Author Topic: FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe set to retire (How convenient)  (Read 4081 times)

Re: FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe set to retire (How convenient)
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 07:13:21 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 456
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
it's okay

mccabe's taste in music was horrible
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 07:24:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1081
it's okay

Absolutely,  I heard his favorite band is culture club ...

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 07:38:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 968
There is a fair amount of proof that some of the agents are partisans. 

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 09:01:09 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2320
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Some meaning how many, generally speaking? Partisan in what way? Because Id love to see the exact breakdown of FBI agents (the FBI generally being a conservative-leaning body) that have allowed their beliefs to affect the integrity of their work. Of course the FBI is full of people with partisan beliefs. We’re a 2 party state. Where are you going to find these intellectual eunuchs who don’t have political leanings?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2017, 10:11:24 PM »

Offline blink

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 292
The russia investigation is hardly a witch hunt.  Trump and the like feel if you say a lie enough times to enough people that people will start to believe it.  It just isn't the case.

Trump's tweet about McCabe is at worst witness tampering, and at best distraction from the real investigation - Mueller's.

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2017, 10:14:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2400
it's okay

So does he really want to hurt Trump?
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 10:39:01 PM »

Offline liam

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 556
it's okay

He really wants to make him cry!

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 10:53:18 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27913
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

Some meaning how many, generally speaking? Partisan in what way? Because Id love to see the exact breakdown of FBI agents (the FBI generally being a conservative-leaning body) that have allowed their beliefs to affect the integrity of their work. Of course the FBI is full of people with partisan beliefs. We’re a 2 party state. Where are you going to find these intellectual eunuchs who don’t have political leanings?

1. McCabe’s wife received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Hillary / “Friends of Bill” network while running for state Senate in VA, while Clinton was under FBI investigation.

Think of that in any other context: around $500k is funneled to the spouse of the Deputy Director of the FBI by personal friends and allies of an accused criminal. That looks bad.

2. Peter Strzok played a key role in the Clinton and Trump investigations. He altered the language of the FBI’s Hillary findings, changing key language to construe her actions as non-criminal. He talked about Trump being an utter idiot, supporting Hillary and saying “she just had” to win, Trump “can not be President”, etc. One text:

"I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy's [Andrew McCabe, Deputy Director of the FBI] office—that there's no way [Trump] gets elected—but I'm afraid we can't take that risk. It's like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40 ... "

It looks fishy. As the partisan liberal Vox said, “combined with the other texts openly critical of Trump and supportive of Clinton, it certainly suggested some degree of bias on Strzok’s part”.

Couple that with Comey leaking stories to the media and things look extremely unprofessional.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2017, 02:23:55 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2400
it's okay

He really wants to make him cry!

LOL TP

I guess my politcally-connected friend RH didn't get it...

Those Republicans and their innate lack of humor.............. ;D :)
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2017, 06:05:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 968

You asked and you shall receive, the article below breaks down the ideology of many agencies.   You're right in your assertion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/12/16/president-trump-claims-the-fbi-is-tainted-and-its-reputation-in-tatters-this-graph-shows-hes-wrong/?utm_term=.cf7ca58d656a

I am sure most of them do a great job.  But this guy,  Peter Strzok, seemed unable to separate his duties from his ideology.  I do not know of any wide conspiracy.  Perhaps the directors are solely appointed by the president and they promote their guys?

More on Strzok:

this particular text message, while raising some valid questions, according to my reading seems to be less than a canary in a conspiracy theory coal mine. Here's Strzok's full text, which was released along with many others last week:

I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office — that there’s no way he gets elected — but I'm afraid we can’t take that risk. It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40.

This text is from August 2016, and “Andy” may refer to Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe. The argument among some on the right is that “insurance policy” refers to some kind of deep-state conspiracy to take down Trump, and that it possibly even implicates McCabe, the No. 2 official at the FBI whose wife, Jill, happened to be a Democratic candidate for the Virginia state Senate last year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/12/18/peter-strzoks-insurance-policy-text-message-and-the-search-for-an-anti-trump-deep-state-smoking-gun/?utm_term=.ef2f9bd9db86

The recently released news of the firing (which occurred months ago) has brought attention to the FBI agent, Peter Strzok, as well as the several key investigations of which Strzok was a part, and the possibility that Strzok’s political interests compromised the credibility of the investigations.

During the presidential elections, Strzok was involved in the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s unsecured email server and her receipt of classified documents through that server. According to The Hill, Strzok allegedly edited a key phrase in the FBI’s conclusion on the case when former FBI Director James Comey gave his statement on the FBI’s decision.

