Author Topic: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."  (Read 8976 times)

Re: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2018, 06:01:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Lonzo when asked about Luke Walton as a coach: "I will play for anybody."

Classic case of good kid with a dad with too big a mouth...

Really? That's how you took it?

Meanwhile, Kuzma defended his coach and showed him love. He also looks like the real deal and the best pick the Lakers made this past summer, not Lonzo to be quite frank.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2018, 06:06:15 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

That's not a quote of a good kid. That's a quote of a snake trying to add fuel to the flame

It sure doesn’t sound like a ringing endorsement. He could have said a lot more to extinguish the flames instead of fan them.

People seem really high on Lonzo as a person and I don’t see why. He seems scared/brainwashed by his father and is merely a puppet.

If I was him I would tell him “I love ya dad and thanks for getting me here but shut yo mouth and don’t ruin this for me now.”

Instead he just says my father is a grown man and has his opinions blah blah blah. I’d stick up for my coach publicly even if I didn’t like playing for him. You’re a rookie, know your role. You should be happy Luke is playing you as much as he is considering how ****ty you’ve played.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2018, 06:11:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That's not a quote of a good kid. That's a quote of a snake trying to add fuel to the flame

It sure doesn’t sound like a ringing endorsement. He could have said a lot more to extinguish the flames instead of fan them.

People seem really high on Lonzo as a person and I don’t see why. He seems scared/brainwashed by his father and is merely a puppet.

If I was him I would tell him “I love ya dad and thanks for getting me here but shut yo mouth and don’t ruin this for me now.”

Instead he just says my father is a grown man and has his opinions blah blah blah. I’d stick up for my coach publicly even if I didn’t like playing for him. You’re a rookie, know your role. You should be happy Luke is playing you as much as he is considering how ****ty you’ve played.
100% agree, TP. People keep saying "he seems like a good kid" and I have no clue where they got that impression
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
100% agree, TP. People keep saying "he seems like a good kid" and I have no clue where they got that impression

You don't think he sometimes acts like he is embarrassed by his dad and often says politically correct stuff to balance his dad's hyperbole.  It's like the kid whose dad is an alcoholic, you don't hold that against the kid.