Author Topic: Cousins uninterested in playing for 90 seconds after not getting a foul call  (Read 3246 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://streamable.com/8qr8z

This headcase needs to stay far away from our team. He gives up games just because he feels like it

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Wow

And yet Alvin Gentry still let Cousins play 39 minutes.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the Pelicans are the Pelicans.

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
So glad we avoided that.  Hope we keep avoiding it.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Definitely got fouled but that pathetic sulking attitude is not the way to go about your business.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He's a disgrace.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Not that this is much of a news since we have seen this type of behavior (menstruation on weekly basis) for what will soon be a decade, but I applaud the OP for posting this as it might help some Celtic fans to clear their perspective about him.

If DMC ever is to be a significant player in the league by the account of deep, meaningful playoff games it will be as a 3rd or 4th big on a team in his 13th+ season. Once all other ships have already sailed for a younger mentally more balanced talent.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:25:01 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
He is such a bum.  Classic example of monster stat lines with zero substance.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Wow

And yet Alvin Gentry still let Cousins play 39 minutes.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the Pelicans are the Pelicans.
That sends a pretty potent message about how much Gentry values hard work, to the rest of the team. It doesn't matter what he says if he lets Cousins skulk around and still get big minutes.

The opposite of that is the way Brad Stevens treats Marcus Smart. Smarts shooting continues to be terrible but Smart plays the right way with a ton of hustle so everyone sees what they have to do to get playing time.

Obviously there are big differences between an all star like Cousins and a role player like Smart but if Gentry is not able to stand up to his star that means he doesn't have control over his team at all.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
They down 24 have the worst coach in the NBA (how has he kept his job this long?) and while he cried to the ref he still got back. I was expecting to see a video where he legit gave up for 90 seconds what I saw was typical of his play.

I think we as Celtics have become spoiled with guys willing to play hard every single possession. Go to YT watch other teams highlights and you'll see guys doing this almost every single game.

Not a fan of Cousins but his frustration is legit this guy has been on a losing squad every single year he's been in the league. Winning solves a lot of issues and who you play for makes a difference. Cousin is an emotional player like Dramond Green difference is one plays for a winner and one doesn't both still cry to refs a ton.

It's easy to point to Cousin's and say he's the reason any team he's on is a dud but in NO it's very clearly a Gentry problem.
ok fine

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
They down 24 have the worst coach in the NBA (how has he kept his job this long?) and while he cried to the ref he still got back. I was expecting to see a video where he legit gave up for 90 seconds what I saw was typical of his play.

I think we as Celtics have become spoiled with guys willing to play hard every single possession. Go to YT watch other teams highlights and you'll see guys doing this almost every single game.

Not a fan of Cousins but his frustration is legit this guy has been on a losing squad every single year he's been in the league. Winning solves a lot of issues and who you play for makes a difference. Cousin is an emotional player like Dramond Green difference is one plays for a winner and one doesn't both still cry to refs a ton.

It's easy to point to Cousin's and say he's the reason any team he's on is a dud but in NO it's very clearly a Gentry problem.
Yeah, it's never poor Demarcus' fault that the team that he plays on sucks. Cry me a river.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
So much for he is a changed man. This why any team trading for him can't invest too much to bring him in.

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Mentally weak but still talented. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to keep losing.
I moved the cheese.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Mentally weak but still talented. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to keep losing.
It is either that he gets frustrated easily and then that losing mentality spills over, or they are losing and he gets frustrated.
Either way his team is a losing one with him being frustrated.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
It is amazing how your attitude and demeanor can detract from your otherwise clear basketball talent. I also wonder how much better his overall defensive numbers would be if you minimized these emotional/effort lapses.

I know every player has moments like this but he has them all the time and to an extraordinary extent.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Only makes it more likely that the 'cans ship him off and not Davis.