Author Topic: Cs aggressive on trade market: Mannix NBC Boston  (Read 15028 times)

Re: Cs aggressive on trade market: Mannix NBC Boston
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2017, 10:54:07 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
The logical pick would be Simmons for Rozier and a decent pick (late 1st/early 2nd)...

A slightly upgrade on size, scoring and playmaking, without losing any defense. With his cheap salary for the next 3 years, he is an absolute bargain asset that won't come cheap.

Orlando gets a year and a half of Rozier before making a decision on him in RFA in 2019. Add in a decent pick and they extend their asset collection.

Use the DPE on a big after the buyout market.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2017, 10:55:38 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Is there a reason Lou Williams is frowned upon so much here?

I get it, his defense isn't great, but in the playoffs especially, you'll see good teams have guys coming off the bench and scoring at will at times. We literally have no answer there at the moment besides an injured Marcus Morris.

Lou Williams is a guy who could put up 20 points in like 15 minutes off the bench some games, and take over. He's currently averaging 20/5/3 in 31 minutes/game for a bad Clippers team, and I could see him maybe averaging 12-14 PPG off the bench in 15-ish minutes/game.

Surround him with gritty defenders off the bench as well and it would work well. We're ultimately going to need a legitimate scoring spark off the bench and so far the closest guy to that is Larkins (who is doing well, but we'll need another piece IMO).

Our bench is capable of playing good defense and limiting the amount of points the other team gets, BUT it doesn't matter if you simply can't score, and therefore the lead decreases, or deficit increases.

Saying "his defense isn't great" is a HUGE understatement!!  He literally ranks 99th in defensive RPM out of 100 shooting guards.  Yes, that means he IS the second WORST defensive SG in the entire league!!!!

That is HORRENDOUS!!!!

Smitty77
So what's "defensive RPM"?

I'm so tired of people referencing RPM, it's the biggest garbage stat on the internet. It's not even a descriptive statistic, it's a predictive statistic that uses inputs like age, years in the league, height, position, ect. In other words, the regressions they run aren't even the same for every player.

I just point and laugh now when I see people reference RPM.

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2017, 11:03:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I wonder who Ainge is dangling in trade discussions.  Smart seems doubtful, Rozier has no value, the bench youth stink..

disagree

both have value.  Other teams may also had eyes on Semi in the draft.  Celts have an assortment of 2nd round picks and also their own 1sts.   

At least one move to add offense will happen imo. Celts can also use a backup big who can rebound

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2017, 11:16:20 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I wonder who Ainge is dangling in trade discussions.  Smart seems doubtful, Rozier has no value, the bench youth stink..

disagree

both have value.  Other teams may also had eyes on Semi in the draft.  Celts have an assortment of 2nd round picks and also their own 1sts.   

At least one move to add offense will happen imo. Celts can also use a backup big who can rebound
The only 2nd round pick the C's have is if the Clippers 1st round pick does not convey by 2021. Their own/other 2nd rounders (in '18 & '19) have already been traded.
Just sayin'. All they have is their own 1sts and the LAL/SAC/PHI pick and the Memphis pick.

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2017, 11:17:01 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The logical pick would be Simmons for Rozier and a decent pick (late 1st/early 2nd)...

A slightly upgrade on size, scoring and playmaking, without losing any defense. With his cheap salary for the next 3 years, he is an absolute bargain asset that won't come cheap.

Orlando gets a year and a half of Rozier before making a decision on him in RFA in 2019. Add in a decent pick and they extend their asset collection.

Use the DPE on a big after the buyout market.

Yeah, I really don't see Orlando trading Simmons right after they just signed him.

Simmons would be a great player to have coming off our bench, though. Very good defensive player, great in transition, and while probably only an average at best perimeter shooter, he is very strong with the ball and attacks the teeth of a defense about as good as any bench wing. He's not much of a facilitator for others though, that's not his game.

« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2017, 12:39:55 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

disagree

The only 2nd round pick the C's have is if the Clippers 1st round pick does not convey by 2021. Their own/other 2nd rounders (in '18 & '19) have already been traded.
Just sayin'. All they have is their own 1sts and the LAL/SAC/PHI pick and the Memphis pick.

TP
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2017, 01:07:59 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
I wonder who from Orlando we are interested in?

Hezonja is the most likely candidate to me. One year left on his deal.

Love to see him coached by Stevens. He needs a change of scenery.

6'8" guard who can shoot the 3 ball? Sounds good to me.

Watch this to see all you need to know about Hezonja...LOL... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcUh_InsSUw
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2017, 09:10:28 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
As others alluded to I think Hezonja is the guy, good contract and would fit nicely in Stevens system.
Stinks Vucevic injured his hand or else I'd say he'd be the guy to get.

Gasol wants out, I know there is no way we could afford him but he would be a great addition to this team right now.

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2017, 09:49:14 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I wonder who from Orlando we are interested in?

Hezonja is the most likely candidate to me. One year left on his deal.

Love to see him coached by Stevens. He needs a change of scenery.

6'8" guard who can shoot the 3 ball? Sounds good to me.
So easy to fall in love with Mario.
"Dunker that can hit 8 3threes in a game!"
Also, it is so easy to get frustrated watching him play/interact.
Almost like he has a brain wired for an individual sport. Tennis, snowboarding or air rifle.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2017, 10:29:14 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
To the Hezonja rumors...

If he can't defend, Brad won't play him.

Danny won't waste an asset on a guy that Brad won't play.

Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2017, 05:58:41 PM »

Offline DarthCeltic

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
Trade Yabs, Nader, Morris and celtics 2018 first for Vucevic.

Trade DPE and 2019 celtics first for Evans.

Kyrie/Rozier/Larkin
JBrown/Smart/Evans
Tatum/(Hayward when back)/Olejie
Horford/Theis/
Vucevic/Baynes/

of course with Vucevic breaking his hand, you would need to wait till the trade deadline to make the trade.

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2017, 06:12:41 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
To the Hezonja rumors...

If he can't defend, Brad won't play him.

Danny won't waste an asset on a guy that Brad won't play.

Normally I'd agree with you, but that'd mean no Lou Williams either. Also, Evan Turner likely wouldn't have been here based on that one criterion, as he never had the rep as a real willing defender.

My first choice is Tyreke from that group, but I'd settle for Williams or Hezonja. CBS could coach Hezonja up...he's got the raw skills.

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2017, 07:07:48 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Kyrie/Rozier/Larkin
JBrown/Smart/Evans
Horford/Theis/
Vucevic/Baynes/

of course with Vucevic breaking his hand, you would need to wait till the trade deadline to make the trade.

It's nonsense to trade a first round pick + waste the DPE for a deep bench player.

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2017, 07:17:43 PM »

Offline DarthCeltic

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4

Kyrie/Rozier/Larkin
JBrown/Smart/Evans
Horford/Theis/
Vucevic/Baynes/

It's nonsense to trade a first round pick + waste the DPE for a deep bench player.

This year he'd probably get 25-30 mpg as backup 3.  Morris and semi mins.

and both those picks will be 25 or worse.

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2017, 07:22:52 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Kyrie/Rozier/Larkin
JBrown/Smart/Evans
Horford/Theis/
Vucevic/Baynes/

Well since he has guys in the wrong positions and not in the likely order it doesn't help.  Smart is currently our ball handler behind KI.  Smart is only filling in at the off guard because of Brown's injury. 

I think the idea would be to have Evans become a 6th man scorer type.  Unfortunately for us Evans is better with the ball than playing off the ball, which leaves us with Smart or Rozier playing off the ball.  But we want smart on the court (for intangibles / def) but we don't want him playing off the ball, his shooting is so bad.