Author Topic: IT Returns Tonight vs Blazers...Out Wednesday vs Celtics (merged)  (Read 13227 times)

Re: IT Returns Tonight vs Blazers...Out Wednesday vs Celtics (merged)
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2018, 12:29:48 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
He's gone too far.  He had one great season and now he thinks he's the greatest Celtic of all time and can inject himself into Paul Pierce day.  They should play it tonight and just get him over with. 

« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2018, 12:33:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I love IT and what he did for us.

But he's honestly sounding like an arrogant guy here. You're really going to tell me the Cavaliers and IT aren't aware that February 11 is Paul Pierce's night at the Garden???

And instead of having his debut vs. Boston, you chose to do it against Portland and then sit him out against Boston? LOL.

Isaiah, you can't just fly your family over to Boston to see the tribute tonight?

Nope, not buying that excuse.  :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2018, 12:35:03 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The Celtics offered to fly his family to Boston to see a tribute of his time on the Celtics. What does IT do? He turned them down. Seriously?

What a bitter child! He didn't get his way now he's pouting like a 6-year-old. 

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2018, 12:51:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I agree wholeheartedly with his decision to change his debut date and ask for the tribute to be changed to that date.

He wants to actually be PLAYING in the tribute game. Not his fault that the Paul Pierce retirement is the same date and I don't believe he is doing this to slight PP OR BOS...

That is not him.

I also agree with CLE's decision to SIT him last night. Dude would've went all out on a back-back night, against US, which would've been a risk.

Isaiah will have plenty more opportunities to kick our keesters in the future and he knows this.

I love the guy.

Signed - Diehard Celtics Fan.

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2018, 01:13:00 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Ive never heard of a player ask for their tribute to be moved. Just seems like an arrogant way to go about things. I mean, it’s a gift being given to you. The C’s didn’t have to do it but they’re doing it nonetheless as a sign of good faith and respect.
- LilRip

« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2018, 01:24:40 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I know one game with IT is a very small sample size but I have a feeling that he's going to get his Brinks or close to it.

If he doesn't get it with CLE then he'll get it somewhere else.

Too early and no max

20 million x 4 is my prediction

Oh my I hope he doesn't read CelticsBlog....

He'll surely use some of this stuff as bulletin board material...

I can't see anyone paying him less than 25 mil per..

Look I'm an IT fanboy so I'm a bit biased. But I don't see anyone paying him less than 25 mil..
who are these mysterious teams that are going to pay Thomas a bunch of money?

One of the easiest questions ever posed to me on CelticsBlog.

Answer - Teams that want to WIN.

Teams that want a high-character, gritty, chip on his shoulder type of player.

Teams that want a PROVEN leader - in the locker room and on the court.

Teams that want a me-against-the-world type of player.

Teams that want a 2nd-team All-NBA player and 2x All-Star.

Teams that want a player that ELEVATES his game in the Post-Season - even though he was the primary offensive option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39gFgeisYlA

Teams that want to build a CHAMPION - ready to win right now.

Teams that WANT their leader to play through broken teeth, family passing away and giving his heart and soul to the team and the city - playing through tears.

Give ME an NBA team I'd sign him ASAP.

Funny thing is, you didn't answer his question at all, and by doing so, gave hide take more credence.

Are you Moranis? I wasn't talking to you.

And what is this? A New language structure?

You are on a public forum. You are talking to all of us.

Relpying on my 0hone, and that stuff happens.

I am going to guess that instead of answering the question with am assctual team, you just dogged on what was obviously a typo, I will just assume you don't know of any acctual teams than cam and will offer IT  full max.

« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2018, 01:27:29 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
I know one game with IT is a very small sample size but I have a feeling that he's going to get his Brinks or close to it.

Too early and no max

Look I'm an IT fanboy so I'm a bit biased. But I don't see anyone paying him less than 25 mil..

Ok I'll put away the IT Fanboyism for a minute and answer your question.

After reading through some responses here I'd have to agree with those who mentioned CLE as where IT signs and remains.

