Author Topic: What point does a player become 'injury,' prone? Kawhi partial tear in shoulder  (Read 11538 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
While it seems Kawhi Leonard may have partially torn his shoulder, the Spurs don’t seem particularly concerned about the injury. Immediately after mentioning the tear to Tom Orsborn of the San Antonio Express-News, head coach Gregg Popovich said that the forward could potentially return before the end of the team’s three-game road trip.

According to ESPN’s Michael Wright, Leonard has not even been formally ruled out for Thursday’s game.

Interesting to note Pop doesn't seem to take it serious, but always wondered at what point does a player become considered injury prone?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
While it seems Kawhi Leonard may have partially torn his shoulder, the Spurs don’t seem particularly concerned about the injury. Immediately after mentioning the tear to Tom Orsborn of the San Antonio Express-News, head coach Gregg Popovich said that the forward could potentially return before the end of the team’s three-game road trip.

According to ESPN’s Michael Wright, Leonard has not even been formally ruled out for Thursday’s game.

Interesting to note Pop doesn't seem to take it serious, but always wondered at what point does a player become considered injury prone?

When they are Danilo Gallinari...

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

When they are Danilo Gallinari...
Yeah Kawhi hasn't torn his ass yet. He's fine, it's just that playing through an injury last year and then getting that "the real FMVP" Zaza closeout just killed his muscles' balance imo.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Kawhi is one of the most overrated player in the league, he got covered so much by Pop's system

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
He is injury prone, he is not a 75-80 games type of guy.
His shoulder is like a boulder that creates so much space for his easy floaters, jumpers, and baby hooks in the lane. So it worries me a bit. But not more than his bizarre leg injury. Lower extremity injuries are more troubling for basketball players IMO.

Kawhi is one of the most overrated player in the league, he got covered so much by Pop's system
Ich ruhe meine koffer :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtlMEC_HAzU
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:53:43 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
His shoulder is like a boulder that creates so much space for his easy floaters, jumpers, and baby hooks in the lane. So it worries me a bit. But not more than his bizarre leg injury. Lower extremity injuries are more troubling for basketball players IMO.

Semi just made Lebron give up the game and sit the 4th quarter as a rookie

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Couldn't disagree more.  The Spurs win a lot of games but I can't think of guys who look a lot better in Pop's system than elsewhere.  Simmons, for example, continues to blossom since leaving the Spurs.  I have Kawhi in the Durant and Lebron tier. 

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I don't know how you could possibly believe that. Its either you are joking or a dumbass. Cleveland is on a second night of back to back, the Cavs rested their starters at the start of the fourth, but the lead got extended that it made no more sense to send the starters back in.

My god, posts like this are ruining my hibernation!

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

I don't know how you could possibly believe that. Its either you are joking or a dumbass. Cleveland is on a second night of back to back, the Cavs rested their starters at the start of the fourth, but the lead got extended that it made no more sense to send the starters back in.

My god, posts like this are ruining my hibernation!
If Semi didn't totally locked down Lebron in 3rd you won't have that fourth, that's the truth
And he locked down the greek freak, too
last night it's Dinwddie(?) and RHJ, you can see how frustrate they were
Semi is really becoming a force in the league

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"Partial tear" of what? Muscle, cartilage, ligaments... his long sleeved jersey? That's an awful bit of reporting right there.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
LOL - there's been a lot of ridiculousness on this board, but off the top of my head this takes the cake. Insane
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Couldn't disagree more.  The Spurs win a lot of games but I can't think of guys who look a lot better in Pop's system than elsewhere.  Simmons, for example, continues to blossom since leaving the Spurs.  I have Kawhi in the Durant and Lebron tier.
San Antonio is 27-14 this season.  Leonard has played in 8 of those games and the Spurs are 4-4 in those games, making them 23-10 without Leonard.  They even won all 4 games that Leonard didn't play since Leonard came back.  I think there may be some credence to the fact that Leonard has become overrated.  He is a scorer and a great defender, but he isn't a guy that can run an offense or a team.  His passing skills are poor (for a top level player).  He isn't a good rebounder.  He doesn't have great size, speed, or athleticism.  He uses his intelligence and instincts incredibly well, but he isn't some physical specimen.  He is a great player, but I think this season has shown he isn't in the same class as Lebron or Durant (or Giannis). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
San Antonio is 27-14 this season.  Leonard has played in 8 of those games and the Spurs are 4-4 in those games, making them 23-10 without Leonard.  They even won all 4 games that Leonard didn't play since Leonard came back.  I think there may be some credence to the fact that Leonard has become overrated.  He is a scorer and a great defender, but he isn't a guy that can run an offense or a team.  His passing skills are poor (for a top level player).  He isn't a good rebounder.  He doesn't have great size, speed, or athleticism. He uses his intelligence and instincts incredibly well, but he isn't some physical specimen.  He is a great player, but I think this season has shown he isn't in the same class as Lebron or Durant (or Giannis).
Moranis with time I honestly became a fan of your pragmatic perspective, but I disagree with your take on Kawhi. You say he doesn't have a great size (It is enough not to get pushed towards the basket by LeBron, a true and definite test of that), speed (OK, not elite as prime DRose or IT, but still excellent for his size IMO), and Athleticism (includes, but is not limited to aforementioned speed and size. He is explosive, has 2 sizes bigger arms and hands than his body would suggest, while retaining the agility and dexterity. Personally, I think that pound for pound there is no stronger player in the league.
Sure the regular season record numbers would back up your opinion, but when Kawhi is 100% healthy he makes fans worldwide believe that the epic Warriors can be beaten.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"Doesn't have great size, speed of athleticism". Everyone's favorite knock against Paul Pierce.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."