Author Topic: ESPN Patriots Article (MERGED)  (Read 13579 times)

ESPN Patriots Article (MERGED)
« on: January 04, 2018, 09:52:51 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
...Interesting

Toucher and Rich‏
@Toucherandrich
ESPN is about to drop a "bombshell" article that alleges a rift has grown so big between Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the Krafts that this may be their last year together-also that Brady asked 4 Garop trade. I've been talking with the Patriots tonight, we'll discuss tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Toucherandrich/status/949086359645556739
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Re: Just found this on 98.5 Twitter page...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 10:10:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It wouldn’t be the first time that egos broke up a team, but I’ll believe it when I see it.  Brady and BB need each other.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:15:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Don't buy it for a second.

Annual playoff time patriots hit piece.

What a joke.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 10:17:47 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Id think Brady and BB see Brady's long term role differently and Kraft is trying to be the middle ground. Father time comes for everyone is BB'S view. Brady feels like he is top of his game and can play a lot longer than expected.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 01:03:35 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
After17 years, what a colossal shame it would be if this team  (Bill, Tom and Bob) breaks up because they can't get along rather than squeezing out the remainder of the run intact.  If true, I guess Josh McDaniel will take over.  But I'll believe it when I see it.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 01:27:01 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
After17 years, what a colossal shame it would be if this team  (Bill, Tom and Bob) breaks up because they can't get along rather than squeezing out the remainder of the run intact.  If true, I guess Josh McDaniel will take over.  But I'll believe it when I see it.

It'd be ironic.  Very similar to what ended the Bulls prematurely.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 01:35:14 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I think people can be professional without loving each other.

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 01:45:32 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Just read the article and it does not disappoint.

Truly hilarious. Zero substance
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 02:04:50 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Just read the article and it does not disappoint.

Truly hilarious. Zero substance

Same, just read the article. Belichick comes out looking reasonable, Brady a bit temperamental. You just hope that this isn’t their last year together.

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 03:37:18 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Looking forward to RiftGate being fabricated on the Patriots!  ::) ::) ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 11:30:39 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Kraft/Belichick/Brady just released a joint statement.

“For the past 18 years, the three of us have enjoyed a very good and productive working relationship. In recent days, there have been multiple media reports that have speculated theories that are unsubstantiated, highly exaggerated or flat out inaccurate. The three of us share a common goal. We look forward to the enormous challenge of competing in the postseason and the opportunity to work together in the future, just as we have for the past 18 years. It is unfortunate that there is even a need for us to respond to these fallacies. As our actions have shown, we stand united.”

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 11:50:22 AM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3

“For the past 18 years, the three of us have enjoyed a very good and productive working relationship. In recent days, there have been multiple media reports that have speculated theories that are unsubstantiated, highly exaggerated or flat out inaccurate. The three of us share a common goal. We look forward to the enormous challenge of competing in the postseason and the opportunity to work together in the future, just as we have for the past 18 years. It is unfortunate that there is even a need for us to respond to these fallacies. As our actions have shown, we stand united.”

Why did they need to make this statement? To me, it indicates there is some sort of rift, probably not substantial, but one that had to be addressed to shut the noise down in Patriot land.
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 11:51:34 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Why did they need to make this statement? To me, it indicates there is some sort of rift, probably not substantial, but one that had to be addressed to shut the noise down in Patriot land.

Lol. It kinda' shows the opposite. Instead of reading between the lines, maybe we should just read the lines.

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 11:57:53 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Probably just trying to be a little proactive on the media crapstorm that is about to hit Foxboro in the week leading up a a playoff game which isn't exactly ideal timing although I'm sure ESPN knew that, hence the timing of this piece.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 11:58:28 AM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3

Lol. It kinda' shows the opposite. Instead of reading between the lines, maybe we should just read the lines.

Lol you are probably right. I just feel it is not necessary if nothing is wrong.
Let's Go Celtics!!