Author Topic: Report: Lakers and Celtics discussed trade for Avery Bradley, Julius Randle  (Read 5683 times)

Re: Report: Lakers and Celtics discussed trade for Avery Bradley, Julius Randle
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 08:17:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
 I don't understand the point of discussing this potential trade lol. At one point, the Celtics discussed trading rondo and ray allen for billups and prince. Does it matter? It never happened. Neither did this randle trade. I'm sure there were 1000 potential trades over the last year that didn't work out

Re: Report: Lakers and Celtics discussed trade for Avery Bradley, Julius Randle
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/12/30/julius-randle-offered-boston-potential-avery-bradley-trade/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This past summer. Wow, I'd have to think about that. Randle and a second-rounder. But ultimately, Ainge wanted Larry Nance Jr and they didn't wanna give him up.

"The Lakers were willing to offer a package centered on Randle and a second rounder, but the Danny Ainge apparently preferred Larry Nance Jr., considering he isn’t a free agent until two summers from now, whereas Randle would have to get paid in only a few months"

Fake news.  Randle was never in the discussion.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd rather have Randle and a 2nd then Morris (and giving up a 2nd) as Randle has a higher ceiling and I never considered Boston a true title contender this year such that Morris would have made more sense.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd rather have Randle and a 2nd then Morris (and giving up a 2nd) as Randle has a higher ceiling and I never considered Boston a true title contender this year such that Morris would have made more sense.

I think the big plus in Morris’ favor is the one extra year before free agency.  It’s better to have Morris next year, rather than see Randle leave or pay him what he’s likely to demand.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I think the big plus in Morris’ favor is the one extra year before free agency.  It’s better to have Morris next year, rather than see Randle leave or pay him what he’s likely to demand.
maybe bit who knows what Randle will actually command

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

He’ll command upwards of 15 mill a year

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

people have been saying that aboit Smart also. I just don't see any team giving Randle that kind of money

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

people have been saying that aboit Smart also. I just don't see any team giving Randle that kind of money

Yeah, this blog is often way off on it's estimates of what a player will command.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

It'll be interesting. He's got a lot of NBA level skill but he doesn't shoot 3's or protect the rim. 20 years ago he'd be a perfect PF but in today's game he's not. So what team out there is going to open their wallet for a center who doesn't protect the rim?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Danny knew he had to trade Bradley to make the Hayward deal work.  It is not surprising that he considered all options.  Apparently, he liked the Morris deal.  I agree.  I don't think we have seen the best of Morris yet this year and I couldn't care less about the 2nd round pick.

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

It'll be interesting. He's got a lot of NBA level skill but he doesn't shoot 3's or protect the rim. 20 years ago he'd be a perfect PF but in today's game he's not. So what team out there is going to open their wallet for a center who doesn't protect the rim?

I never really thought of Randle as a center but the top 14 5 man units for the Lakers has Randle at center before you start seeing Lopez’s name and Randle at power forward. 

I’ve seen him start taking some 3’s.  Maybe he will develop the shot someday.  Horford started taking them late in his career.  Look at Tyreke Evans this this year. Lol There is hope that part of his game could develop. 

A little bit of a bad taste with him though.  He wouldn’t work out for us during the pre draft time.

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

I never really thought of Randle as a center but the top 14 5 man units for the Lakers has Randle at center before you start seeing Lopez’s name and Randle at power forward. 

I’ve seen him start taking some 3’s.  Maybe he will develop the shot someday.  Horford started taking them late in his career.  Look at Tyreke Evans this this year. Lol There is hope that part of his game could develop. 

A little bit of a bad taste with him though.  He wouldn’t work out for us during the pre draft time.

Randle should use Kevin Love as a model for his career, they have pretty similar size and both possess rare touch around the rim. Maybe with less 3PA but more drives and post scoring.

Key to that though would be developing legitimate range, Randle's game with 3 point range is the difference between a starter on a playoff contender and a fringe NBA player.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Randle should use Kevin Love as a model for his career, they have pretty similar size and both possess rare touch around the rim. Maybe with less 3PA but more drives and post scoring.

Key to that though would be developing legitimate range, Randle's game with 3 point range is the difference between a starter on a playoff contender and a fringe NBA player.
Randle and Kevin Love are so so different.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
If I'm Randle, Clarkson, McDermott, or Smart, I'd look at Phoenix. The next crop of stars are here. It's a good next step for fringe starters that desire a higher salary then their current teams are willing to offer... Booker needs some teammates and Phoenix seems like a good opportunity for young players to expand their roles. A quick flight to LA... Not sure what Phoenix's financial situation is but it seems like a logical landing spot for those 2014 draftees.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Randle is no less of a 'fringe NBA player' than Marcus Smart.  He's played very well this year and helped the Lakers not be as completely god awful as they could be, has rebounded very well and looked aggressive scoring the ball at times.  I didn't think much of him before this year but watching Lakers games, he's turned himself into a pretty good player.  Much better than the average player getting dangled essentially for free, and way better than a fringe NBA player.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07