Author Topic: IT Returns Tonight vs Blazers...Out Wednesday vs Celtics (merged)  (Read 13214 times)

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
 Dave McMenamin‏Verified account @mcten

Isaiah Thomas will make his season debut Tuesday vs POR, per Ty Lue. He'll come off the bench and be under a minute restriction. He will not play vs BOS.

I'm glad they did this. Cavs play here again in February and he should be fully healthy then (if at all).

Re: IT out for Weds.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 02:54:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Next time Cle comes to Boston is Pierce's jersey retirement
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 03:29:31 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I'm glad also,He might hurt himself by pushing too soon

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 04:45:46 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Next time Cle comes to Boston is Pierce's jersey retirement

whole buncha drama that night.

IT Returns Tonight vs Blazers...Out Wednesday vs Celtics (merged)
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 10:24:32 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 12:34:04 PM by Redz »

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 10:48:27 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Gotta imagine he makes the trip tomorrow and they do the tribute then. I think an IT tribute on Pierce night would be poor form.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 11:25:09 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Gotta imagine he makes the trip tomorrow and they do the tribute then. I think an IT tribute on Pierce night would be poor form.
what tribute? i had not heard of any special ceremony being put on for IT. i hope they do it, i just have not heard of it.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 11:33:53 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
what tribute? i had not heard of any special ceremony being put on for IT. i hope they do it, i just have not heard of it.

You have to think it's the standard video tribute they do for ex players during timeouts. Or in between quarters. He'll get a standard 1-3 minute standing O from the garden faithful and that will be it. There is no way the Celtics won't do anything for him.
That being said I just don't want it to happen on PP's night, lets make that night about him. Loved what IT did for the Celtics but in no way should he be honored during the same night as The Truth. They never even played together.

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 11:41:34 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't give a rat's arse whether a player on a rival team might hurt himself by pushing too soon.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

You have to think it's the standard video tribute they do for ex players during timeouts. Or in between quarters. He'll get a standard 1-3 minute standing O from the garden faithful and that will be it. There is no way the Celtics won't do anything for him.
That being said I just don't want it to happen on PP's night, lets make that night about him. Loved what IT did for the Celtics but in no way should he be honored during the same night as The Truth. They never even played together.
Loved IT when has was on the C's, but honestly, he had one great season and the team didn't even win the East.  I see no reason for any kind of tribute.  Standing O would be fine tho, IMO.

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 12:05:02 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Loved IT when has was on the C's, but honestly, he had one great season and the team didn't even win the East.  I see no reason for any kind of tribute.  Standing O would be fine tho, IMO.
Didn't Bradley get a video?

IT will get one.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Re: IT Returns Tonight vs Blazers...Out Wednesday vs Celtics (merged)
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 12:47:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
the minutes restriction is under 12 minutes.  IT is barely going to play against Portland tonight.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 12:53:30 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Didn't Bradley get a video?

IT will get one.

Bradley has been the longest tenured Celtic after Rondo left. He certainly deserves it more than IT.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 01:24:13 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I don't give a rat's arse whether a player on a rival team might hurt himself by pushing too soon.

8)
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

Re: IT Returns Tonight vs Blazers...Out Wednesday vs Celtics (merged)
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 02:17:20 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Thomas asks Celtics to not honor him with video tribute on Wednesday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752044-isaiah-thomas-requested-not-to-be-honored-by-celtics-with-video-tribute?share=other

Don't honor him at all then. Boo him when he walks in. I don't tolerate whiners with a big ego behavior. It's what many players do whenever they follow LeBron James.

And I sure as hell don't want him to overtake Paul Pierce's night.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)