Author Topic: Is this a quiet 6 game winning streak?  (Read 2474 times)

Re: Is this a quiet 6 game winning streak?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 12:57:34 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Looking at the schedule, the Celtics should win the next 6 games before heading into Golden State. Might have a 12 game winning streak by then.

That’s funny, because we were legitimately already on a 13 game win streak when we beat GS earlier in the year, too.

The numbers are speaking to us.

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 12:57:35 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
Looking at a longer period of time, the Celtics are 17-8 since the winning streak ended.  That .680 winning percentage would be 4th in the league if we played at even that level all season.  We’re also tied for the third-best record (with San Antonio) from the time the Heat beat us.  Obviously, we’ve played even better overall, but our record for the most part isn’t due largely to one hot streak.

I find this interesting because I saw a number of fans arguing that the streak was a mirage and the .500 stretch was closer to what we would do the rest of the season. The stats since then (and some of these big wins) do not support that.

I do think the record post-win streak is more representative of who this team is but, as saltlover pointed out, the record since then is 17-8 which is terrific.

I think this smaller streak has been quiet because of the length of the earlier streak and that a lot of these wins have been close. But regardless of what the media thinks of it, I've been very encouraged that the stretch where they went 5-6 does not seem to be who this team really is.

Teams have ups and downs throughout the season. What I find encouraging is that their worst stretch so far has been a brief run where they played .500 basketball.

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2018, 03:01:27 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Looking at a longer period of time, the Celtics are 17-8 since the winning streak ended.  That .680 winning percentage would be 4th in the league if we played at even that level all season.  We’re also tied for the third-best record (with San Antonio) from the time the Heat beat us.  Obviously, we’ve played even better overall, but our record for the most part isn’t due largely to one hot streak.

I find this interesting because I saw a number of fans arguing that the streak was a mirage and the .500 stretch was closer to what we would do the rest of the season. The stats since then (and some of these big wins) do not support that.

I do think the record post-win streak is more representative of who this team is but, as saltlover pointed out, the record since then is 17-8 which is terrific.

I think this smaller streak has been quiet because of the length of the earlier streak and that a lot of these wins have been close. But regardless of what the media thinks of it, I've been very encouraged that the stretch where they went 5-6 does not seem to be who this team really is.

Teams have ups and downs throughout the season. What I find encouraging is that their worst stretch so far has been a brief run where they played .500 basketball.

Good point.  No losing streaks.  Two in a row is the worst we've had, twice.  3 out of 4 once.  That's pretty [dang] consistent.

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 05:10:57 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
That Houston game was anything but quiet.

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2018, 05:54:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I would not read much into it either way.   We are going to win some more games and lose some more games.
no, no we won't!!

;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva