Author Topic: Pierce: “I’m not sure I want to see ITs video on my night”  (Read 12307 times)

Re: Pierce: “I’m not sure I want to see ITs video on my night”
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2018, 09:46:02 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Time to sod off Isaiah.

You've had your turn

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2018, 09:50:58 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I hope the fans ‘boo’ IT if they do it on pierce’s night

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2018, 10:00:15 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
First of all, they shouldntve set the jersey retirement game on the Celtics-Cavs game. The Cavs are a strong opponent who we are battling for playoff position. Its going to be emotional and it could distract the team. Also the night could be slightly ruined with a loss. IMHO, it wouldve been better against a team like the Lakers who PP had a history with while also being relatively safe.

Second, I think they shouldve done the tribute last night. I mean if you think about it, sure IT requested it be moved, but I don't think it wouldve been a big deal if they went with it anyway.

Now its a mess, and whatever they do it has some negative spin on it. Should they just wait till next season to do it? I mean it looks to be the least divisive option.

PS. I loved what IT brought, and I understand what he meant to us, but personally, I dont like the idea of IT getting a bigger tribute than AB.

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2018, 10:16:20 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Do the Boston Celtics really need a tribute night for a guy who never even made the Finals (and probably would never have made it out of the first round had Rondo not gotten injured last year)?

I suppose it’s a good PR move, but this seems more like something a far less storied franchise would do.

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2018, 10:28:30 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I hope the fans ‘boo’ IT if they do it on pierce’s night
that's ridiculous
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2018, 10:32:23 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I can only imagine what would be said if Rondo had made the same requests after he was traded..lol. Whew. I.T was great for us, but this love affair that’s getting played out in the media is TIRED.

I blame Ainge for even obliging IT’s request...that’s on him. PP mentions Kobe because he seen how the Laker franchise felt about Kobe and fanfare that went with it.  There’s NO WAY the Lakers would have even considered mentioning another player the same night as Kobe’s. It’s totally unfair to call PP selfish.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:37:50 PM by sed522002 »

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2018, 10:37:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Paul deserves to be THE focal attention on  HIS night .

IT deserves recognition,  but not on Pierce Day .

IT should understand , if the roles were reversed he d feel the same.

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2018, 10:53:55 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
IF no other player we raised into the Rafters had to share their night with another player.. Why should Paul..

IT gave us a good year.. PP gave us a HOF Career...  please show the man his proper respects.. 

Its ridiculous we are even having to discuss this.

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2018, 10:57:24 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
IT has an emotional age of about 10 years old.  In my 44 years of living and dying with the Celtics, each and every game, I've never seen any other player in the green uniform who was so resolutely immature. 

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2018, 10:59:48 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
IF no other player we raised into the Rafters had to share their night with another player.. Why should Paul..

I’m not sure if that’s true. Regardless, no other player in Celtics history has received an entire game dedicated to him, either.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2018, 11:04:02 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I’ll assume he’s joking, because I don’t think Pierce is that insecure.

I don't see how it makes him insecure in the slightest. Would you share your wedding day with the announcement of some distant relatives' engagement? It's his night, the entire thing should be about him. Thats not being insecure, it's about respect.

The night isn’t “all about him”, though. I mean, they’re playing a game. Regular parts of that game will still happen: in-game entertainment, highlights, everything you’d expect to see on the Jumbotron. A short video doesn’t seem that obtrusive.

The post-game ceremony is “all about him”. That will be, and should be, all about Pierce.
All this is true, but then the media will give Isaiah at least half of the attention.  National media will go into the Isaiah trade once again, and how he refused the initial video tribute, how he was hurt when he was traded and was mad at Ainge but they have now reconciled... In Boston we will know it's Pierce's day.  But nationally the IT stuff is the more interesting story.  Kardashian style.

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2018, 11:14:50 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I can only imagine what would be said if Rondo had made the same requests after he was traded..lol. Whew. I.T was great for us, but this love affair that’s getting played out in the media is TIRED.

I blame Ainge for even obliging IT’s request...that’s on him. PP mentions Kobe because he seen how the Laker franchise felt about Kobe and fanfare that went with it.  There’s NO WAY the Lakers would have even considered mentioning another player the same night as Kobe’s. It’s totally unfair to call PP selfish.

I agree.

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2018, 11:28:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Its ridiculous we are even having to discuss this.

It is, and it sucks.

IT's already won, simply by interjecting himself. The discussion has become about him, when it should be about Pierce. Apparently IT has no shame. I will not forgive him for this.

I hope the crowd chants Pierce's name if they dare to show an IT tribute video.

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2018, 11:28:20 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Anyone start a petition to get it's tribute moved

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2018, 11:33:38 PM »

Offline TheTruth34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
If anything, IT should request to push this to next year.  Reason being, this is a disservice to IT's own contributions in his brief time as a Celtic.  The focus on that night will be on none other than the future Hall of Famer, Paul Pierce, a.k.a the Truth. 

IT deserves recognition, but it will be painfully overlooked on an occasion where #34 heads to the rafters.