Author Topic: Pierce: “I’m not sure I want to see ITs video on my night”  (Read 12363 times)

Re: Pierce: “I’m not sure I want to see ITs video on my night”
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2018, 08:02:54 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I hope the fans ‘boo’ IT if they do it on pierce’s night
that's ridiculous

What is ridiculous is that IT making requests about a gesture from the team. He should be flattered the celts would even do it for him. He should have just been thankful and appreciative, rather than making requests......especially when it is PPs night. So yes, boo the heck out of him in front of his family

You know how embarrassing that would be...on National TV....to have fans booing IT like that?

"Let's send a STRONG MESSAGE to the rest of the NBA (especially potential trade targets like Anthony Davis) about how our fan base can be......"

The sad and concerning thing with AD is that he has ALREADY seemingly shown some concern with how the whole IT trade was handled....

So, yeah....let's show even MORE lack of class as a FAN BASE and boo IT...........
Yup, boo the heck out of him...IT brings it upon himself.

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2018, 08:08:52 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
that's ridiculous

What is ridiculous is that IT making requests about a gesture from the team. He should be flattered the celts would even do it for him. He should have just been thankful and appreciative, rather than making requests......especially when it is PPs night. So yes, boo the heck out of him in front of his family

You know how embarrassing that would be...on National TV....to have fans booing IT like that?

"Let's send a STRONG MESSAGE to the rest of the NBA (especially potential trade targets like Anthony Davis) about how our fan base can be......"

The sad and concerning thing with AD is that he has ALREADY seemingly shown some concern with how the whole IT trade was handled....

So, yeah....let's show even MORE lack of class as a FAN BASE and boo IT...........

Well, go right ahead.

I have a feeling that if you are at the game booing then you will be in a class by yourself - or at least I HOPE you are.

« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2018, 08:14:56 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The hypocritical thing here is that MANY of us were CHEERING vociferously for IT when he was here...

Now he gets traded and is understandably hurt and a bit bitter by it then folks want to boo him?

LOL!!

Why are folks so bent out of shape over this tribute?

If ANYTHING, I'm certain that when Paul's portion comes up it will be HUGE in comparison to IT's but YET not take anything away from EITHER of them.

I trust the Celtics Organization to do this right.

Danny has already said he doesn't have an issue with this.

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2018, 08:17:38 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I hate the idea of an IT video on Pierce night but the level of criticism towards IT is getting ridiculous.  I understand that hatred towards ex-players isn't uncommon but enough is enough.  Both the media and the fans are choosing to judge IT off of a few immature comments and it bothers me quite a bit.

Many of the IT haters need to take a step back and consider the context.  Do we all forget that IT lost his sister only 8 months ago?  It's impossible for me to know what the grieving process has been like for him but can't we all agree that he deserves some benefit of the doubt in regards to his character?  Do the immature comments really outweigh his contributions over the past 2+ years?  Does anyone actually consider the fact that IT had a bum hip for 6+ months and was unable to use basketball as an outlet during the toughest 6 month stretch of his life?  I'm not wired the same way as IT but that doesn't mean I'm going to judge him.  Notice how his tone changed when he finally came back to the Garden.  Everything was positive the other night.  Are we all confident that we would have handled the same circumstances better?

On a side note, I wont be surprised when the same people bashing IT give Tom Brady a pass for his BS over the past year.  Stories about locking the doors on Jimmy G when he tried to set up an appointment with Alex Guerrero.  We are also hearing that he was over the top with excitement immediately following the trade.  Then there's rumors of discussions with players about Belichick's "negativity".  I'm not taking the ESPN story as gospel but it certainly looks like Belichick is getting the shaft right now.  All I ask is that IT critics remain consistent.  Brady deserves plenty of criticism for pettiness and drama.  The irony is that the player who is easier to relate to on a personal level will end up receiving more criticism.....

BTW, my post isn't necessarily aimed at this forum.  I need to stop listening to 98.5 and 93.7 until the IT thing blows over.  The fans and media are crucifying IT.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:25:17 AM by Green-18 »

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2018, 08:52:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just postpone IT4 night to next season

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2018, 09:26:28 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
IT played for Boston for 2.5 years.  If he was going to get a video it should have been when he first came to town.  If IT didn't want it then, then he shouldn't get one at all and frankly this video tribute stuff is reaching nonsensical levels.  2.5 seasons is not video tribute worthy unless there is at least 1 title and said player was the teams best player.  IT, Crowder, Olynyk, etc. shouldn't be getting video tributes from the C's, and certainly those players shouldn't be able to dictate when and how that video tribute is made.  These guys aren't Pierce or even someone like Allen or Rondo.  They are role players, in the case of the latter two, or a short term all star in the case of the former.  They just weren't important enough in the grand scheme of the Celtics to be treated like royalty.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2018, 10:51:36 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
IT played for Boston for 2.5 years.  If he was going to get a video it should have been when he first came to town.  If IT didn't want it then, then he shouldn't get one at all and frankly this video tribute stuff is reaching nonsensical levels.  2.5 seasons is not video tribute worthy unless there is at least 1 title and said player was the teams best player.  IT, Crowder, Olynyk, etc. shouldn't be getting video tributes from the C's, and certainly those players shouldn't be able to dictate when and how that video tribute is made.  These guys aren't Pierce or even someone like Allen or Rondo.  They are role players, in the case of the latter two, or a short term all star in the case of the former.  They just weren't important enough in the grand scheme of the Celtics to be treated like royalty.

