Author Topic: FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe set to retire (How convenient)  (Read 5833 times)

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe set to retire (How convenient)
« on: December 23, 2017, 04:32:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1183
Just saw on the News.

The whole Russia thing is a witch hunt.

They are just trying to drag it out until next years election.

Trump is right , the top of the FBI is totally corrupt,  trying to stop a dually elected President of the United States.

Time for people to go to jail, watch yourself Comey and Hillary....

Re: FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe set to retire (How convenient)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 04:53:38 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 5416
I would think Trump supporters would be happy to get rid of McCabe.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 04:56:12 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 356
The FBI just thwarted a domestic (yes domestic) terrorist plot... seems like the perfect day to attack them.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 04:56:52 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27753
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Iíve got to say, the FBI is way more of a mess than I think most people (of whatever political persuasion) anticipated. I always respected them as top cops, and most of them still are. The problem is that the closer you get to the top, the more you get ladder-climbing bureaucrats.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 04:59:05 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
The FBI just thwarted a domestic (yes domestic) terrorist plot... seems like the perfect day to attack them.

Has nothing to do with the rank and file of FBI. Like I said it's the very top, totally politicized.  Trying to get one candidate elected over another while totally dismissing all the wrong doing by the Clinton criminal organization....

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 05:02:37 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1355
You may be right; you may be wrong. You should probably consider both possibilities. 

Not sure the dictionary definition of "witch hunt" as an idiom, but if it is supposed to mean a politically motivated effort to discredit an opponent for which there is no meaningful evidence to warrant the effort, then I can't quite fathom you calling the "Russia thing" a witch hunt.  I doubt a true idiomatic "witch hunt" would produce the indictments, circumstantial evidence and connections that this investigation has already produced .   It may very well turn out that there is no actual collusion between Trump's campaign and the Russian government to work together to sway the election -- however, that will not mean it has been a witch hunt.  And btw, I believe there will not be any proof of collusion -- but I definitely think the investigation is warranted.

I am also all for exploring anything that Hillary or Comey did, or anything that involves an FBI conspiracy v. Trump.  Hillary has been pretty deeply investigated -- and I'm fine if that is re-energized if there is smoke. 

I am confused as to why you aren't OK with the Trump-Russia investigation as it seems so apparent that there may be guilt (or question-worth behavior) beyond Manafort, beyond Flynn -- which should be enough for even the most reluctant conspiracy theorist to raise an eyebrow.

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 05:57:52 PM »

Offline liam

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 733
Deep State, False News, Witch Hunt,...sad...

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 06:11:40 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
J a dually elected President of the United States.

Was he elected twice or was he driving a big pickup truck? ;)
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 06:17:45 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 938
Both Trump supporters and haters are pretty set in their stance with regard to the Russia investigation, so it's not worth it to type out a prolonged argument here.

What I find troubling is that many people aren't concerned with the unwarranted attacks on Mueller and his team, much of it coming from members of the House Intel Committee who are supposed to be running an objective investigation.  There has been some very shady activity, especially from Devin Nunes.  Just because McCabe and Strzok have political viewpoints (like everyone else in the FBI) does not mean that the investigation is automatically compromised.  There's zero evidence that it is a partisan "witch hunt", while on the other hand the events that have unfolded thus far show that Trump, Trump's family, and key members of his team have ALL lied about having connections to Russian officials.

Even if the investigation shows no collusion between Trump himself and Russia, that's fine.  What matters is that we get to the bottom of what happened so that future Russian (or other foreign govts) efforts are thwarted.  I don't care who it is - if it's Trump, Sanders, Clinton - if there was the same cloud of suspicion that enveloped one of these politicians' campaign, I'd want it investigated.  It's amazing how Trump supports cry foul about this investigation, but if it were Clinton the calls for her head would be endless.  If Trump is innocent then there's nothing to worry about.  Let Mueller carry out his investigation without interference.  The way that he and the Republicans are acting only heightens suspicion in the public eye.

Broussard: "Did you call bank?"
Pierce: "I called game."

- Paul Pierce on his game-winning buzzer beater, game 3 EC Semi-finals against the Atlanta Hawks

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 06:30:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 2417
Barely a year ago articles were being saying how agents called the FBI ďTrumplandĒ, and now weíre supposed to believe that itís the Deep State out to topple Trump?

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/03/fbi-leaks-hillary-clinton-james-comey-donald-trump

Neither, of course, is or was true.  The FBI has 35,000 employees who come from all political persuasions, although probably has a conservative lean as does most law enforcement (thatís just a societal thing as law enforcement is weighted towards people with military backgrounds, which is weighted towards people with conservative backgrounds, and is not a judgment on law enforcement officers, either positively or negatively).  Certainly amongst 35,000 people there will be a few people who hold political bias while performing their jobs, and thatís true for the left, right, and center.  Itís  arguable that the bias from the right in the FBI affected the election more than bias from the left.

Anyway, the FBI on the whole does good work, as is true with all federal agencies.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 06:46:49 PM by saltlover »
ďWhen an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.Ē

Leviticus 19:33-34

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 06:31:57 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 102
Trump
Was
Dually
Elected.

I feel like the Trump era will be remembered for highlighting the shortcomings of many of our nationís institutions
Celticsblog.com since before the days of Miracle Johan

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 06:38:50 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
Trump
Was
Dually
Elected.

I feel like the Trump era will be remembered for highlighting the shortcomings of many of our nationís institutions

Or spellchecker changing what we type ;)

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 06:41:17 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 102
Trump
Was
Dually
Elected.

Lol sorry I just thought that was a funny autocorrect. Iím of the mindset that ďneither Trump nor the FBI are doing things right. But my gut tells me the FBI is closer to ďrightĒ than TrumpĒ
Celticsblog.com since before the days of Miracle Johan

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2017, 06:46:32 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1355
Trump
Was
Dually
Elected.

Been victim of many such eras myself.

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2017, 06:54:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
Trump
Was
Dually
Elected.

Been victim of many such eras myself.

Lol TP

It's more of the speech to text function
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 07:01:52 PM by rondohondo »