This is also depending on what happens with LeBron staying or going.

I also wouldn't put it past a few other teams to sign him. The NBA can be too fluid at times with changing rosters and opportunities for someone like IT can open up rather quickly.

I believe IT will get a Brinks or something close to it and it will be on a competitive team.

And still, not one team outside of his current team given.

« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2018, 01:28:06 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
I love IT and what he did for us.

But he's honestly sounding like an arrogant guy here. You're really going to tell me the Cavaliers and IT aren't aware that February 11 is Paul Pierce's night at the Garden???

And instead of having his debut vs. Boston, you chose to do it against Portland and then sit him out against Boston? LOL.

Isaiah, you can't just fly your family over to Boston to see the tribute tonight?

Nope, not buying that excuse.  :(

I completely agree.

I am beginning to feel it was all intentional, and that just seems below the IT I remember.

« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2018, 01:31:54 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I agree wholeheartedly with his decision to change his debut date and ask for the tribute to be changed to that date.

He wants to actually be PLAYING in the tribute game. Not his fault that the Paul Pierce retirement is the same date and I don't believe he is doing this to slight PP OR BOS...

That is not him.

I also agree with CLE's decision to SIT him last night. Dude would've went all out on a back-back night, against US, which would've been a risk.

Isaiah will have plenty more opportunities to kick our keesters in the future and he knows this.

I love the guy.

Well said. I'm disappointed in some of the comments here. IT doesn't strike me as feeling he's entitled. IT also helped speed up the Cs rebuilding process dramatically.

« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2018, 01:33:32 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

That is not him.

I love the guy.

Why not just sit him against Por and play against us?

« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2018, 01:36:27 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

That is not him.

I love the guy.

Portland was a home game. Makes more sense for his first game to be in your facility with your full staff on hand.

Plus, you don't want him extending himself to stick it to his old team first day back. Makes the most sense to play it they way  they did
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2018, 01:43:58 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
At this point, we should just do him how Cleveland did Kyrie. "We had a video, but designated it for a floating moment and the moment just never presented itself."
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2018, 01:44:16 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

That is not him.

I love the guy.

Portland was a home game. Makes more sense for his first game to be in your facility with your full staff on hand.

Plus, you don't want him extending himself to stick it to his old team first day back. Makes the most sense to play it they way  they did

That is a decent reason, I didn't think of that.

I still am feeling like this wasn't handled well by IT at all. No offense to him, but he isn't in Paul's class.

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2018, 01:54:39 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

That is not him.

I love the guy.

That is a decent reason, I didn't think of that.

I still am feeling like this wasn't handled well by IT at all. No offense to him, but he isn't in Paul's class.

Sports are like that...sometimes the best intentions can be misconstrued. Sometimes our favorite players do forgettable things.

I remember the playoffs back in the early 2000's with PP and Toine - in Indy. Paul and Toine were so upset with the officiating then that Paul Pierce wore a fake bandage on his forehead during a press conference.

Not our best times, then but Paul is STILL The Truth, to me, and a future HOFer.

All of this will blow over.

IT will get his tribute, his brinks (or close to it), compete on a good team - for banners, hopefully.

BOS will compete for Banners for the next 5-8 years, with Kyrie, GH and Big Al, hopefully.

All good.

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2018, 01:56:11 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Too early and no max

Ok I'll put away the IT Fanboyism for a minute and answer your question.

After reading through some responses here I'd have to agree with those who mentioned CLE as where IT signs and remains.

This is also depending on what happens with LeBron staying or going.

I also wouldn't put it past a few other teams to sign him. The NBA can be too fluid at times with changing rosters and opportunities for someone like IT can open up rather quickly.

I believe IT will get a Brinks or something close to it and it will be on a competitive team.

And still, not one team outside of his current team given.

Actually - I was thinking this morning that perhaps the Clips could be a good landing spot for him. I don't know the salary cap issues they may have but he seems like a good fit there, to me.