Author Topic: Elfrid Paytons hair causes him to airball floater  (Read 2952 times)

Re: Elfrid Paytons hair causes him to airball floater
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 07:21:03 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
finally a legit reason to cut it

Finally? A mirror was as legit a reason as he should ever need.

Inarguably the worst hairstyle in the NBA today. Just terrible.

in the NBA? surely, like 100%

in the sport world, probably top 5

In the world top 10

it is disrespectful to the game IMHO, it looks terrible, it affects your play and the opposition players.

I like his game, but the hair has to go in order for me to consider him a serious player

Why would it be disrespectful to the game, or why would he have to cut to in order for you to take him seriously as a player? From what I can tell, his game as improved every year since he's been in the league. If his hair had a legitimately negative impact on his game I think he'd cut it.

Just the fact that he's in the NBA would make me take him seriously as a basketball player. Something as trivial as his hair style shouldn't affect that at all imo.

Because the first thing everybody says seeing him for the first time is like, what is that?
The first thing everybody is talking about is your hair...that is just not professional.
Like i said, everybody has its own opinion and life choices, but the kid would do himself a major one by getting that thing trimed
Nobody can or should force him to cut it, but they should require him to tie it back...Joakim Noah, DeMarrre Carroll, Jae Crowder, Steven Adams...you get the picture.

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 07:20:08 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

I'm sure he thinks he's discovered a "cool" trademark, with that mate of hair hanging in front of his face.

If I were the owner of that team, he'd either cut that ridiculous looking thing hanging in front of his face or be gone.

If I remember properly, he and his high school vars team made a vow not to cut their hair until they won a high school championship. They didn't win it so he never cut his hair. I actually think it's cool. Sort of like a momento of his former teammates. Maybe he'll cut it if he gets a ring?

Lol I'd let him grow it out, it's just hair.

If it's hindering his game, and I'm paying him...it's gone or he is.

He's a professional basketball, he has a responsibility to the organization that pays him to be the best he can be. This isn't the MTV awards, the hair looks dumb. 

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 07:33:10 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

I'm sure he thinks he's discovered a "cool" trademark, with that mate of hair hanging in front of his face.

If I were the owner of that team, he'd either cut that ridiculous looking thing hanging in front of his face or be gone.

If I remember properly, he and his high school vars team made a vow not to cut their hair until they won a high school championship. They didn't win it so he never cut his hair. I actually think it's cool. Sort of like a momento of his former teammates. Maybe he'll cut it if he gets a ring?

Lol I'd let him grow it out, it's just hair.

If it's hindering his game, and I'm paying him...it's gone or he is.

He's a professional basketball, he has a responsibility to the organization that pays him to be the best he can be. This isn't the MTV awards, the hair looks dumb.

The tweet was a joke. I don't feel like Payton would deliberately play with something that's genuinely hurting his game. If he feels it's a legitimate hindrance I think he'd cut it.

Aesthetically I'm indifferent to it. Would I let my hair get that wild? Nah, but this is a league where players have tattoos on their faces, gang tattoos on their necks, and wear Russell Westbrook outfits. Not that I think any of those are problems, but when considering the totality of the "NBA look", his hair really isn't too far out there.

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 07:54:16 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
It's a reverse mullet. Party in the front and business in the back.