Author Topic: How/why do threads disappear on Celticsblog forum?  (Read 2824 times)

How/why do threads disappear on Celticsblog forum?
« on: December 26, 2017, 08:52:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I have been a member of Csblog for 8-9 years now.

During the course of that time, I have seen threads very occasionally (not often) just completely disappear, and I am wondering how that happens.

I get that some times threads are inappropriate on their face or the discussion/topic starting off appropriately, later devolves inappropriately and the thread is LOCKED. I get this, and usually this locked thread stays in the forum index.

Earlier today, I read through a thread on the Lakers imploding. Seemed ok, always like threads bearing bad news on the Fakers.

I went back to access it a short while ago (because I saw a great tweet on Silver Screen and Roll on Twitter that I wanted to share that a Faker fan posted of a screenshot from Trade Machine that had KCP at $17 mil on one side and a bag of Doritos on the other...haha) and couldn't find it anywhere to post.

I know I'm getting old, but I knew what I saw and read. I then went back into my browser history and found it and felt vindicated, clicked on it and got an error message that the thread or board didn't exist. I then went back to my history and the link wasn't there anymore.

Anybody help me as to how this happens from time to time, albeit infrequently?? I.E. someone disappearing whole threads and any trail of them. Hopefully this thread and me don't get disappeared too.

Anybody see the tread that I am referring to regarding the Lakers imploding?

Thanks.

Re: How/why do threads disappear on Celticsblog forum?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 09:01:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

During the course of that time, I have seen threads very occasionally (not often) just completely disappear, and I am wondering how that happens.

I get that some times threads are inappropriate on their face or the discussion/topic starting off appropriately, later devolves inappropriately and the thread is LOCKED. I get this, and usually this locked thread stays in the forum index.

Earlier today, I read through a thread on the Lakers imploding. Seemed ok, always like threads bearing bad news on the Fakers.

I went back to access it a short while ago (because I saw a great tweet on Silver Screen and Roll on Twitter that I wanted to share that a Faker fan posted of a screenshot from Trade Machine that had KCP at $17 mil on one side and a bag of Doritos on the other...haha) and couldn't find it anywhere to post.

I know I'm getting old, but I knew what I saw and read. I then went back into my browser history and found it and felt vindicated, clicked on it and got an error message that the thread or board didn't exist. I then went back to my history and the link wasn't there anymore.

Anybody help me as to how this happens from time to time, albeit infrequently?? I.E. someone disappearing whole threads and any trail of them. Hopefully this thread and me don't get disappeared too.

Thanks.

I believe Nick (the mod) merged it with the Lakers season watch thread. Check the individual post titles for verification (I believe that works).

EDIT: Yeah, see here: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=91717.870.

Re: How/why do threads disappear on Celticsblog forum?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 09:02:06 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

TP, jp......thank you.

Thanks.

I believe Nick (the mod) merged it with the Lakers season watch thread. Check the individual post titles for verification (I believe that works).

TP, jp......thank you.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:08:24 PM by csfansince60s »