Author Topic: I知 a Smart hater  (Read 24269 times)

Re: I知 a Smart hater
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2017, 12:38:26 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
umm smart is the 3rd best player on this team.

I think he shouldn't have plays run for him on the offensive end and hate the amount of times he takes a shot in a game when a much better offensive option like tatum is usually on the floor at the same time.

but as bad as he is offensively, he is our 3rd best player. if someone really needs convincing of this maybe watch a game or 2.
There are people that watch the games regularly that say publicly that Marcus Smart is a better basketball player than Tatum or a healthy Jaylen? Or Horford?

Rozier I can absolutely understand. But those guys?

Marcus is certainly a better player than either Jaylen or Jaysen right now.

1 is Kyrie, 2 is Horford, 3 is Smart.

If Gordon were healthy he would push Marcus to 4.

What are you trying to say?
I am saying I am in shock that anyone would ever suggest that Smart is even borderline in the same league as Tatum or Jaylen.  Better defender? Maybe.

Tatum is going to play in many many all star games. Jaylen could easily make a couple.

Smart won't ever get near one unless some sort of bizarre scenario happens. I mean Wally Z and Jameer Nelson both made one so maybe he could make one, maybe. Maybe. But probably not.

I don't think that anyone is making the point about potential. I think we're talking about today.
If you want to talk about today.....offense wins games and Rozier had the same number of points in 14 less minutes on better shooting and had one less rebounds and zero TOs.

Got no credit.

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2017, 07:03:46 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I am saying I am in shock that anyone would ever suggest that Smart is even borderline in the same league as Tatum or Jaylen.  Better defender? Maybe.

sorry, but if you think it's questionable that smart is our best defender you shouldn't really be taken seriously anymore.

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2017, 08:24:50 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Smart certainly won the game for us against Houston yesterday by using the time honored technique of being aggressive on D and selling the retaliation  to the refs. 

That being said Tatum is a way better offensive player and you my friend need to discover something called stats that prove this beyond measure.

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2017, 08:26:00 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Upon reflection brought on by you guys I have come to a conclusion about my relationship with Marcus Smart.

I'm not a Smart hater. I like Smart. I want him to do well. All the time. I'm even a tad conflicted about what exactly I want for his future.

What I hate is the Smart adoration. The Smart love. The Smart free passes. He is absolutely one of the most beloved Boston athletes. The love for Smart is almost Gronkish.

I just don't get that. Gronk is the finest TE that ever played.  Smart is nothing like that.

Smart is a very high effort guy who therefore draws very tough (almost unfair) assignments and has great timing.

But I don't begrudge the Smart love. I liked Eric Montross a lot. He's my avatar on another page. I think I begrudge the Smart worship. Especially if I think it's coming at the expense of other players who I think are doing more. But it's a free country.

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2017, 08:53:23 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm a Smart hater and still am!

I think you guys are giving him way to much credit for those last 2 calls and instead should be giving it to the ref who finally had the courage to make the right calls against a guy that pushes off on every play!

I'll keep saying it Smart is a decent role player when he plays within his abilities. Unfortunately WAY to often he tries to play above his abilities which always hurts the team.

Traded at the trade deadline if anyone will pony up something of value for him.

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2017, 09:00:37 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

I think you guys are giving him way to much credit for those last 2 calls and instead should be giving it to the ref who finally had the courage to make the right calls against a guy that pushes off on every play!

I'll keep saying it Smart is a decent role player when he plays within his abilities. Unfortunately WAY to often he tries to play above his abilities which always hurts the team.

just name me one player all time that has earned not one, but two offensive fouls, therefor steals, on a lead MVP candidate in the last 15 sec of the game with the game on the line.

smart is a flawed player, and maybe gone via trade, but this kid wins games.

i have been his biggest fan from day one, and until he retires.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2017, 09:01:24 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Nonsense.  They teach all basketball players at the lowest levels on the need to sell offensive fouls.  How many charges are called when a defender stays standing?  Zero.

That is all defensive positioning, instinct, and his ability to foul/annoy people to the point that they elbow him to the ground.

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2017, 09:14:48 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Nonsense.  They teach all basketball players at the lowest levels on the need to sell offensive fouls.  How many charges are called when a defender stays standing?  Zero.

That is all defensive positioning, instinct, and his ability to foul/annoy people to the point that they elbow him to the ground.

No it's not. Watch next game Smart aka Stupid will foul a 3 point shooter at the end of the game and we will lose because of it. If you go back and watch all the games this year I bet you will easily see for every great play Stupid makes he makes a horrible one. Even worse what I have noticed is he compounds his Stupid plays. Meaning he will come down on the offensive end make a horrible turnover, realizing he screwed up he will race down and foul a jump shooter. Turning 30 seconds into a 4 point swing for the other team. He does this constantly, constantly!!!!

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

No it's not. Watch next game Smart aka Stupid will foul a 3 point shooter at the end of the game and we will lose because of it. If you go back and watch all the games this year I bet you will easily see for every great play Stupid makes he makes a horrible one. Even worse what I have noticed is he compounds his Stupid plays. Meaning he will come down on the offensive end make a horrible turnover, realizing he screwed up he will race down and foul a jump shooter. Turning 30 seconds into a 4 point swing for the other team. He does this constantly, constantly!!!!

Yet Stevens still plays him starter minutes. Wonder if Coach calls him stupid too? Nah, you obviously know more than him.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2017, 09:28:39 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

Come on.  The nickname is juvenile.

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2017, 09:40:28 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Upon reflection brought on by you guys I have come to a conclusion about my relationship with Marcus Smart.

I'm not a Smart hater. I like Smart. I want him to do well. All the time. I'm even a tad conflicted about what exactly I want for his future.

What I hate is the Smart adoration. The Smart love. The Smart free passes. He is absolutely one of the most beloved Boston athletes. The love for Smart is almost Gronkish.

I just don't get that. Gronk is the finest TE that ever played.  Smart is nothing like that.

Smart is a very high effort guy who therefore draws very tough (almost unfair) assignments and has great timing.

But I don't begrudge the Smart love. I liked Eric Montross a lot. He's my avatar on another page. I think I begrudge the Smart worship. Especially if I think it's coming at the expense of other players who I think are doing more. But it's a free country.
This statement does not feel true to me in any way.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2017, 09:45:06 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Yet Stevens still plays him starter minutes. Wonder if Coach calls him stupid too? Nah, you obviously know more than him.

Well we don't have much of a bench so take that it into account. Otherwise I'm calling it like I see it and would be happy to have someone start keeping an unbiased watch on this. Watch the game through unbiased eyes and I'm willing to bet you will find out I'm right.

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2017, 09:46:25 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Come on.  The nickname is juvenile.

Great addition to the conversation I'll take your 2 cents and give them to Goodwill! ::)

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2017, 09:51:47 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
This might have been the national moment that Smart needed to finally get some All-NBA Defense attention. With all his flaws, I don't think there's another player I would less want to try and score against.

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2017, 09:53:29 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Smart certainly won the game for us against Houston yesterday by using the time honored technique of being aggressive on D and selling the retaliation  to the refs. 

That being said Tatum is a way better offensive player and you my friend need to discover something called stats that prove this beyond measure.

?

Tatum is a better offensive player than Marcus.

There is more to the game than just offense, and Marcus is clearly the more impactful player, in terms of winning, than Jaysen or Jaylen.