TP! Well said! Well said!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
I think IT's value is slowly getting to where it really belongs: he was great to have for two and a half seasons, and helped the C's become again a solid playoff team, but he is not a Celtics great.

IMO ten years from now, the legacy of Bradley will be greater: he played seven seasons for us and he was the link between the Big Three and the Stevens eras.

In 10 years people will remember AB as much as they do Eric Williams or Ron Mercer.

You think Avery Bradley will be back a 2nd time for Boston?-like Eric Williams
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2018, 11:14:27 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
that's ridiculous

No one gives a crap about the class of fans but the high and mighty. We owe IT NOThing.  Celtics gave him the opportunity to be somebody and he gave us back what?  Flack for trading him and 2 years of playoffs exits.  Then he turns around and makes a disrespectful request as if he deserves anything.  Kick rocks IT and keep on moving.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:25:38 AM by cltc5 »

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2018, 11:17:14 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I think IT's value is slowly getting to where it really belongs: he was great to have for two and a half seasons, and helped the C's become again a solid playoff team, but he is not a Celtics great.

IMO ten years from now, the legacy of Bradley will be greater: he played seven seasons for us and he was the link between the Big Three and the Stevens eras.

In 10 years people will remember AB as much as they do Eric Williams or Ron Mercer.

You can say the same thing, truthfully, about IT.  His one-season blip on the Celtics radar screen will not be an enduring memory, except to you. 

« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2018, 11:19:28 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Roy, I know how much you value IT and I appreciate your dedication.

Having said this, I think your assessment of his value is off. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any chance of you listening to what other ppl have to say, as you have adopted an uncharacteristic close-mindedness on this

My post was about Avery Bradley. Once he’s out of the league, few fans will remember or care about his Celtics legacy.  Nothing against him, but people don’t care about role players who never won titles here.

...which is exactly why no one will remember or care about IT's golden season in Celtics Green. 

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2018, 11:23:51 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
I hate the idea of an IT video on Pierce night but the level of criticism towards IT is getting ridiculous.  I understand that hatred towards ex-players isn't uncommon but enough is enough.  Both the media and the fans are choosing to judge IT off of a few immature comments and it bothers me quite a bit.

Many of the IT haters need to take a step back and consider the context.  Do we all forget that IT lost his sister only 8 months ago?  It's impossible for me to know what the grieving process has been like for him but can't we all agree that he deserves some benefit of the doubt in regards to his character?  Do the immature comments really outweigh his contributions over the past 2+ years?  Does anyone actually consider the fact that IT had a bum hip for 6+ months and was unable to use basketball as an outlet during the toughest 6 month stretch of his life?  I'm not wired the same way as IT but that doesn't mean I'm going to judge him.  Notice how his tone changed when he finally came back to the Garden.  Everything was positive the other night.  Are we all confident that we would have handled the same circumstances better?

On a side note, I wont be surprised when the same people bashing IT give Tom Brady a pass for his BS over the past year.  Stories about locking the doors on Jimmy G when he tried to set up an appointment with Alex Guerrero.  We are also hearing that he was over the top with excitement immediately following the trade.  Then there's rumors of discussions with players about Belichick's "negativity".  I'm not taking the ESPN story as gospel but it certainly looks like Belichick is getting the shaft right now.  All I ask is that IT critics remain consistent.  Brady deserves plenty of criticism for pettiness and drama.  The irony is that the player who is easier to relate to on a personal level will end up receiving more criticism.....

BTW, my post isn't necessarily aimed at this forum.  I need to stop listening to 98.5 and 93.7 until the IT thing blows over.  The fans and media are crucifying IT.

IT has brought this on himself.  Please remember that this is the guy who a couple of weeks ago accused the Celtics organization and its medical staff of lying to him about his hip injury. 

« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2018, 12:01:05 PM »

Offline Joyride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
They should post IT's tribute video on Facebook and Instagram and be done with it.  Save his family the trip of coming to Boston.  #Goodriddance

« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2018, 12:38:21 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
that's ridiculous

Well, go right ahead.

I have a feeling that if you are at the game booing then you will be in a class by yourself - or at least I HOPE you are.

I will when I’m there

« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2018, 12:53:19 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Don't blame PP. That is HIS night.