Author Topic: Cs aggressive on trade market: Mannix NBC Boston  (Read 15029 times)

Re: Cs aggressive on trade market: Mannix NBC Boston
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Maybe, this explains the "extra minutes" end of benchers have been getting of late

You mean injuries, right.   The end of the benchers we have are not really showcased material.

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
From that list of teams, the players i would be most interested in are Vucevic/Simmons from Orlando and Evans from Memphis.

Vucevic is intriguing as he is a big who can score and stretch the floor, something imo that the team is lacking at the moment. Olynyk was (wasn't) a lot of things, but he was always a threat and helped spacing. Vucevic can also chip in with rebounds as well but defensively he leaves a lot to be desired. Also, he's got an extra year at cheapish money.

Simmons is on a long term deal at a great number. He'd be my priority. Around 6 mil per for several seasons which will be key with the C's around the luxury tax issues. Will likely cost more to get. He's also has experience with SA/Popovich and playoff pedigree too.

Evans is the last guy on my list. He's cheap and fits under the DPE. As an expiring who's likely looking for a payday, not sure what Memphis can expect a lot in return. He can shoot the 3 and score, and has experience running an offense and second unit.

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Is there a reason Lou Williams is frowned upon so much here?

I get it, his defense isn't great, but in the playoffs especially, you'll see good teams have guys coming off the bench and scoring at will at times. We literally have no answer there at the moment besides an injured Marcus Morris.

Lou Williams is a guy who could put up 20 points in like 15 minutes off the bench some games, and take over. He's currently averaging 20/5/3 in 31 minutes/game for a bad Clippers team, and I could see him maybe averaging 12-14 PPG off the bench in 15-ish minutes/game.

Surround him with gritty defenders off the bench as well and it would work well. We're ultimately going to need a legitimate scoring spark off the bench and so far the closest guy to that is Larkins (who is doing well, but we'll need another piece IMO).

Our bench is capable of playing good defense and limiting the amount of points the other team gets, BUT it doesn't matter if you simply can't score, and therefore the lead decreases, or deficit increases.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2017, 11:22:01 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
These teams aren't going to make these trades for spare parts.  It takes value to get value.  If these teams make trades they want controllable players and picks because they are rebooting.

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2017, 11:45:49 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
For players like Henzonja, Lou Williams, and T Evans they all fit under the DPE salary requirements in the last year of their contracts.  Trading for an expiring contract where we won’t have bird rights what kind of added compensation are we adding to the DPE?  I would go as far as our own late first round pick, and that’s about it.

We could also save the DPE for a buyout candidate like Monroe, and use matching salaries for one of these players.  That makes it more difficult for us as we would be giving up controllable players beyond this year even with someone like Smart who we have his RFA bird rights.  Or we could try using lower salaries like Larkin and Nader along with a lower draft pick attached.

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2017, 12:11:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Lou Williams is a guy who could put up 20 points in like 15 minutes off the bench some games, and take over and I could see him maybe averaging 12-14 PPG off the bench in 15-ish minutes/game.

Do you realize that you're insinuating Williams is somehow the best scorer in the NBA and on-par with the 50.4 PPG season Chamberlain averaged in his 48.5 MPG on a per-minute basis?

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2017, 12:11:50 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
These teams aren't going to make these trades for spare parts.  It takes value to get value.  If these teams make trades they want controllable players and picks because they are rebooting.

The idea of being able to add a first is always value, but I think guys like Semi, Larkin, and Theis have each shown some value as young upside guys.

We might not have many too lotto picks left, the cupboard is far from bare.

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2017, 12:51:20 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
How about Z-bo?
I also like Monroe, Tyreke, Bobby Portis, Jared Dudley, and about 100 other guys that could come in off the bench and add value to a playoff run.

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2017, 12:56:49 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
How about Z-bo?
I also like Monroe, Tyreke, Bobby Portis, Jared Dudley, and about 100 other guys that could come in off the bench and add value to a playoff run.
He'd be great!

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2017, 01:08:17 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Sign me up for Jonathon Simmons. Gives us another capable wing on the defensive end.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 02:03:42 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2017, 10:30:02 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

I get it, his defense isn't great, but in the playoffs especially, you'll see good teams have guys coming off the bench and scoring at will at times. We literally have no answer there at the moment besides an injured Marcus Morris.

Lou Williams is a guy who could put up 20 points in like 15 minutes off the bench some games, and take over. He's currently averaging 20/5/3 in 31 minutes/game for a bad Clippers team, and I could see him maybe averaging 12-14 PPG off the bench in 15-ish minutes/game.

Surround him with gritty defenders off the bench as well and it would work well. We're ultimately going to need a legitimate scoring spark off the bench and so far the closest guy to that is Larkins (who is doing well, but we'll need another piece IMO).

Our bench is capable of playing good defense and limiting the amount of points the other team gets, BUT it doesn't matter if you simply can't score, and therefore the lead decreases, or deficit increases.

Saying "his defense isn't great" is a HUGE understatement!!  He literally ranks 99th in defensive RPM out of 100 shooting guards.  Yes, that means he IS the second WORST defensive SG in the entire league!!!!

That is HORRENDOUS!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Saying "his defense isn't great" is a HUGE understatement!!  He literally ranks 99th in defensive RPM out of 100 shooting guards.  Yes, that means he IS the second WORST defensive SG in the entire league!!!!

That is HORRENDOUS!!!!

Smitty77
So what's "defensive RPM"?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2017, 10:36:02 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I'd cost a rotation player.

Now, the question is; who'd you give up?  and/or who's minutes are you interested in decreasing?

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2017, 10:39:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we need a big who can score and play some D.  That is going to take a decent pick or two.

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2017, 10:53:07 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
How about Z-bo?

Randolph would be HUGE.  He currently has a 21.4 PER and is shooting 52.3% overall and 35.3 from three!!!  Also, he is shooting 78% at the FT line!!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/sac/sacramento-kings

He could really almost guarantee that we get to the ECF!! 

Smitty77