Strzok changed the language on the Clinton email case from “grossly negligent,” which would have been a crime, to “extremely careless.” Changing the phrase may have exonerated Clinton.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/firing-of-fbi-agent-calls-attention-to-partisanship-in-high-stakes-investigations_2379771.html

Now they did the right thing and fire him and now McCabe has resigned.  So maybe they got them all but Strzok clearly did things that were partisan.  Did Comey know about this matter and that is why he disclosed prior to the election to get ahead of this????

Those Republicans and their innate lack of humor

In all honesty, those song jokes were not that funny, it did not make me "Tumble for you"

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2017, 08:37:50 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27913
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

You asked and you shall receive, the article below breaks down the ideology of many agencies.   You're right in your assertion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/12/16/president-trump-claims-the-fbi-is-tainted-and-its-reputation-in-tatters-this-graph-shows-hes-wrong/?utm_term=.cf7ca58d656a

I am sure most of them do a great job.  But this guy,  Peter Strzok, seemed unable to separate his duties from his ideology.  I do not know of any wide conspiracy.  Perhaps the directors are solely appointed by the president and they promote their guys?

More on Strzok:

this particular text message, while raising some valid questions, according to my reading seems to be less than a canary in a conspiracy theory coal mine. Here's Strzok's full text, which was released along with many others last week:

I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office — that there’s no way he gets elected — but I'm afraid we can’t take that risk. It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40.

This text is from August 2016, and “Andy” may refer to Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe. The argument among some on the right is that “insurance policy” refers to some kind of deep-state conspiracy to take down Trump, and that it possibly even implicates McCabe, the No. 2 official at the FBI whose wife, Jill, happened to be a Democratic candidate for the Virginia state Senate last year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/12/18/peter-strzoks-insurance-policy-text-message-and-the-search-for-an-anti-trump-deep-state-smoking-gun/?utm_term=.ef2f9bd9db86

The recently released news of the firing (which occurred months ago) has brought attention to the FBI agent, Peter Strzok, as well as the several key investigations of which Strzok was a part, and the possibility that Strzok’s political interests compromised the credibility of the investigations.

During the presidential elections, Strzok was involved in the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s unsecured email server and her receipt of classified documents through that server. According to The Hill, Strzok allegedly edited a key phrase in the FBI’s conclusion on the case when former FBI Director James Comey gave his statement on the FBI’s decision.

Strzok changed the language on the Clinton email case from “grossly negligent,” which would have been a crime, to “extremely careless.” Changing the phrase may have exonerated Clinton.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/firing-of-fbi-agent-calls-attention-to-partisanship-in-high-stakes-investigations_2379771.html

Now they did the right thing and fire him and now McCabe has resigned.  So maybe they got them all but Strzok clearly did things that were partisan.  Did Comey know about this matter and that is why he disclosed prior to the election to get ahead of this????

Those Republicans and their innate lack of humor

In all honesty, those song jokes were not that funny, it did not make me "Tumble for you"

Plus, if we’re connecting Culture Club to politics, shouldn’t we go with:

If I listened to your lies, would you say
I'm a man without conviction
I'm a man who doesn't know?
How to sell a contradiction

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2017, 12:14:57 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
Just saw on the News.

The whole Russia thing is a witch hunt.

They are just trying to drag it out until next years election.

Trump is right , the top of the FBI is totally corrupt,  trying to stop a dually elected President of the United States.

Time for people to go to jail, watch yourself Comey and Hillary....

Good, one less swamp rat.  Unfortunately the swamp is infested.  He must of realized that the Inspector General was on to him and after being in front of the congressional committee he saw the writing on the wall. This still doesn't keep him from being prosecuted. What he potentially or allegedly did was reprehensible.

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2017, 12:19:04 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• Al Horford
I would think Trump supporters would be happy to get rid of McCabe.

It doesn't matter if your a Trump supporter or not, wouldn't you want corruption out of the swamp?  Don't you want the FBI to be as Apolitical as possible?

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2017, 12:20:31 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• Al Horford
The FBI just thwarted a domestic (yes domestic) terrorist plot... seems like the perfect day to attack them.
One has nothing to do with the other. The FBI is a great agency, but are we suppose to turn our back on corruption?

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2017, 01:33:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 2431
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The FBI just thwarted a domestic (yes domestic) terrorist plot... seems like the perfect day to attack them.
One has nothing to do with the other. The FBI is a great agency, but are we suppose to turn our back on corruption?

The entire basis of the smears on McCabe and others is getting people to turn their backs on corruption.