Author Topic: Pierce: “I’m not sure I want to see ITs video on my night”  (Read 12355 times)

Re: Pierce: “I’m not sure I want to see ITs video on my night”
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2018, 10:39:17 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Ed and Bob, and Tommy and Bill were teammates for many years.

Macauley and Cousy played one season together.  There was no real reason for them to share a ceremony, but neither as far as I can tell complained.

It’s amazing to me that Pierce can’t give up 3 minutes of the spotlight. It’s very anti-Ubuntu and contrary to “Celtics Pride”.  I expected more from him.

Is he going to pout if Tatum hits a buzzer beater, especially if they show it on the Jumbotron? It’s all about Pierce, after all.

You sure about that? Looks like they played 6 seasons together, but maybe basketball-reference.com is wrong...

Both were all-stars every season they were teammates. They just didn’t win a title together.

Yeah, my bad.

Maybe we should just retire Antoine’s number on February 11 to keep with precedent.

Fake news alert. 

« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2018, 11:15:17 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Ed and Bob, and Tommy and Bill were teammates for many years.

Macauley and Cousy played one season together.  There was no real reason for them to share a ceremony, but neither as far as I can tell complained.

It’s amazing to me that Pierce can’t give up 3 minutes of the spotlight. It’s very anti-Ubuntu and contrary to “Celtics Pride”.  I expected more from him.

Is he going to pout if Tatum hits a buzzer beater, especially if they show it on the Jumbotron? It’s all about Pierce, after all.

You sure about that? Looks like they played 6 seasons together, but maybe basketball-reference.com is wrong...

Both were all-stars every season they were teammates. They just didn’t win a title together.

Yeah, my bad.

Maybe we should just retire Antoine’s number on February 11 to keep with precedent.

Roy I really don't get why you keep harping on Pierce. We really don't owe Isaiah Thomas anything.. sure the trade is messed up, but if you wanna talk about someone like Pierce being insecure, then it's only fair the same logic applies to IT.

Why is the trade  messed up?

After Len Bias (overdose) Larry Bird (back) Kevin McHale (foot) Bill Walton (body) Reggie Lewis
(heart)-Boston made a decision that it could not risk its future on an undersized, scoring guard who was injured and wanted MAX money.  In return they got, KYRIE break ya ankles" Irving , who has led the young Celtics to a top 2 record in the league for the majority of this season -
 something that Isaiah was never able to do in his entire time here
. Good trade.

The more I see of Kyrie, the more I love the trade.
I miss IT  and  am grateful for his Celtic tenure. I wish him well.

There, fixed that for you :)

I mean honestly, the way I see it, there are only three criteria you can use to determine whether a team won a trade. 

1) Did you get a better player in the trade then you gave up
2) Did your team improve as a result of the trade in the present time?
3) Did your team's long term potential improve as a result of the trade?

For Boston the answer to all three of those questions is an EMPHATIC yes.  We got the better player, we improved out record/standing among the league, and we got younger and improved our future potential dramatically.

Looking at out trade partner, the Cavs got the worse player, they got worse as a team, and their long term potential stayed the same (at best). 

So this trade was not only a win for Boston, it was an absolute HOME RUN.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:23:03 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2018, 12:53:53 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Yeah I’m doubting this will be an issue now