Author Topic: FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe set to retire (How convenient)  (Read 5669 times)

Re: FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe set to retire (How convenient)
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2018, 12:05:48 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 134
And it's now being reported that he was removed, and didn't get his nice little retirement package.

This after Jim Jordan said that Christopher Wrey took a look at the memo just yesterday...

No soup for you

Maybe a nice orange jump suit instead.

It's all collapsing in on em folks.....

That’s wrong. It’s been reported that he will get his full retirement package. He stopped work today, but he has leave that extends through the date he needs to qualify.

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2018, 12:08:42 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 134
Some thread necromancy here but I saw this thread of a timeline of relevant events using FOIA'ed emails - it's worth a read for anyone who's interested in what actually happened.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/949834366133456896.html

Basically McCabe promptly followed all relevant procedures for recusal, was never involved with the investigation during any point in his wife's campaign, and got smeared for it anyway, presumably to shield the President from accountability.

If you read further down on this site, (takes more than 5 minutes) you find a tweet from someone who went through all of the Strzok text messages.  The main take away (which included excerpts from the so called incriminating texts between Strzok and Page)?

They are... not remotely as sold by the media.  For a start, in the field of all the candidates, Strzok's initial preference was Kasich.

So the big deep state Clinton/Soros mole was a republican who liked Kasich.

Come on people, let's not stand for this unethical and potentially illegal attempt of cover for a dishonest president.  Let's vote all independents into the congress in 2018.

It's the same person who did both threads. 

Rightwing media is going to act in bad faith, but it really is astonishing how little effort the allegedly liberal media made to ground either set of smears in context. Especially the texts, whose meaning becomes sharply different - the "Trump can't ever be President" was an immediate reaction to him bragging about his penis size in a Republican debate, and the  "insurance policy" quote that launched a thousand conspiracy theories appears to just refer to going through with the upcoming initial intelligence briefings for Trump in case he won.

The people pushing these narratives know this stuff, but they think their audience isn't going to catch on, and they're sadly almost always right.

Well said. TP.

« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2018, 01:11:50 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 528
Bye bye scum bag filth.

So much for #BlueLivesMatter

Has nothing to do with it, nice spin though

You want corrupt people running the FBI?

They are going down along with others

Military tribunals coming for other treasonous actions from others. Hillary, Comey, all the way up to Obama....

Get ready,  this is going to be the biggest story in US history.....

When none of this actually happens remember to learn nothing at all from it, especially about the people who fed it to you.

* cough* wasserman-shultz  and her merry band of Ethnic slurs are against site rules hackers *cough*

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IAHGsyt2kZA
*Google paki definition

a person from Pakistan or South Asia by birth or descent, especially one living in Britain.

Ethnic slur?

Nice try....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paki_(slur)

So is Irish man a slur too?

How bout African American?

Pc culture is going down

Back on topic...

The memo is getting released , corruption in doj/FBI is being exposed

It is definitely a derogatory term. I've been to Britain plenty of times and it's considered racist.

« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2018, 10:06:06 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1997
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Bye bye scum bag filth.

So much for #BlueLivesMatter

Has nothing to do with it, nice spin though

You want corrupt people running the FBI?

They are going down along with others

Military tribunals coming for other treasonous actions from others. Hillary, Comey, all the way up to Obama....

Get ready,  this is going to be the biggest story in US history.....

When none of this actually happens remember to learn nothing at all from it, especially about the people who fed it to you.

* cough* wasserman-shultz  and her merry band of Ethnic slurs are against site rules hackers *cough*

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IAHGsyt2kZA
*Google paki definition

a person from Pakistan or South Asia by birth or descent, especially one living in Britain.

Ethnic slur?

Nice try....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paki_(slur)

So is Irish man a slur too?

How bout African American?

Pc culture is going down

Back on topic...

The memo is getting released , corruption in doj/FBI is being exposed

TP - ironically most "anti-PC" types are too politically correct to admit it has a lot to do with getting to be more openly bigoted without consequence.

« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2018, 04:56:23 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2345
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I don't know where else to put this so.....this seemed like the best alternative to starting a new thread about to (note to mods, would happily start a new thread if nec)

Quote from: Via CNN
Washington (CNN)Emails obtained by CNN show the FBI agent at the center of a Capitol Hill storm played a key role in a controversial FBI decision that upended Hillary Clinton's campaign just days before the 2016 election: the letter to Congress by then-FBI Director James Comey announcing the bureau was investigating newly discovered Clinton emails.

Strzok, who co-wrote what appears to be the first draft that formed the basis of the letter Comey sent to Congress, also supported reopening the Clinton investigation once the emails were discovered on disgraced former Rep. Anthony Weiner's laptop, according to a source familiar with Strzok's thinking. The day after Strzok sent his draft to his colleagues, Comey released the letter to Congress, reigniting the email controversy in the final days of the campaign.

