Author Topic: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."  (Read 8979 times)

Re: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 12:10:36 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
You know, I went back and watched his FULL interview with Jeff Goodman and his comments don't seem THAT bad, now...

He DiD state that his comments were just HIS opinion, and that he hadn't spoken to his son.

Not as bad now, to me, after watching the full interview.

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 12:14:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
so many of us knew this would happen.   That clown can't keep his trap shut.   

He is famous for being a big mouth .....he promotes his self this way , by saying outrageous stuff to make news.  Just not the type person I dwant my organization to be associated with.
Without regard to consequence ...how it might hurt his son.
Wonder if Lakers decide to trade Ball what that might do to his value.    I was against drafting him because of the idot gamily he belongs to.   He should tell the old man to,take a hike , you ruining my career .

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 12:20:30 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Even if the Lakers wanted to fire Walton, they can't now.  hahaha!  They are so backed into a corner. 

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 12:22:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
We all knew LaVar was a narcissist from day one.

What’s up with Jeff Goodman following that pathetic group to Lithuania? ESPN is such a ratings “rhymes with 4”.

Magic’s lack of leadership as GM bears some of the responsibility. Should have told that man to stay away from the team and put a gag order on him. Or else.

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 12:36:09 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
So many have predicted exactly what is happening right now. I love it!

Come-on Lavar we faith in you, you could easily run the Lakers AND schlep sneakers on the side.

That Laker pick is looking gooooooood.

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 12:39:05 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
The quoted article in the OP misses one of the best parts, the 2nd paragraph here:

"Lonzo looked good, but he also looked disgusted," Ball said. "He was ready to play. Four minutes left in the first quarter, he dunked it, getting in a flow and Coach sits him down. Sat him down. Now game goes from four points to 10 to 15 to 20. I don't know what they're doing. If he's ready to play, let him play. Don't try and monitor no minutes, put on restrictions."

When Lonzo Ball was replaced by Kyle Kuzma with 4:38 left in the first quarter of Friday night's 108-94 loss to the Charlotte Hornets, the Lakers were down 22-18. When Ball re-entered the game to start the second quarter, they were down 28-24. Ball, who missed six games with the injury, finished with 11 points and five assists in 27 minutes.

Also Lonzo was a team worst -24.  No other starter was more than -6.  Not that I expected LaVar to be rational or anything...

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 01:02:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Translation " I am not a good nba player so I will blame the coach!"

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2018, 01:08:04 PM »

Offline OnPoint

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 128
I’m with Bill Simmons when said that the Lakers should use Ball to rid themselves of Deng and Clarkson.

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2018, 01:13:45 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I’m with Bill Simmons when said that the Lakers should use Ball to rid themselves of Deng and Clarkson.

If they plan on getting LeBron next year they may as well because Ball can’t play with him.

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2018, 01:24:41 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

What’s up with Jeff Goodman following that pathetic group to Lithuania? ESPN is such a ratings “rhymes with 4”.

Magic’s lack of leadership as GM bears some of the responsibility. Should have told that man to stay away from the team and put a gag order on him. Or else.
snore??  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2018, 02:05:17 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

If they plan on getting LeBron next year they may as well because Ball can’t play with him.

Well, can't and won't.  Why would the best player in the world use fee agency to step into that Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.-storm?  No good players , except Kuzma - who plays lebron's exact position, no hope of winning a title anytime soon, and in the background having Lavar buzzing like a bad noise making machine.  Lebron has put himself in good situations every time he switched teams, you think he is going to not do that now? 

Lavar is like a bad high school parent complaining about the coach.

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 02:08:16 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

snore??  ;D

Ratings BORE, I bet.

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2018, 02:14:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
This type of organization is exactly what Lebron craves ....one that is totally disfunctional , that will hand him the keys to coach , and play a role in players brought in and basically dictate the personality the club takes.  Yes men what Lewhine wants. 

They have more momey than brains in Lakers Front office .  All rich kids .  Lebron will be more than happy to run their franchise and take their millions  :D

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2018, 02:24:42 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Lonzo had better grow some 'balls' and tell his old man to shut the heck up.   I said it before he ever became a pro, and it's only proving to be more and more true.

But if wants to let his father act like an idiot and take him and the Lakers down with him it's fine by me.

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2018, 02:39:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Magic sold his hate of the Lakers former front office with the willing help of the media,  found an dummy ....Jeannie Buss to fall for his rhetoric he pushed on TV at every chance.   She fell for the non sense , return to Showtime glitter of her dads era.

She is nothing but a rich girl , not qualiifed to run a Burger King .

Now Magic is dumb enough to buy i to Lavar. " Mr Haney " of basketballs trash talk and take his son in the draft . 

Kuzma and Ingram are the best players on the team . not Lonzo

Maybe the correct answer is for Jeannie BUsT to put on grown up pants and fire Magic and trade Lonzo and put the franchise back on a clear course , instead of a pipe dream