Author Topic: Was Jaylen hurt towards the end of the Wizards game?  (Read 4589 times)

Re: Was Jaylen hurt towards the end of the Wizards game?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 10:23:58 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
trade him now. Jaylen is fools gold.. his ceiling is OTTO Porter tops. He aint gonna be anywhere close to even a Scottie Pippen right now,

I would trade anyone not named Kyrie, GH and Tatum at this point for a chance at Anthony Davis.
This seems like a hot take.

Last game he was great. Today he was off. And now he hurt.

He was OK but not great the last game and tonight he was terrible again. Anyone else have a feeling that everytime he steps in the FT line he will either miss one or both?...yes I know its frustrating but Jaylen has gone all Rondo on us on the free throw line.

I am dead serious that I wouldnt oppose a JB trade  if we can find any fringe allstar for him..

Yup.

I actually expect to see one of the shots clank off the outside of the rim.

There's nothing wrong with his shot, you can tell he's just completely in his own head like Rondo was.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 10:46:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He was OK but not great the last game and tonight he was terrible again. Anyone else have a feeling that everytime he steps in the FT line he will either miss one or both?...yes I know its frustrating but Jaylen has gone all Rondo on us on the free throw line.

Yep but he also shoots 40% from the free throw line and plays pretty good D and up his scoring average from 6.6 PPG to 14.5 ppg.  His rebounds shot up to almost5.8 per game from 2.8 RPG

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brownja02.html

I think the free throws will come, it is clear to me he practiced his three more in the off season but he did practice and has improved a great deal.

trade him now. Jaylen is fools gold.. his ceiling is OTTO Porter tops. He aint gonna be anywhere close to even a Scottie Pippen right now,

I would trade anyone not named Kyrie, GH and Tatum at this point for a chance at Anthony Davis.

Which is why your posting here and not in some GM's office manning the phones.   Brown has improved immensely from his rookie season.    Who is going to play SG if we trade him?   Marcus Smart?  Rozier?

This seems like a hot take.

I think that is pretty kind, I am inclined to think it is a hot pile of doo-doo, instead.

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 11:05:31 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Wow, he's our best two way player and has shown noticeable improvement in his game from year 1 to 2. If that doesn't suggest he's got the work ethic to correct improve his game year to year, I don't know what will. 

We're not moving our best two way player unless we get an Anthony Davis back, and thats just fact.

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 11:51:04 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I have to wonder if he gets the Morris treatment where he doesn’t play back to backs. Achilles injuries are no joke.

Brown needs to play with Tatum. Don’t know if I’d trade him. They compliment each other really well. I think if he can reach that Jimmy Butler level we all wanted, him and Tatum will wreck this league. And he’ll reach it. He works too hard..

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 01:23:38 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
So it’s a left leg injury apparently. Oh man, Danny really needs to get some help soon.

Same leg as his recent Achilles injury?

Yup, same leg. Hopefully it’s nothing major.

I was relieved when you said right leg, but man now it's very concerning.

This leads me to question our new medical staff.  Between Morris' recurring knee soreness and now a potential injury to Brown's leg, I've quickly lost faith in the injury management of our medical team - from the outside looking in, anyway.

Eh. Hard to make any judgements on Jaylen's injury without knowing more. As far as Morris, his knee's structurally sound  from all reports. I believe they've managed it well.

You believe? That's comforting.  Please state your highest level of basketball played, medical knowledge and/or experience, and what resources you have in mom's basement to continue to grow in this regard.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2017, 01:39:43 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
If you watched the game, he got kicked, pretty lightly IMO, on the outside of the knee, perhaps a little lower.  It looked like it was well above the achilles, and frankly, looks like it shouldn't have hurt him at all, so I'm not really sure what it might be.  But, I'd be surprised if it's anything serious.

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2017, 02:55:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Hoping for the best.

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2017, 03:05:52 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
So it’s a left leg injury apparently. Oh man, Danny really needs to get some help soon.

This leads me to question our new medical staff.  Between Morris' recurring knee soreness and now a potential injury to Brown's leg, I've quickly lost faith in the injury management of our medical team - from the outside looking in, anyway.

Eh. Hard to make any judgements on Jaylen's injury without knowing more. As far as Morris, his knee's structurally sound  from all reports. I believe they've managed it well.

You believe? That's comforting.  Please state your highest level of basketball played, medical knowledge and/or experience, and what resources you have in mom's basement to continue to grow in this regard.

Looks like someone needs a hug, asap.  So tell us, exactly how lousy was your Christmas this year?  ::)

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2017, 03:19:19 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Talk about personal attacks!  ;)

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2017, 03:28:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Hypocrisy? From Tarheels? :o
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2017, 03:33:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I'm glad to see a response.  This post was made on the heels of RJ's statement last night that I have no credibility -- a clear personal attack.  Here, I am asking questions that may give others an idea of his credibility, while not explicitly stating he has none.  If his comment is not a violation of forum rules, that mine absolutely cannot be considered one.  Further, if his is not, I am free to move well beyond simply asking questions.

Thanks for your post.

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2017, 03:34:13 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Looks like someone needs a hug, asap.  So tell us, exactly how lousy was your Christmas this year?  ::)

Personal attack.  Reported.

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2017, 03:34:36 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Hypocrisy? From Tarheels? :o

Please explain explicitly what you mean.