Author Topic: Its Marcus Time -Morris that is  (Read 1504 times)

Its Marcus Time -Morris that is
« on: January 13, 2018, 05:19:50 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Since beating his trial case and his nagging intermittent knee injury
Both Brad and his teammates have not been able to get any rhythm with Morris
Now it's Brads turn to polish up Marcus Morris.
With all  the focus on young ones, Celtic fans that really didn't follow Morris don't understand, what a healthy integrated asset he can be with his double digit scoring and vet presence
As his offense and defensive timing improve we will get to see the real Morris for balance of season.
His experience and toughness will become critical in playoffs.

This is a durable player to have this knee injury is frustrating for him and another part of the adversity  the Celts have had to battle and deal with and that doesn't take into account. The emotional hangover of trading for Bradley and dealing with his trial ,late start training and shortened preseason with so many new young kids.
This trade seemed to fill a need for Celts but in fact it has given the fan in me "agita"

Re: Its Marcus Time -Morris that is
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 07:15:55 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I love his play and hope he stays healthy.

He's versatile and can do many things well.

He certainly fills a need AND he appears to have a mean streak to him.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 07:56:06 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Consummate veteran presence, Marcus Morris was a savvy acquisition for this team because he knows what he is.

He will...
Shoot the ball. For better or worse his fade away mid range game will be there regardless of the matchup. You can't build an offense around it but it can sustain the system while the main players are getting in rest.

D up. Marcus is a strong defensive presence at his position, who might get burned from time to time but can be counted on to make life difficult for his matchup. We'll have to see how it works in the playoffs, but he's starting to develop a body of work and reputation with the officials as one of the League's premere LeBron stoppers.

He will not...
Back down. Morris has pride and will always be there when his teammate's take a hard foul. The other day he went at the rookie phenom Ben Simmons as if he were just another guy.

Shoot us out of games. Maybe this is just anecdotal, but I don't think that I've once seen Morris bury us with poor shooting. Seems to me when his shot isn't falling he knows to start trying to find his way inside and get to the line.

Marcus Morris is getting healthier and more acclimated to the culture by the day. If he can find his way as our 6th or 7th best player he'll have moments in the playoffs that put us over the top.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 08:01:38 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
"IF" he stays healthy he could EASILY fill a JAMES POSEY-like role for us, 2007-08.

JP often finished games for us, with him at PF and KG moving to Center.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 11:10:55 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I agree Morris is more important than is acknowledged by many.  In a 4-man big man rotation along with Horford, Baynes and Theis, he plays a key role on defense without giving up shooting.  Without him, Tatum has to play more 4, and the rookie been burned by vet PF's a few times already.  Morris is needed to balance the rotations.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 11:04:13 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Twitter thinks he injured his knee in the altercation that lead to the trial.  People are speculating he may have sprained his knee kicking that guy while he was on the ground.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 12:05:14 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I was really down on Morris until about 2 weeks ago. Now I am all in on Morris. I was wrong. He is a very good player and he is proving his worth.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 12:17:36 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Twitter thinks he injured his knee in the altercation that lead to the trial.  People are speculating he may have sprained his knee kicking that guy while he was on the ground.

Sounds like rampant speculation that makes a sexier story than simply running and jumping every day of his life. Wear and tare is most likely the prime contributor.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 12:38:36 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
  Morris to me off the bench gives second unit a go to scorer who is also a very good defender, rebounder.  Depending on matchups he will start some time with horford shifting but i for one like the center presence that baynes brings.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 01:52:09 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Sounds like rampant speculation that makes a sexier story than simply running and jumping every day of his life. Wear and tare is most likely the prime contributor.

It was backed up by multiple unnamed sources.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 01:53:25 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
This London trip was a catalyst for team bonding.Boston Celtics and Brad will bring out the best in Morriss.He will be judged here by more than stats he is a critical peace in our young ones growth
Horford is so central to everything a truly remarkable veteran presence
.Now backed up with Kyrie Irving and Danny patiently looking to add at trade deadline.
Morriss has the opportunity now to make his mark.

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »

Offline shrinkage36

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
This is what you need to win championships. You need Super Stars, and you need soldiers.

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

It was backed up by multiple unnamed sources.

So, you’re saying the origin of his current knee injury was from an incident that occurred literally three years ago in January 2015? Lol perhaps Twitter isn’t the best place to get news of this nature.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-players-markieff-and-marcus-morris-found-not-guilty-in-phoenix-assault-trial/

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 03:23:06 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
His shooting and positional versatility could wind up being important. His defense will definitely be important.

Come playoff time he will be equally well suited to guard the likes of Lebron and also Draymond, if the C's are lucky enough to receive that challenge. GS has their death lineup but if things start clicking, the C's potentially have a defensive death lineup with which to counter.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008