Strzok did, however, harbor reservations about Comey making a public announcement just days before the election and sent a text message to that effect, two sources said. And Strzok's text messages provided to Congress show him grappling with the fallout of making the letter public, according to a CNN review of his texts.

So..I don't know what to make of this. Seems like the guy tried to do his job despite knowing it would have what he felt were adverse affects on the Presidential Election. Almost like someone could have personal political beliefs but when push comes to shove, still do their job with integrity.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2018, 05:20:36 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Dennis Johnson
I don't know where else to put this so.....this seemed like the best alternative to starting a new thread about to (note to mods, would happily start a new thread if nec)

Quote from: Via CNN
Washington (CNN)Emails obtained by CNN show the FBI agent at the center of a Capitol Hill storm played a key role in a controversial FBI decision that upended Hillary Clinton's campaign just days before the 2016 election: the letter to Congress by then-FBI Director James Comey announcing the bureau was investigating newly discovered Clinton emails.

Strzok, who co-wrote what appears to be the first draft that formed the basis of the letter Comey sent to Congress, also supported reopening the Clinton investigation once the emails were discovered on disgraced former Rep. Anthony Weiner's laptop, according to a source familiar with Strzok's thinking. The day after Strzok sent his draft to his colleagues, Comey released the letter to Congress, reigniting the email controversy in the final days of the campaign.

Strzok did, however, harbor reservations about Comey making a public announcement just days before the election and sent a text message to that effect, two sources said. And Strzok's text messages provided to Congress show him grappling with the fallout of making the letter public, according to a CNN review of his texts.

So..I don't know what to make of this. Seems like the guy tried to do his job despite knowing it would have what he felt were adverse affects on the Presidential Election. Almost like someone could have personal political beliefs but when push comes to shove, still do their job with integrity.

McCabe was also allegedly pushed out because of a report showing he wanted to sit on those emails until after the election, due to the DoJ policy of doing everything possible to not interfere with an ongoing election.

So, we've got Comey who was "officially" fired in part for reopening the investigation*, McCabe who's forced out for trying to wait before reopening it, and Strzok in the middle who wanted it reopened but not announced. All three have been attacked as traitors and criminals to help undermine the ongoing Trump investigation.

Someone noted that the FBI smears feast on innuendo and starve on evidence. Seems like yet another example of that.

*this was in Rosenstein's letter making a case for the firing. Trump of course blabbed on national TV and to the Russian ambassador that it was actually because of the Russia investigation. Rosenstein has since become an enemy of the people due to not actively interfering with Mueller on the President's behalf.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:29:43 PM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2018, 11:42:24 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2345
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2018, 02:16:56 PM »

Offline blink

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 363
I am not sure if this is the correct thread to put this (mods I can start a new thread if needed), but it seemed related to the Nunes Memo and general effort by the Trump administration to delegitimize the FBI to somehow taint Mueller and the Russia probe.

The Trump appointed FBI director, Chris Wray, has very strongly came out against the Nunes (Trump initiated?) memo.  I have read other articles saying that Wray is ready to resign if the memo is released as is.  The Trump administration is a freaking mess.  As a layperson, it sure seems like trump is literally creating more evidence of obstruction of justice by the day.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-director-prepared-to-issue-rebuttal-if-nunes-memo-released-fran-townsend/

« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2018, 07:40:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1038
I am reserving judgement until we see the memo.   It seems like the GOP is champing at the bit to release it and the Dems are trying to make it seem less important.   Time will tell.

Last thing any of us wants though is a FBIas meaning a biased FBI.  If it is true, the biased agents that took agents should be gone.   I also think if they nail Pres. Trump for obstruction then Hillary with her thousands of deleted emails should be charged too on some level.   There is already a servicemember who did the exact same thing and was sent to prison. 

https://www.snopes.com/kristian-saucier/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/20/navy-machinist-kristian-saucier-sentenced-over-cla/

Both sides of isle were trying to buy Russian Dirt on the other.

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2018, 08:06:07 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: 5389
I am reserving judgement until we see the memo.   It seems like the GOP is champing at the bit to release it and the Dems are trying to make it seem less important.   Time will tell.

Last thing any of us wants though is a FBIas meaning a biased FBI.  If it is true, the biased agents that took agents should be gone.   I also think if they nail Pres. Trump for obstruction then Hillary with her thousands of deleted emails should be charged too on some level.   There is already a servicemember who did the exact same thing and was sent to prison. 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/20/navy-machinist-kristian-saucier-sentenced-over-cla/

Want to see what is in the memo but find it telling that Trump appointed FBI Director Wray is vehemently against disclosing it and mentions it doesn't have all the facts in it. I also have seen enough evidence that the top of the FBI did quite a bit to say they could have shown favoritism to both Hilary and Trump. Just don't see enough out there to declare that the FBI is anything but doing what they feel is administering justice and trying to stay out of politics, which might be hard to do when during an election year you have a lifetime political crook and a possible compromised businessman crook running for President.

« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2018, 08:11:10 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 31
Seems to me that everyone who is/was pro-Obama, a Liberal/Leftist, and/or pro-Hillary is petrified of this memo coming out.  And everyone that's Conservative/Right Leaning and/or pro-Trump desperately wants this to be made public.  I'll reserve judgment until I get to see things for myself but if there's evidence of wrongdoing by Obama all I can say is UH OOOOOOOH. 

« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2018, 08:22:26 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Honestly there is a ton I disagree with about this post, but it's heartening to see that you do not blindly walk in line with the GOP on this.  Instead of arguing, I am just going to give a TP

« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2018, 08:24:38 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 84
Seems to me that everyone who is/was pro-Obama, a Liberal/Leftist, and/or pro-Hillary is petrified of this memo coming out.  And everyone that's Conservative/Right Leaning and/or pro-Trump desperately wants this to be made public.  I'll reserve judgment until I get to see things for myself but if there's evidence of wrongdoing by Obama all I can say is UH OOOOOOOH.
Not everyone that is Conservative/Right Leaning and/or pro-Trump  wants the memo released...upper echelon people in both the DOJ and FBI, who were appointed by Trump, are vehemently opposed to it's release because they believe it cherry picks and omits evidence.  Politically and professionally these people are putting themselves at risk by not following partisan politics...the people that do that are probably the ones to believe.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2018, 08:39:24 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 938

I don't think petrified is the right word.  What makes independents and democrats upset about this is the hypocrisy displayed by Republicans who constantly attacked Hilary about her emails citing that it compromised national security, but now are readying to release a document that (1) omits important facts, as pointed out by FBI Director Wray and Rod Rosenstein, both Trump appointees; (2) puts crosshairs on the FBI and the Justice Department for the sake of politics, sowing public mistrust among two important pillars of our democracy (that are supposed to be independent); (3) is devised by Devin Nunes, who has exhibited extremely shady behavior around the Russia investigation; (4) appears to have been altered further following the Republican vote to release the memo; all while yes, damaging national security.  Add that to the fact that the Republicans voted against releasing the rebuttal by the Democrats, and it's clear that House Republicans have no interest in displaying the full story to the American public.  Transparency my backside.  Even Republican senators are concerned about this.

But yes we'll see.  I'm not concerned about it, but it's clearly a major misstep for our democracy (what else is new under this administration?).  I think whatever is presented in that memo is easily refutable, just like every other weak lie and excuse presented by Trump and his family.  I'm not saying Trump is guilty, but he, his family, and members of his transition team sure act like they have something to hide.

With regard to Hilary for those who love to use her as a convenient distraction from Trump - yeah, lock her up if she's truly guilty of wrongdoing.  Any crooked politician deserves such a fate, Dem or Repub.

Broussard: "Did you call bank?"
Pierce: "I called game."

- Paul Pierce on his game-winning buzzer beater, game 3 EC Semi-finals against the Atlanta Hawks

« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2018, 10:34:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Dennis Johnson
My half-baked predictions on the Nunes memo:

- It will overemphasize the role of the Steele dossier in gaining a FISA warrant on Carter Page, ignoring or understating the use of other evidence and that the FBI had been watching him since at least 2013, as well as other Trump associates being monitored and now indicted.

- It will heavily overemphasize Rosenstein's role in renewing the warrant, because the biggest immediate purpose of the memo is to build a case for firing or forcing him out due to his refusal to undermine Mueller on Trump's behalf.

- Having convinced a gullible base through sheer repetition that the dossier has already been proven fake, Trump and toadies in Congress and the media will shriek that the entire investigation top to bottom is now corrupt and illegitimate. They will begin a drumbeat for firing Rosenstein, and either firing or completely hamstringing Mueller.

- The mainstream press will inadvertently further legitimize it by describing it as "controversial" and presenting both sides of the argument similarly with little editorial evaluation. They will be accused of massive partisan bias regardless by the same people carrying water for a President smearing federal investigators to derail a major investigation into himself.

- Lots of coordinated demands to investigate the "real scandal" involving the Obama admin gathering intel on a foreign attack on our country. Think the unmasking flap times ten. Some dog and pony "investigations" in Congress but none go anywhere other than pumping out fresh stories to eat up media oxygen.

- It will come out before long that Nunes was working directly with the White House, again, to write the memo. He's already refusing to answer whether he did so or not. The stories will be labeled as fake for reasons to be determined later or clumsily assembled on the fly.

After that, who knows. If Trump manages to kill the investigation by stacking the FBI and DoJ with lackeys we will go to a very dark place. Not sure how likely that is. But things will probably get worse before they get better.