better with a spread out court in the NBA. He plays for a winning team, and he helps his team win games. He has one of the best euro-steps in college basketball and has the ability to finish explosively at the rim.

He will end up being a good player if he gets drafted by a good coach like Pop, Carlisle, Spo, or CBS. In the right system, he could be an Evan Fournier, which is great value late in the first round.
None of them were dangerous? If the players didn't know how to land they'd easily have injuries, imo this is even worse than those elbows, punches and stuff because you can't see this coming, and the worst part of it is that the dude pretends to have done it on accident and goes into the temper tantrum skin to a 5 year old.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 07:54:38 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I'd truly stay away from Allen...what the dude does with his legs on defense are not basketball plays. He'll be out of the league in a year or two.
Danny Ainge did the same stuff when he played. Lol

https://youtu.be/7cTs4zpI3CQ
Lol this isn't the 80s though, and Ainge at least was honest about it instead of pretending all of those plays to be accidents.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA