Author Topic: LOOK: Hayward Ditches The Ankle Brace It Seems (Ainge Tweets Pic)  (Read 4422 times)

Re: LOOK: Hayward Ditches The Ankle Brace It Seems (Ainge Tweets Pic)
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 10:17:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think people are getting their hopes way to high. Its great that Gordon is progressing to where he has but thats miles and miles away from being in NBA shape and ready to compete in the playoffs. I am expecting to see him next season.

I suppose it's better to remain cautiously pessimistic, but I am totally expecting him back at this point. Not only does he not have a brace on, but he is walking around the edge of a slippery pool in [non-Brinks Truck] slides. You'd think he's at least have some kind-of Chucks or running shoes on; slides are like the least supportive footwear on the planet.

Three months is a lot of time to really start strengthening everything that needs to be strengthened. If he is cleared to play, then I (and all of Cs nation) will welcome him back with open arms.

I was looking for updates earlier today on Gordon so TP to Phantom for a well-timed thread!  :D

Hey, if Hayward can come off the bench for 15-20 minutes a game (and maybe the final few minutes of games to close them out) and give us a scoring spark (or a secondary scoring option in the final minutes of games), then I'll be perfectly happy.

Obviously you don't want to rush him, and this is still the Cavaliers year in the East it seems, but if you add a good player with DPE and see some wear and tear showing on the Cavs, who knows. I think if he's ready, he'll play on a limited basis.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 12:58:01 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I think people are getting their hopes way to high. Its great that Gordon is progressing to where he has but thats miles and miles away from being in NBA shape and ready to compete in the playoffs. I am expecting to see him next season.

I suppose it's better to remain cautiously pessimistic, but I am totally expecting him back at this point. Not only does he not have a brace on, but he is walking around the edge of a slippery pool in [non-Brinks Truck] slides. You'd think he's at least have some kind-of Chucks or running shoes on; slides are like the least supportive footwear on the planet.

Three months is a lot of time to really start strengthening everything that needs to be strengthened. If he is cleared to play, then I (and all of Cs nation) will welcome him back with open arms.

I was looking for updates earlier today on Gordon so TP to Phantom for a well-timed thread!  :D

Hey, if Hayward can come off the bench for 15-20 minutes a game (and maybe the final few minutes of games to close them out) and give us a scoring spark (or a secondary scoring option in the final minutes of games), then I'll be perfectly happy.

Obviously you don't want to rush him, and this is still the Cavaliers year in the East it seems, but if you add a good player with DPE and see some wear and tear showing on the Cavs, who knows. I think if he's ready, he'll play on a limited basis.
If Hayward comes back as a 6th man we'll truly have a shot at the finals, where anything can happen.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2018, 08:53:51 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Nice!

One day at a time, GH - one day at a time.

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 09:15:41 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
We're not contending for a ring here.

You lost me here...
Me too.  Who's "we"?

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2018, 09:27:24 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LinS8LS8TVE

GTime is going to give us SO MUCH once he returns.

This video doesn't even highlight his play making abilities, defense or rebounding.

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2018, 10:28:27 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LinS8LS8TVE

GTime is going to give us SO MUCH once he returns.

This video doesn't even highlight his play making abilities, defense or rebounding.

He finishes with a lot of dunks. Here's hoping he gets his hops back, both physically and mentally.Will be a challenge for him to dunk in traffic again the first few times I would imagine.

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2018, 11:03:02 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Man, even if he play limited minutes off the bench in the playoffs, along with Morris returning to how he played last year fully healthy, and get the DPE player, I would be very excited.

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2018, 02:03:44 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
In that youtube video he posterizes the Greek Freak. I doubt that'll happen again so someone should make a gif of that one.

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2018, 09:00:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/boston-celtics-london-brad-stevens-warns-not-get-excited-about-gordon-haywards-return

As I mentioned earlier...don't get your hopes too high of a Hayward return this year.

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2018, 09:22:47 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
In that youtube video he posterizes the Greek Freak. I doubt that'll happen again so someone should make a gif of that one.

I love how overhyped Giannis has become.

His team around him must truly be trash because he is talked about like the greatest player ever and the Bucks only sit a few games over .500.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 10:53:18 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

We're not contending for a ring here.

The sole purpose of acquiring both Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving (and Al Horford) is to contend for not one ring, but multiple rings lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 11:18:33 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/boston-celtics-london-brad-stevens-warns-not-get-excited-about-gordon-haywards-return

As I mentioned earlier...don't get your hopes too high of a Hayward return this year.

That's nice but CBS is the same guy who has trouble saying a team had a good game even when they blow out their opponents. Gets asked about a Tatum dunk specifically and he says something about what he did the plays before that. It's not that he doesn't think things are good, he just doesn't get excited easily and he is always cautious. I'm taking what CBS says with a Dead Sea amount of salt.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2018, 11:56:33 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
My gut says he's going to return in some capacity this year.

But I'm not getting my hopes up.

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2018, 12:03:01 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I have no expectation at all that we'll see him this season or playoffs.  Absolutely none.

Get better, get to 100%, no reason to be short-sighted and try & rush back.  Take your time.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2018, 12:05:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
My gut: No return this year.

We are playing well enough without him, so that there will be less pressure for him to rush through his rehab.  As long as Morris continues to heal, and we pick up a decent bench scorer with DPE, would rather that Hayward not return until next season, give him full year to rehab and get ready. 

Still can't image of broken foot out of my head, imagine he can't either.