Author Topic: Report: Lakers and Celtics discussed trade for Avery Bradley, Julius Randle  (Read 5686 times)

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/12/30/julius-randle-offered-boston-potential-avery-bradley-trade/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This past summer. Wow, I'd have to think about that. Randle and a second-rounder. But ultimately, Ainge wanted Larry Nance Jr and they didn't wanna give him up.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
The Lakers were willing to offer a package centered on Randle and a second rounder, but the Danny Ainge apparently preferred Larry Nance Jr., considering he isn’t a free agent until two summers from now, whereas Randle would have to get paid in only a few months.

Interesting. What would this team be like right now with Randle instead of Morris? Or what if the Lakers had relented and the C's had Nance instead of Morris?

Very interesting. TP for the find.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I like Randle a lot. Made a post about him as a potential DPE target a week or two ago.

Ultimately, AB on the Lakers would suck. Hed make them a lot better and seeing him in those colors would be gross.

Plus, I think Morris is a better player than Randle and Morris has a more desirable contract situation.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Whew. As a result, they got KCP and are stuck with his terrible shot selection.  ;D

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Think Danny did the right thing in trying to land Nance Jr. instead. Love that kid's game. Think I would rather have him for the next couple of years on a bargain contract than Morris.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I like Randle a lot. Made a post about him as a potential DPE target a week or two ago.

Ultimately, AB on the Lakers would suck. Hed make them a lot better and seeing him in those colors would be gross.

Plus, I think Morris is a better player than Randle and Morris has a more desirable contract situation.
AB would be the perfect cover for Lonzo. Ugh, that's a bad image.

Glad we didn't do this
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Whew. As a result, they got KCP and are stuck with his terrible shot selection.  ;D

alot of lakers fans don't like KCP ,  and want to unload him in the worst way.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’m sure Danny didn’t want to help the Lakers since we own their pick.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Let's make the Lakers offense even worse and offer them Marcus Smart for Randle. One extra year of cost control for Randle who would be a solid bench addition. Lakers can re-sign Smart if they want or just free more $$$ for their FA splash. They end up finishing at the bottom of the standings having two of the worst shooting % guards in Ball/Smart, securing better odds at the 2018 pick conveying.

We then use the DPE on Lou Williams or Tyreke, to cover lost G minutes from trading Smart, and replace his defense, with a much needed scoring option from the bench. Williams and Evans are also both capable for spot starts throughout the season.

Randle does create a bit of a logjam in minutes between Theiss, Morris, Semi, Yabu (who rarely plays anyway), but having him under contract for the extra season also preps for likely losing Baynes next year. Also makes Morris much more expendable in a trade considering his solid contract/production is appealing.

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Let's make the Lakers offense even worse and offer them Marcus Smart for Randle. One extra year of cost control for Randle who would be a solid bench addition. Lakers can re-sign Smart if they want or just free more $$$ for their FA splash. They end up finishing at the bottom of the standings having two of the worst shooting % guards in Ball/Smart, securing better odds at the 2018 pick conveying.

We then use the DPE on Lou Williams or Tyreke, to cover lost G minutes from trading Smart, and replace his defense, with a much needed scoring option from the bench. Williams and Evans are also both capable for spot starts throughout the season.

Randle does create a bit of a logjam in minutes between Theiss, Morris, Semi, Yabu (who rarely plays anyway), but having him under contract for the extra season also preps for likely losing Baynes next year. Also makes Morris much more expendable in a trade considering his solid contract/production is appealing.

Tho Theis and Randle are small to play Center, I don’t think it would create a logjam. Morris doesn’t play big and we need a 4th big to go with Al, Baynes and Theis. Not sure we’d trade Smart tho...
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Re: Report: Lakers and Celtics discussed trade for Avery Bradley, Julius Randle
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 05:48:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Remember we didn't even have that pick until about 6 weeks after we agreed to trade Bradley for Morris, so that had nothing to do with it.

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 05:53:33 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Let's make the Lakers offense even worse and offer them Marcus Smart for Randle. One extra year of cost control for Randle who would be a solid bench addition.

Have you seen Randle play? The guy is a ballstopper that does not impact winning. He doesn't defend, loves to go coast-to-coast off rebounds, is a black hole on offense, has no range, and makes some jaw-dropping decisions.

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 05:54:27 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

???

Handle and smart are both in the same FA situation this year.

What extra year of control are you referring to?

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 06:05:49 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
My bad! Totally thought Randle had an additional year from an option. My mistake.

Still think it's a solid move.

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 08:08:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Remember we didn't even have that pick until about 6 weeks after we agreed to trade Bradley for Morris, so that had nothing to do with it.

How so?

We got the conditional Lakers pick on June 17.

We made the Bradley trade on July 7.

I think you’re incorporating the Kyrie trade, which didn’t influence the Lakers pick at all.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes