Author Topic: Trumpís Economy (merged)  (Read 19649 times)

Re: Trumpís Economy (merged)
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2018, 06:58:15 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 369
What I really want to know is this: Do Trump supporters believe that Trump has and is currently lying to them? Do they even have the slightest thought of such? I know most of them, especially the Evangelical community, try an put aside his 'moral' misdoings, but do they apart from that even think/know/believe that he boldface lies to the public (not white lies either)?

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a22735202/rudy-giuliani-truth-trumpism-eye-of-the-beholder/

The only way Trump is the most honest president we've ever had is if facts are "in the eye of the beholder." The Washington Post assessed that Trump made 4,229 false claims in his first 558 days in office. That's 7.6 a day. But heóand Giulianióknow that his base of support mostly doesn't read The Washington Post. They watch Fox News, or listen to talk radio, or otherwise marinate in the wider conservative media ecosystem, where the president's word is gold and ICE is liberating entire towns from the grip of MS-13. Reality is irrelevant when you have an entire media apparatus ready and willing to bend its contours to your needs.

I really donít think they care.
ďOwn the libsĒ and all that...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:23:08 PM by arctic 3.0 »

« Reply #316 on: August 17, 2018, 11:13:02 AM »

Offline Pucaccia

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 58

« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2018, 11:32:45 AM »

Offline matteo

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 73
Booming Walmart, Cisco results show US economyís strength is real and broad-based
Major U.S. companies including Walmart and Cisco are confirming positive GDP macro data by posting their strongest financial results in many years. The reports indicate broad-based strength in the domestic economy.
Walmart said Thursday that it had generated its highest domestic same-store sales growth in more than 10 years for its second quarter, with an increase of 4.5 percent versus the Thomson Reuters 2.4 percent estimate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/booming-walmart-cisco-results-show-us-economys-strength-is-real-and-broad-based.html

« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2018, 05:16:41 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 57
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #319 on: August 17, 2018, 10:52:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27665
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #320 on: August 17, 2018, 11:52:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 2424
This seems like a solid idea:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-considering-change-way-america-114645326.html

Um, no, it really isnít.  Less transparency is bad for investors, who will require a greater premium due to enhanced risk from less information.  This in turn will deflate stock prices.
ďWhen an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.Ē

Leviticus 19:33-34

« Reply #321 on: August 18, 2018, 12:02:16 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-considering-change-way-america-114645326.html

Um, no, it really isnít.  Less transparency is bad for investors, who will require a greater premium due to enhanced risk from less information.  This in turn will deflate stock prices.

Iím going to trust Buffett over you on this one. 

« Reply #322 on: August 18, 2018, 12:07:39 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 201

Credit where itís due, I think this is perfectly reasonable.

« Reply #323 on: August 18, 2018, 02:07:52 AM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 88

Credit where itís due, I think this is perfectly reasonable.

I think itís a terrible idea.
It would make companies less transparent. Investors would have even less info than they now have. There would be huge incentives for insiders to trade on info.

Also, Similar idea came up during other administrations. I thought it was a terrible idea then too.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2018, 12:41:12 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 88

If we want to incentivize companies to invest in more innovative products and services, ie be more long term oriented, there are simpler ways to do this. Like with a R&D tax credit.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #325 on: August 18, 2018, 02:12:02 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

If we want to incentivize companies to invest in more innovative products and services, ie be more long term oriented, there are simpler ways to do this. Like with a R&D tax credit.

If this is going to hurt investors, why was the idea proposed by Warren Buffett and JD Morgan?  Last I checked, neither was in the business of losing money for their investors.

Not having to answer to projections every three months seems like common sense in terms of allowing companies to implement long term strategies that may take a bit to get going.

« Reply #326 on: August 18, 2018, 08:00:17 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 57
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
The Oracle has spoken,  "In our experience, quarterly earnings guidance often leads to an unhealthy focus on short-term profits at the expense of long-term strategy, growth and sustainability."

Its very consistent with making American great again, long term.  The adults are back in charge.
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #327 on: August 18, 2018, 11:38:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

If this is going to hurt investors, why was the idea proposed by Warren Buffett and JD Morgan?  Last I checked, neither was in the business of losing money for their investors.

Not having to answer to projections every three months seems like common sense in terms of allowing companies to implement long term strategies that may take a bit to get going.

Absolutely not. Have you forgotten the results of the last time that investment banks operated in a dark market? Common sense would be enacting an even more robust version of the Glass-Steagall Law, imo, which should have happened in the immediate aftermath of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis, anyway, imo, and the fact that Warren Buffett is agreeing with anything that Jamie Dimon, who, along with the rest of those crooks, should have been given a life sentence at the absolute minimum, in my view, has to say about, well, anything, should result in the immediate loss of his credibility. JFC. :o 

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 11:46:56 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #328 on: August 18, 2018, 11:52:25 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Absolutely not. Have you forgotten the results of the last time that investment banks operated in a dark market? Common sense would be enacting an even more robust version of the Glass-Steagall Law, imo, which should have happened in the immediate aftermath of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis, anyway, and the fact that Warren Buffett is agreeing with anything that Jamie Dimon, who, along with the rest of those crooks, should have been given life sentences at the absolute minimum, in my view, has to say about, well, anything, should result in the immediate loss of his credibility. JFC. ::)

So whatís the parade of horribles that you predict, but that Buffett and others are overlooking?

I think itís great that Trump is studying ideas from leaders in the private sector, even those leaders generally linked to liberal causes. 

« Reply #329 on: August 19, 2018, 12:51:38 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Absolutely not. Have you forgotten the results of the last time that investment banks operated in a dark market? Common sense would be enacting an even more robust version of the Glass-Steagall Law, imo, which should have happened in the immediate aftermath of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis, anyway, and the fact that Warren Buffett is agreeing with anything that Jamie Dimon, who, along with the rest of those crooks, should have been given life sentences at the absolute minimum, in my view, has to say about, well, anything, should result in the immediate loss of his credibility. JFC. ::)

So whatís the parade of horribles that you predict, but that Buffett and others are overlooking?

I think itís great that Trump is studying ideas from leaders in the private sector, even those leaders generally linked to liberal causes.

Listen, I'm not a broker or anything like that, lol, it's just that I don't think that anyone should be taking the advice from a guy, in Dimon, who engaged in practices that conspired to bring about the collapse of our nation's economy, but then again I also don't believe that any member(s) of the Bush administration should ever be given a platform on which they are allowed speak about matters of foreign policy, like at all, but here we are.

I mean, would you buy another lemon from Matilda's father after your first car inevitably fails due to deliberately fraudulent practices on the part of Mr. Wormwood? How many times do we have to be duped by the criminal investment bankers and crooks on Wall Street before we finally learn our lesson? Sorry, but it just doesn't make any sense, to me, to put it mildly. Reinstate Glass-Steagall and turn the Federal Reserve over to Brooksley Born and we'll be fine.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 01:50:29 PM by Beat LA »