Author Topic: IT Returns Tonight vs Blazers...Out Wednesday vs Celtics (merged)  (Read 13221 times)

Re: IT Returns Tonight vs Blazers...Out Wednesday vs Celtics (merged)
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 02:18:24 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Thomas asks Celtics to not honor him with video tribute on Wednesday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752044-isaiah-thomas-requested-not-to-be-honored-by-celtics-with-video-tribute?share=other

Don't honor him at all then. Boo him when he walks in. I don't tolerate whiners with a big ego behavior. It's what many players do whenever they follow LeBron James.

I think he wanted them to postpone it so he can be honored when he plays against the Celtics the next time he is in Boston

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 02:29:45 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752044-isaiah-thomas-requested-not-to-be-honored-by-celtics-with-video-tribute?share=other

Don't honor him at all then. Boo him when he walks in. I don't tolerate whiners with a big ego behavior. It's what many players do whenever they follow LeBron James.

I think he wanted them to postpone it so he can be honored when he plays against the Celtics the next time he is in Boston

Nope not in my books. That's PP34 night to me!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 02:41:39 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Everything about IT has been rubbing me the wrong way since he got traded. He thought he was untouchable but got humbled in front of the league, now he's salty.

C's should do one anyway.

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 03:02:37 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I love Thomas but he's no Paul pierce.

If he doesn't want the video tonight, then I say no video.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 03:05:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Look forward to watching him tonight vs PTB. 

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 03:11:36 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

If he’s going to be on the sidelines, they should do it tomorrow. No reason not to do it the first time he is in the building.

Didn’t the TWolves do that with KG? I may be misremembering, but KG didn’t suit up his first time back and they had their tribute with him in street clothes.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2018, 03:35:59 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

If he’s going to be on the sidelines, they should do it tomorrow. No reason not to do it the first time he is in the building.

Didn’t the TWolves do that with KG? I may be misremembering, but KG didn’t suit up his first time back and they had their tribute with him in street clothes.

You are correct. KG did not play in the tribute game.

Mike

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2018, 03:38:20 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Mike
He didn't play, but I'm pretty sure he suited up, because the crowd just kept chanting, "We want KG".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2018, 03:43:22 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Isaiah is all about Isaiah, isn't he?

Also, he ain't getting style points by bad-mouthing fans on Twitter. Wow.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2018, 03:47:00 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Mike
He didn't play, but I'm pretty sure he suited up, because the crowd just kept chanting, "We want KG".

I really do not recall KG ever suiting up if he wasn’t playing, he wouldn’t even sit on the sidelines (except the 2009 playoffs).

I vaguely remember him in a black peacoat-ish jacket saluting the crowd and watching the tribute.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2018, 04:07:23 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Mike

I really do not recall KG ever suiting up if he wasn’t playing, he wouldn’t even sit on the sidelines (except the 2009 playoffs).

I vaguely remember him in a black peacoat-ish jacket saluting the crowd and watching the tribute.
That was his first return to MN with the Celtics.

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Isaiah is all about Isaiah, isn't he?

It's his tribute, it's inherently about him and the team. If they mutually agree on a time I don't see a problem with it.  Would rather it not overlap with Paul Pierce night but no biggie if it does.

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2018, 04:52:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
It's his tribute, it's inherently about him and the team. If they mutually agree on a time I don't see a problem with it.  Would rather it not overlap with Paul Pierce night but no biggie if it does.
I thought the fans figured somewhere in the equation. Silly me.

If this is just between him and the team, I guess they can just send him a DVD when they're done or something?

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2018, 07:24:45 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
IT on the court now.

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2018, 07:26:42 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
IT on the court now.

It's going to take some time for IT and Lebron to get used to sharing the court. IT still has that ball dominant mentality